Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I mean, amazing save but he was uber aggressive on the original player that had the puck and if the skater who go the pass didnt lose control of the puck initially hes not getting over to even have the opportunity to make that save.

Well, that, and — let’s be honest — desperation saves are just guesses. They look good only when you guess correctly and we forgive, or at least forget, the times you don’t. The coach / manager in me likes goalies who make saves look easy a la Lundqvist (in his prime). The fan in me loves the desperation saves a la Hasek.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Well, that, and — let’s be honest — desperation saves are just guesses. They look good only when you guess correctly and we forgive, or at least forget, the times you don’t. The coach / manager in me likes goalies who make saves look easy a la Lundqvist (in his prime). The fan in me loves the desperation saves a la Hasek.

A good portion of Hasek's "desperation" saves were practiced consistently though, in his defense. I'm sure there were times when he was out of his comfort zone and just flailing, but he had a very particular moveset that you can see him repeat over and over again if you watch some of his highlight videos.

That said, I agree with your point entirely.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Nope don’t need too. This happens every time he’s in a big spot. He plays mediocre. 3 goals on 19 isn’t good enough and Alex Nunn tweeted the second one he’d want back.

This has been a nightmarish playoffs for him when he’s supposed to be ready to make the jump to the NHL

On the one hand, I too am concerned with his big game fall off and his inability to seize the job from a journeyman.

On the other using this particular game after not even watching and making the definitive statement u just did is really making you look bad. Dont be like HF poster Pavel Buchnevich

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
The funny thing is he's one of the smarter posters around here.

Based on what? There are maybe 5-7 guys here who I just roll my eyes at constantly for saying dumb things. Maybe hes smart but he says a looooooot of not smart things. Another followed zucc to dallas like a guppy chasing a pooping hippo. One other nevergetsagoodpost and another never watches the games he comments on.

Reactions: Miamipuck and romba

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Based on what? There are maybe 5-7 guys here who I just roll my eyes at constantly for saying dumb things. Maybe hes smart but he says a looooooot of not smart things. Another followed zucc to dallas like a guppy chasing a pooping hippo. One other nevergetsagoodpost and another never watches the games he comments on.
Like a guppy chasing a pooping hippo lol perfect!....that led me to pooping hippos on The Google and did you know that male hippos use their tail to fling their poop as it is coming out which apparently impresses the female hippos. High standards ladies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
On the one hand, I too am concerned with his big game fall off and his inability to seize the job from a journeyman.

On the other using this particular game after not even watching and making the definitive statement u just did is really making you look bad. Dont be like HF poster Pavel Buchnevich

you make it sound like we all don't rely on our European friends to give us incite on our prospects. if an Alex Nunn tells me he didn't face much work and let in one he wants back i'll take his word for it. however in your first comment you yourself say you are worried about his big game fall off and inability to seize a job from a journeyman. what makes you think my comments are based on one game and not the same concerns you stated? amazing lol.

Ps I like Pavel Buchnevich the poster!

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Does all this big game stuff stem from the WJC gold medal game where the team didn’t show up for the first period and he only got pulled to wake them up?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Does all this big game stuff stem from the WJC gold medal game where the team didn’t show up for the first period and he only got pulled to wake them up?
Yeah pretty much. Before this playoff season, where has has struggled at least statistically, he was 4-1 in 6 games with a .941 and 1.83. I mean there was no real body of work to evaluate, prior to the six games he has played this year and the WJC (where he was otherwise great).

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Some of it comes from the world championships as well when he got the chance and was a bit shaky.

But regardless you’d like to see him take and run with the starting job over a guy like Hellberg.

Anyway big 3-1 win for him today (and I didn’t even have to watch it to assume so)

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Some of it comes from the world championships as well when he got the chance and was a bit shaky.

But regardless you’d like to see him take and run with the starting job over a guy like Hellberg.

Anyway big 3-1 win for him today (and I didn’t even have to watch it to assume so)
I mean, he was the starter for the playoffs before he got suspended, and SKA’s whole thing is rotating 2 starting quality goaltenders during the regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad