League News: 2014 Off-season Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
CapitalsCupFantasy said:
by my count, only 1 guy drafted ahead of Fehr has had less of a career, Nilsson at 12...

Big fan of Huge Specimen's career I assume...?

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
I am actually enjoying the caps being out of the playoffs right now. I am enjoying every game so much more, and have a broader rooting interest in teams than I normally do during our inevitable collapse

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Washington not playing does drastically alter one's emotional landscape. It's almost hard to keep the seething sense of disgustappointment that I'm increasingly equating with watching NHL ice hockey.

Tracking the Penguins' playoff PP differential and the number of points that Eakin and Perrault score might help keep my gall bladder in shape over the long summer.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I am actually enjoying the caps being out of the playoffs right now. I am enjoying every game so much more, and have a broader rooting interest in teams than I normally do during our inevitable collapse

Washington not playing does drastically alter one's emotional landscape. It's almost hard to keep the seething sense of disgustappointment that I'm increasingly equating with watching NHL ice hockey.

Tracking the Penguins' playoff PP differential and the number of points that Eakin and Perrault score might help keep my gall bladder in shape over the long summer.

Yep. Most entertaining, least stressful/demoralizing post-season in years. Great hockey. No heartbreak.

There you go, Ted. Your inept management has made Caps-free playoff hockey the more enjoyable option. Nice work.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.

It's so weird to see teams consistently provide proper support to each other on the forecheck.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Sounds dangerous. What would happen if Lucic cup-checked Phil Kessel's adamantium testicle with an unbreakable hockey stick? End of the universe as we know it.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Yep. Most entertaining, least stressful/demoralizing post-season in years. Great hockey. No heartbreak.

There you go, Ted. Your inept management has made Caps-free playoff hockey the more enjoyable option. Nice work.

That and its way cheaper on my wallet/liver/general well being. I think part of it might also be the new playoff seeding where basically every series is some sort of historical rivalry, and its enjoyable to watch good hockey.

I wonder how much uncle Teddy's pocket is hurting from not having the playoff $$$, although the zards did make it

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Man, the Bruins and Wings looked very evenly matched last night. I have no idea how this will go. I was originally calling the Bruins, but not anymore.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Seabrook brutal headshot on Backes...

Understand the penalty, but I mixed feelings when you see guys suddenly change their height and all of a sudden your saying it was to the head on purpose. I never played anywhere near the speed these guys are and I can tell you, its not easy hitting a moving target right where you want to. I also hate the only reason it was a penalty was because the blues started a scrum that stopped play and they reviewed it.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Columbus has no business being in the playoffs. They're terrible.

Edit: holy ****, what a shot by Johansen.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Columbus has no business being in the playoffs. They're terrible.

Edit: holy ****, what a shot by Johansen.

Many borderline bad teams eek in.

I am now starting to think the only reason we made the playoffs the previous 2-3 vists was the South Least being as bad as it was.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Many borderline bad teams eek in.

I am now starting to think the only reason we made the playoffs the previous 2-3 vists was the South Least being as bad as it was.

In 2013 it was obviously the reason why, i dont remember our 2012 record against the south least though.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Columbus is the anti-Caps: work their arses off every shift, don't concede an inch of ice, and keep your legs moving like pistons for your entire shift. It's pretty simple what they're doing - apparently way too simple for Oates and the Caps.

Pittsburgh is having a very difficult time matching their work ethic.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Awful call on Comeau, puck was 2 feet away in the corner from Oprik and he decked Orpik.

All damn game long you will see players do the same exact thing and then hold the player to the boards while their teammate gets the puck, but of course its against CreePierres precious Penguins so its interference.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
$5k fine for what according to the rule book is absolutely a 5 minute major, that went uncalled.

It is garbage like that that makes me happy that I finally pulled the pin on my 16 years of season tickets for the Caps and this 3rd rate league.

If that is how the league views that kind of krap anyone not purposely trying to hurt their opponent behind the play doesn't want to win enough.

$5K are you kidding me? You could do that once a game and it would only cost you $410k over a season and I bet half the time the guy doesn't come back that game.

This krap makes me hate this league...

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Columbus is the anti-Caps: work their arses off every shift, don't concede an inch of ice, and keep your legs moving like pistons for your entire shift. It's pretty simple what they're doing - apparently way too simple for Oates and the Caps.

And yet their PP apparently is designed to never put anyone in position to easily get a decent shot off. Maybe it isn't all so simple afterall.

I'm not in anyway defending Oates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->