2014 NHL Re-Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Reinhart dominated. Easily the best player in the tournament and Canada's best defensive forward. Not gonna comment on Nylander because this is already getting derailed Leafs style.

Reinhart wasn't the best player in the tournament. He was the best player in the gold medal game and in that game and in the semis I'd be willing to say he dominated, but that whole line dominated. And in the earlier rounds, it was more Duclair and Domi that were more impressive. Domi was the best player in the tournament imo when taking into account everything. Reinhart stepped up when it mattered though.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Reinhart wasn't the best player in the tournament. He was the best player in the gold medal game and in that game and in the semis I'd be willing to say he dominated, but that whole line dominated. And in the earlier rounds, it was more Duclair and Domi that were more impressive. Domi was the best player in the tournament imo when taking into account everything. Reinhart stepped up when it mattered though.

You mean the same Anthony Duclair that missed 2 or 3 open net tap-ins from Reinhart? Right :rolleyes:

Duclair was just alright in the tournament, he sticks out because he's fast.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
You mean the same Anthony Duclair that missed 2 or 3 open net tap-ins from Reinhart? Right :rolleyes:

Duclair was just alright in the tournament, he sticks out because he's fast.

Reinhart missed chances too. In the earlier games I didn't notice him all that much and I got the sense he had a tough time keeping up with the speed of Domi and Duclair. As the tournament went on I thought he got more comfortable and by the end the whole line was clicking, but at the beginning I was pretty unimpressed with Reinhart.

I can even take you back to some of my quotes that I wrote about him during the tournament GDT.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Reinhart in his draft year put up 105 points in 60 games. Draisaitl put up 105 points in 64 games.

This year Draisaitl has 53 points in 32 (1.65PPG) regular season games. Reinhart has 65 in 47 games (1.38PPG).

Reinhart put up 9 points in 7 playoffs games. Draisailt has put up 15 points in 9 games.

The two are pretty much equal in terms of production and probably hold the same value. They went number 2 and number 3 for a reason.

I can't see any reason why some posters would have Reinhart 2 and Draisaitl 8. I guess when you get drafted by the Oilers you automatically become forgotten.

I would say the reverse is true -being drafted by the Oilers at 3 doesn't automatically put you on the same tier as the consensus top 3 in the eyes of the rest of the hockey world.
Averaging all rankings its pretty clear that it was
Ekblad
Sams

Drai/DalColle/Nylander/Ehlers.

Personally I have Bennett a clear step above Reinhart, and think that this year has closed the gap between him and that second group. Right now I would have it as: (left to right being my minor preference within the tier, but players within each tier being largely interchangeable)

1 Ekblad
2 Bennett

3 Reinhart
4-7 Nylander/Draisaitl/Ehlers/Dal Colle
8-14 Larkin/Ritchie/Pastrnak/ Fiala/Virtanen/Sanheim/Fleury/

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1. ekblad
2. nylander
3. reinhart
4. bennett
5. dal colle
6. pastrnak
7. ehlers
8. sanheim
9. draisaitl
10. larkin

Last edited:

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
I would say the reverse is true -being drafted by the Oilers at 3 doesn't automatically put you on the same tier as the consensus top 3 in the eyes of the rest of the hockey world.
Averaging all rankings its pretty clear that it was
Ekblad
Sams

Drai/DalColle/Nylander/Ehlers.

Personally I have Bennett a clear step above Reinhart, and think that this year has closed the gap between him and that second group. Right now I would have it as: (left to right being my minor preference within the tier, but players within each tier being largely interchangeable)

1 Ekblad
2 Bennett

3 Reinhart
4-7 Nylander/Draisaitl/Ehlers/Dal Colle
8-14 Larkin/Ritchie/Pastrnak/ Fiala/Virtanen/Sanheim/Fleury/
Uh please show me the rankings where Draisatl dropped past 4? There was a clear drop in talent/prospect level/chances of reaching potential after the top 4 in 2014, and Draisatl was in the top 4. Depending on team need, any of those top 4 could have gone 1st OA. The jets likely would have drafted Draisatl with the #1 OA, as would have Nashville and St. Louis due to them being in the West and already having strong defensive core and wingers while needing size up the middle.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Uh please show me the rankings where Draisatl dropped past 4? There was a clear drop in talent/prospect level/chances of reaching potential after the top 4 in 2014, and Draisatl was in the top 4. Depending on team need, any of those top 4 could have gone 1st OA. The jets likely would have drafted Draisatl with the #1 OA, as would have Nashville and St. Louis due to them being in the West and already having strong defensive core and wingers while needing size up the middle.

Nah man, you're reconstructing history to fit your opinion. Could he have gone first? obviously, it only takes one team to really like him to make the pick. Was he likely to go first? No.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2014-nhl-draft-prospect-rankings/

Average draft ranking ( Number of top 3's out of 12) (Number of 1sts)
Ekblad-1.6 (12) (7)
Reinhart-2.2 (10) (3)
Draisaitl-5.1 (1) (0)
Bennett-2.3 (11) (2)
Dal Colle-5.6 (1) (0)
Nylander-6.6 (1) (0)
Ehlers-7.1 (0) (0)
Ritchie (9) (0)
Virtanen (9.7) (0)

Times Ranked ahead of Draisaitl
Dal Colle (1)
Nylander (4)
Ehlers (3)
Ritchie (1)
Fiala (1)

Draisaitl was clearly in the second group, though consistently at the top of it. To answer your "question" he dropped past 4 five times out of twelve.

So uh, there are the rankings you so politely requested.

Aceonfire*

Ekblad

Draisaitl/Bennett/Reinhart

Ehlers/Pastrnak/Nylander

MDC/Sanheim/Larkin

This is how I see the tiers right now.

Bluejaysfan*

Ekblad

Draisaitl/Bennett/Reinhart

Ehlers/Pastrnak/Nylander

MDC/Sanheim/Larkin

This is how I see the tiers right now.

Yeah, I'd put Ritchie in that last tier and maybe move LD to the Ehlers tier but other than that, pretty accurate.

ZeroPT*

Reinhart missed chances too. In the earlier games I didn't notice him all that much and I got the sense he had a tough time keeping up with the speed of Domi and Duclair. As the tournament went on I thought he got more comfortable and by the end the whole line was clicking, but at the beginning I was pretty unimpressed with Reinhart.

I can even take you back to some of my quotes that I wrote about him during the tournament GDT.

the only reason Domi and Duclair were allowed to be unleashed and to be that fast was BECAUSE of Reinhart. You didn't notice him because he was always in perfect position to cover for them defensively and start up another rush. Reinhart was integral to that line. To suggest that Duclair was on the level of Domi/Reinhart in the tournament is straight up nonsense.

Reinhart dominated. To some, dominating constitutes skating really fast and dekeing out guys. Reinhart dominated with his position, his two way prowess and his pin point passing. If Reinhart weren't on that line, the success of the trio would be probably halved. I can totally understand saying Domi was better. I think the two dominated together and were interchangeable whilst Duke was a bit of a 3rd wheel. Suggesting that Duclair was better than Reinhart? That's straight up wrong.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
the only reason Domi and Duclair were allowed to be unleashed and to be that fast was BECAUSE of Reinhart. You didn't notice him because he was always in perfect position to cover for them defensively and start up another rush. Reinhart was integral to that line. To suggest that Duclair was on the level of Domi/Reinhart in the tournament is straight up nonsense.

Reinhart dominated. To some, dominating constitutes skating really fast and dekeing out guys. Reinhart dominated with his position, his two way prowess and his pin point passing. If Reinhart weren't on that line, the success of the trio would be probably halved. I can totally understand saying Domi was better. I think the two dominated together and were interchangeable whilst Duke was a bit of a 3rd wheel. Suggesting that Duclair was better than Reinhart? That's straight up wrong.

I hope you notice i have nothing against Reinhart. If you go back and look at my posts in the Wjc gold medal game i used brilliant and exceptional to describe him and my exact words in another quote were "this team will live or die with Reinhart. If we win gold itll be because of him"

He got better as the tournament went on. Thats how it was, doesnt mean its a bad thing, we all saw what he can do.

ZeroPT*

I hope you notice i have nothing against Reinhart. If you go back and look at my posts in the Wjc gold medal game i used brilliant and exceptional to describe him and my exact words in another quote were "this team will live or die with Reinhart. If we win gold itll be because of him"

He got better as the tournament went on. Thats how it was, doesnt mean its a bad thing, we all saw what he can do.

That's really not the issue. The issue at hand is how one could possibly think Duclair was better at any extended period of time during that tourney.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Ekblad
Bennett
Reinhart

Pastrnak
Del Colle
Ehlers
Sanheim
Draisaitl

Virtanen
Ritchie

Nylander

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Here is a StatTable to reference for the 2014 NHL Draft for all 7 rounds and PPG from last year and this year.

2014 NHL Draft PPG Progression

League changes are noted, and consider this as a player may have 'regressed' points wise, but done very well in the change IE OHL to NHL for Aaron Ekblad. The league with the most GP was used, and closest to NHL IE AHL vs. SHL.

It's all in how you view the complete picture, for instance, it is unlikely that Jesper Petterson is the most improved even though he has the highest %. This is because his actual PPG is quite low, and he's older.

Thought it was interesting to see the 3 biggest regressions (from players who did not change league) -

3rd round - #86 - Nathan Walker - AHL at -46.15%
6th round - #173 - Jaden Lindo - OHL at -57.78%
6th round - #162 - Aaron Irving - WHL at -58.33%

RickyR

Dec 8, 2013
I'll play...

Ekblad
Bennett
Reinhart

Pastrnak
Ehlers
Nylander
Deangelo

Dal Colle
Draisaitl
Fiala

Fabbri
Larkin
Sanheim
Virtanen
Ritchie
Vrana

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I love how Draisaitl drops on just about every list and absurdly far on some lists yet Reinhart stays in the top 3 despite having a worse year in junior. Never change HF :laugh:
As usual, Draisaitl gets criminally underrated. Not sure why Dal Colle dropped on so many lists as well.

Nylander has a nice half season in the AHL and he jumps over just about everybody ahead of him. Ehlers too based on ?????

The only ones that make sense are Ekblad at 1 and Bennett jumping up. Otherwise, the top 10 should remain largely the same.
Pastrnak shouldn't all of a sudden jump in the top 5 based on one nice rookie season. More like top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad