League News: 2014 Off-season Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The lone representative of the old SE Division, the Blotz, are down 3-0 and ready for an early sweep exit. How the rest fared:

WPG: last in division
FLA: next to last in division
CAR: next to last in division
WAS: 5th in division, first loser in wild card race

Yep. As bad as we knew it was.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Greg Wyshinski apparently thinks are all gay people are sissies.

Its the NoVA bloggers though... Japers and RMNB are the same.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
If the caps made this playoffs and got all the calls the Pens did, even with our current roster, there's a very real chance they go far.

It's unbelievable how the Pens just get every single call. Shift after they made it 2-0, a BJ player is cross checked from behind into the boards, clear penalty, they don't call it then 5 seconds later Pit gets a PP.

It's also so fun watching them get outworked against inferior opponents every single year in the playoffs. You could say they've been even worse than the Caps in the playoffs since they won the Cup, with a much better roster.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
That 8x$7.25M for Letang which kicks in next year is looking pretty good. :thumbu:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
And the Penguin slurpfest by Pierre McGuire is out in full force.

Pierre: After a rough start, Fluery is doing everything he can to keep the Penguins it. He really is.

Kenny Albert: Well, he's given up a goal on the only shot he's faced this period.

LOL.

I saw that. really hard to watch. Even the little things,like pierre calls pitts players by their nicknames. It's pretty unbearable.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Hey how long did we say Colorado could borrow varly for? I forget.
He's been good this year. He was arguably the worst starting goalie in the league last year and was worse than 2014 version of Holtby the year prior. Good for him. But it's a classic case of what have you done for me lately. Lets see how he does next year. Oh, and Holtby has a higher career save percentage as well, even including Varly's monster year.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Granlund. Sick.

i3len1Yh2vzbJ.gif

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
And the Penguin slurpfest by Pierre McGuire is out in full force.

Pierre: After a rough start, Fluery is doing everything he can to keep the Penguins it. He really is.

Kenny Albert: Well, he's given up a goal on the only shot he's faced this period.

LOL.

You can't make this junk up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad