League News: 2014 Off-season Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
They definitely seem to pander to the canadien viewers but to me that shows the thirst the viewership has for this stuff. Talk about inferiority complex.

I thought Tampa/Montreal was pretty good actually! I agree on most of the games in the West.

Boston/Detroit tho...talk about a boring trapfest. Not my kind of hockey personally. Boston is really really good at trapping tho. Have to give them credit there. They are the new Devils. Intimidating physical dman, strong goalie, scoring depth, stringent trapping system, selke caliber shutdown guy (Bergeron vs prime Madden)

Habs are the lone Canadian representative in the playoffs this year. With the Cup drought spanning over 20 years for their country, I wonder if fans of other teams in Canada are still holding on to their team allegiances or if they've switched to a national one yet.

I don't cruise other teams' boards so maybe someone else who's into that has a feel for it. I would guess for many it will kick in if MTL makes the Finals.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Habs are the lone Canadian representative in the playoffs this year. With the Cup drought spanning over 20 years for their country, I wonder if fans of other teams in Canada are still holding on to their team allegiances or if they've switched to a national one yet.

I don't cruise other teams' boards so maybe someone else who's into that has a feel for it. I would guess for many it will kick in if MTL makes the Finals.

This is interesting tho...

I think if it were Vancouver, Alberta x 2, Winnipeg or Toronto then Canadian's would REALLY pull for that nationalism pride thing.

Montreal? They are but seem more "reluctant". It doesn't seem as the Habs are completely in the nationalism realm there but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I don't really goto other teams boards much..but when I do its a Canadian team! Meltdowns, over reactions, insanity...that makes me happy.

There is one thread where they argue that they wouldn't trade Gallagher for Ovechkin. Well something like a 1/3rd of them would rather have Gallagher (salary cap/contract etc everything aside)

It makes me appreciate Toronto fans and thats hard to do!

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
If you guys want to see the worst call of these playoffs, look at the holding call on Anisimov. Pokes the puck around Maata with his stick and jumps around him to get a breakaway... ****ing awful call.

ryan519*

This is interesting tho...

I think if it were Vancouver, Alberta x 2, Winnipeg or Toronto then Canadian's would REALLY pull for that nationalism pride thing.

Montreal? They are but seem more "reluctant". It doesn't seem as the Habs are completely in the nationalism realm there but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

I don't really goto other teams boards much..but when I do its a Canadian team! Meltdowns, over reactions, insanity...that makes me happy.

There is one thread where they argue that they wouldn't trade Gallagher for Ovechkin. Well something like a 1/3rd of them would rather have Gallagher (salary cap/contract etc everything aside)

It makes me appreciate Toronto fans and thats hard to do!

saw that thread. ****in idiots

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Looks like Cooke is getting 7 games, doesn't seem like enough for a guy on his 10th suspension with a much longer history of malicious hits on vulnerable players.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Man you can say wahtever about Fleury(I didn't see the goal), but the Penguins got thoroughly outplayed if the shots are any indicator of that.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I bet ANA to win the series, but I would be so happy if DAL took it. I've waffled on BB, but in my heart of hearts I hope he never breaks through. Can't help it.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto

theres no such thing as national allegiances, except for very very casual fans that only know about big market teams (montreal, toronto). at that point its more a popularity contest than a canadian team contest.

washlion

Aug 22, 2010
Anyone remember when Dallas beat the Caps 5-0? And some here were saying we let a team not as good as the Caps beat us? Dallas is so far superior to the craps that that ought to spot DC two goals when they play.
By the way, I know you all recognize the MP and Eakin were traded away by McPhee--for whom again?
If Leonsis doesn't seek PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY HELP we are wasting our time and money with the DC franchise.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
I bet ANA to win the series, but I would be so happy if DAL took it. I've waffled on BB, but in my heart of hearts I hope he never breaks through. Can't help it.

BB is cracking...benching Selanne when Getzlaf is out, now flipping the goalie in the middle of the 3rd. Unraveling quick...

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
BB is cracking...benching Selanne when Getzlaf is out, now flipping the goalie in the middle of the 3rd. Unraveling quick...

Anaheim just isn't even a good team. I'm shocked BB even does as well as he does with them in the regular season.

They have Getzlaf and Perry... no other scorers, no defense, and no goalie.

Now that I think of it, sounds a hell of a lot like the BB-led Caps, except with a secondary 30-40G scorer thrown in.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Anaheim just isn't even a good team. I'm shocked BB even does as well as he does with them in the regular season.

They have Getzlaf and Perry... no other scorers, no defense, and no goalie.

Now that I think of it, sounds a hell of a lot like the BB-led Caps, except with a secondary 30-40G scorer thrown in.

They were the highest scoring team in the league. And just in case you don't believe and go check, game winning shootout goals count towards GF totals.

Oh man Ducks fans getting dirty, calling Stars fans rednecks. lool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad