2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 4

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2014/06/27/un-repechage-qui-laisse-tiede/

Matthias Brunet's mock for tonight. We end up with Lemieux on his list. On a separate note, if Fabbri is still on the board by the time we're up for our pick I want Bergevin to do the Ric Flair strut the entire way to the podium and do the whole take off the jacket and elbow drop it thing before calling his name :P
Thusly

ric-flair.gif

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sometimes reaching isn't a terrible thing. Would've preferred we reach for Merrill instead of trading up to get Tinordi. Magyar looks like a really solid player going forward, just as much as most guys around the later part of the 1st.

Well I had Merrill has a possibility in the 1st....but I know what you mean. AT one point, if a team would have "reached" in the 1st to get Shea Weber or Subban, they wouldn't be seen as a reach anymore.

Zephyr666

Apr 17, 2013
http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lnh/2014/06/27/un-repechage-qui-laisse-tiede/

Matthias Brunet's mock for tonight. We end up with Lemieux on his list. On a separate note, if Fabbri is still on the board by the time we're up for our pick I want Bergevin to do the Ric Flair strut the entire way to the podium and do the whole take off the jacket and elbow drop it thing before calling his name :P
Thusly

ric-flair.gif

Damn, I would have picken Fabbri on the 26th spot instead of Lemieux on Brunet's mock draft.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Well I had Merrill has a possibility in the 1st....but I know what you mean. AT one point, if a team would have "reached" in the 1st to get Shea Weber or Subban, they wouldn't be seen as a reach anymore.

Well I thought Merrill was a late first too. But he was seen as part of the top 45-50 of that group, which was all interchangeable at that point.

Magyar definitely isn't part of the late first convo at this point, that I'll agree with. Still seems like a very strong prospect that's on the cusp of exploding.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Sometimes reaching isn't a terrible thing. Would've preferred we reach for Merrill instead of trading up to get Tinordi. Magyar looks like a really solid player going forward, just as much as most guys around the later part of the 1st.

Huh? Why would you pick a guy ranked in the third round in the first round?

Why even bother making a draft list if you are going to "reach"? That's ridiculous. He's a poor skater..the only exploding he does is on the bedsheet.

Em Ancien

Sexy 2nd Rounder
Mar 12, 2008
Mount Real Life
Huh? Why would you pick a guy ranked in the third round in the first round?

Why even bother making a draft list if you are going to "reach"? That's ridiculous. He's a poor skater..the only exploding he does is on the bedsheet.

Every team's draft list is different. A reach would be in regards to a projected draft position.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Baring someone sliding inexplicably , I'd be real happy with one of the 2 Czech, Vrana or Pastrnak. I want an injection of pure offensive skills to the prospect pool . :nod:

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
The 3 possibles scenarios for tonight I see happening is:

We trade up to 15-18, targeting:
Dylan Larkin
Sonny Milano

We stay at 26 if one of the following falls to 26:
Jakub Vrana
David Pastrnak
Nikita Scherbak

We trade down for 2 seconds, targeting:
Dominik Masin
Vladislav Kamenev
Nikolas Aube Kubel

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Timmins is one of the best in the league, I've only seen highlights of those guys and the wjc, and watched chl games every blue moon. I'm confortable with whoever we pick.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Why not Brendan Lemieux at #26?

He can be a much bigger Brad Marchand (a pain in the *** to play against, and able to score goals).

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
looks like we're targeting Kempe and Larkin, basically the 2 most complete players of the draft

if anyone wants to listen to the interview (in french)

http://www.fm93.com/lecteur/audio/martin-mcguire-descripteur-du-canadiens-de-montre-229816.mp3

so, Habs and Jets have talked. Kane's and Bogosian's names have come out of the discussions. Trade would be for one of the 2. Unlikely to be both. Habs interested in drafting Kempe and Larkin. Could be interested in trading down.

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
we'd definitily have to move up for Larkin, Kempe too probably but he's much more likely to be available @ our pick (he's #28 on McKenzie's list)

Yeah I figured. I guess it depends on the price to pay. I'm personally high on Larkin so I'd be all for it. Him and Scherbak, in fact. I wouldn't move up for Kempe, but at 26 he'd be a solid pick.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Yeah I figured. I guess it depends on the price to pay. I'm personally high on Larkin so I'd be all for it. Him and Scherbak, in fact. I wouldn't move up for Kempe, but at 26 he'd be a solid pick.

i'd be ecstatic if we got either Kempe, Scherbak, Barbashev or Pastrnak. my tier 1 picks are Milano and Larkin (around the 15'ish range)

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00