2014 NHL Entry Draft Part 4

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
this is an extremely accurate NHL draft value chart, pretty sure it's the one Kekalainen was referring to in the 2013 draft

iYzCZA9.png

the teams that have multiple picks in the 2nd are:

St. Louis - #33 and #52 (these 2 picks come out to 429 pts, almost exact value for our 1st rounder)
Anaheim - #38 and #55
Buffalo - #31, #39 and #49
Nashville - #42 and #46
San Jose - #51 and #53
Calgary - #34 and #54
New York Islanders - #35 and #57 (our 2nd)
Arizona - #43 and #58

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
this is an extremely accurate NHL draft value chart, pretty sure it's the one Kekalainen was referring to in the 2013 draft

iYzCZA9.png

the teams that have multiple picks in the 2nd are:

St. Louis - #33 and #52 (these 2 picks come out to 429 pts, almost exact value for our 1st rounder)
Anaheim - #38 and #55
Buffalo - #31, #39 and #49
Nashville - #42 and #46
San Jose - #51 and #53
Calgary - #34 and #54
New York Islanders - #35 and #57 (our 2nd)
Arizona - #43 and #58

That's interesting, I wonder if GMs use something like that for real...

Damn we need at least a 2nd round pick :help:

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Tons of options for RW in this draft (RW is seriously lacking on our team right now)

Personally moving up for Tuch or Goldobin would be amazing but that probably won't happen.

Realistically at our spot

Bleackly C
Ho-Sang C
Vrana RW

Can all play RW.

If not Lemieux would be a great pick up as well.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Tons of options for RW in this draft (RW is seriously lacking on our team right now)

Personally moving up for Tuch or Goldobin would be amazing but that probably won't happen.

Realistically at our spot

Bleackly C
Ho-Sang C
Vrana RW

Can all play RW.

If not Lemieux would be a great pick up as well.

He will be available around us ... Id be happy with any of HoSang, Kempe, Scherbak, Vrana, Kamenev , sanhiem if we dont move up.

Analyzer*

He will be available around us ... Id be happy with any of HoSang, Kempe, Scherbak, Vrana, Kamenev , sanhiem if we dont move up.

Bleakley, as well.

Scherbak, Kempe, Sanheim, Bleackley would be my favourites.

I have this odd feeling we'll draft Hunter Smith.

Also, can someone tell me what the difference is between Kasperi Kapanen and Artturi Lehkonen ?

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Bleakley, as well.

Also, can someone tell me what the difference is between Kasperi Kapanen and Artturi Lehkonen ?

About 35 spots in the draft :sarcasm: . I'm also curious why Lehkonen was a late 2nd and Kapanen is a top 15 pick.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Bleakley, as well.

Im not too high on Bleakley he seems like a bottom 6 player

Analyzer*

Lehko got two concussions in his draft year iirc. Also this year's draft is supposedly weaker than last year's.

That much weaker ? Though, Lehkonen was a projected first rounder, so I guess Kapanen is only ranked 10ish spots higher.

Alexis Vanier - Early 3rd, or late 2nd ?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'd have to say I don't see much upside with Bleackley and I'd be very tentative picking Sanheim at #26.

Sanheim could be a very rewarding pick but I think there's a strong chance that this is just a very good season for him - playing in the right situation with the right line mates. From what I've seen (~3 games) his physical attributes are good but not outstanding and his IQ seems to be alright but not dominant. I have a hard time seeing his trajectory continue on what it's been this year. I think he's a BIG risk to take where we are but if he's chosen I'll just accept that Timmins and staff know (just a little) more than I do.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

This guy reminds me of toews...he's an excellent skater...sick hands and speed and 2 way player.....he's got character...you can just tell from his interviews that he's very mature...i'd like to move up for him...or trade something for a 1st round pick and get him and ho-sang/bleackley.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
That's interesting, I wonder if GMs use something like that for real...

Damn we need at least a 2nd round pick :help:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722857

In that video Kekalainen mentions that San Jose offered them their #18 (710pts) + #49 (159pts) + #81 (54pts) = 923 pts for their #13 (910pts) and that the value chart said it was a good deal by a hair. San Jose didn't realize that they didn't have a 3rd tho :laugh:.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Bleakley, as well.

i'll start praying to the hockey gods that we don't
that would be really really terrible

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This guy reminds me of toews...he's an excellent skater...sick hands and speed and 2 way player.....he's got character...you can just tell from his interviews that he's very mature...i'd like to move up for him...or trade something for a 1st round pick and get him and ho-sang/bleackley.

Don't know why, I will surely be wrong, but I'm expecting McCann to fall beyond 20. Never 2nd round.....shouldn't be but after 20. I would think that some scouts are afraid that his ceiling might come earlier than expected.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'd have to say I don't see much upside with Bleackley and I'd be very tentative picking Sanheim at #26.

Sanheim could be a very rewarding pick but I think there's a strong chance that this is just a very good season for him - playing in the right situation with the right line mates. From what I've seen (~3 games) his physical attributes are good but not outstanding and his IQ seems to be alright but not dominant. I have a hard time seeing his trajectory continue on what it's been this year. I think he's a BIG risk to take where we are but if he's chosen I'll just accept that Timmins and staff know (just a little) more than I do.

I think that for Bleackly, it's all about how offensive he'll be in higher leagues. That might be the concern. Could be a heck of a 3rd line centerman.....but if I pick him, it's because I think he's top 6. For Sanheim, I have NO problem picking him for 2 great reasons for me. Improvement and IQ. The kid improved as the year passed by and as the challenges becomes greater. That for me is a total yes in picking a guy.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
My bold prediction for this years draft:
Habs trade down for an early and late 2nd rounders and pick DeAngelo and Vanier with those 2 picks.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
My bold prediction for this years draft:
Habs trade down for an early and late 2nd rounders and pick DeAngelo and Vanier with those 2 picks.

i'd be hoping for a better haul than that

a few guys i'd target in the 2nd are: (from the one's that are very highly to be there)

Brendan Lemieux
Ryan Donato
Brett Pollock
Brayden Point
John Quenneville
Eric Cornel
Vladislav Kamenev
Joshua Jacobs
Jack Doughtery
Marcus Pettersson
Dominik Masin
Justin Kirkland