League News: 2014 Off-season Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
backstrom is one of the most overrated players in the league i think. he's just a swedish mikko koivu that happens to play with ovechkin.

He has plenty of skill and a decent shot he just seems to lack motivation and drive.

He has had Ovi to aid in his offensive stats but arguably is a different player without Ovi.

But its likely a pipedream to think he would rack up the same points without Ovi.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The strength of the Caps power play was one of the few bright spots of the season - tactically, the set-up employed by Oates (Forsyth?) really seemed to fit the skills and strengths of the guys.

Personally I don't see the Caps' PP under Oates as really all that different than it was under Boudreau. Moderate different positioning of Green/Carlson and Ovechkin but what everyone is trying to do and how they are doing it is pretty much the same.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Healy is a Pejorative Slur.

Now Stamkos' GPG was .67 and Ovechkins was .65, but that was a full season...

On top of that Stamkos has had 2 very similar GA/20 seasons of being over 1 GA per 20 minutes of ES ice time, but both them had his teams on ice shooting percentage nearly 12 where as Ovechkins was under 6.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
i thought that was funny. how does stamkos playing 200 feet make him a better goal scorer? maybe more complete player, but not better goal scorer

and Stamkos isn't even good on defense. :laugh:

Watching the LA/SJ game...Kopitar is the EXACT kind of player this team needs. I love Backstrom (favorite player on the team), but I'd trade him + something else for Kopitar in a heartbeat.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The lone representative of the old SE Division, the Blotz, are down 3-0 and ready for an early sweep exit. How the rest fared:

WPG: last in division
FLA: next to last in division
CAR: next to last in division
WAS: 5th in division, first loser in wild card race

ryan519*

montreal looks dangerous this year. i could see them going far, especially with that reffing in the bell centre

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The lone representative of the old SE Division, the Blotz, are down 3-0 and ready for an early sweep exit. How the rest fared:

WPG: last in division
FLA: next to last in division
CAR: next to last in division
WAS: 5th in division, first loser in wild card race

Long live the least

5145030052_93846f6dcb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad