Prospect Info: 2014 NHL Draft / Pick #118 - Igor Shestyorkin (G) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Saved by the bell at the end, of maybe a penalty call right at the end.

Shesty is displaying a perfect technique as usual, but he must play a little deeper in the NHL, can’t end up out of the net here. So much of the play are in close.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
1-0 for CSKA.

It’s not a bad goal for Shestyorkin, a rebound that landed directly on the stick on someone at the far post. But Shesty was too far out of the crease again.

He needs to learn to be comfortable playing much deeper in the net. You can see why Hellberg has been the top choice over Shesty.

But the talent is certainly there.

Reactions: romba and Ori

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Shots 20-13 after the 2nd in favor of CSKA. Sad that the big scary powerhouse offense that SKA had during the season has all but dried up in the playoffs.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Shots 20-13 after the 2nd in favor of CSKA. Sad that the big scary powerhouse offense that SKA had during the season has all but dried up in the playoffs.

They are playing the best team in the league. Not really a surprise their offense isn't firing on all cylinders against the no 1 team

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
1-0 for CSKA.

It’s not a bad goal for Shestyorkin, a rebound that landed directly on the stick on someone at the far post. But Shesty was too far out of the crease again.

He needs to learn to be comfortable playing much deeper in the net. You can see why Hellberg has been the top choice over Shesty.

But the talent is certainly there.
I just watched the goal and your description is off. Shest kicked out a hard rebound and the CSKA player got a stick on it and tried to shoot it back at the net but it went off the defensemens skate and right to an open CSKA player on the opposite side of the net who had a wide open net, absolutely no chance for him, just an unlucky bounce.

2nd goal was a complete clown show by the defense unable to get a loose put and it went right to a CSKA who scored (that one he'd probably like to have back but its hard to tell since the reply on their website didn't show a good angle)

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Shesty is really, really aggressive in nets!
Is always in front of the blue paint/circle when facing shooters!

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Shesty played solid.
First goal def not his fault, the second maybe, 50/50, shot from close ,didn't swallow it, it "leaked" in

Reactions: Ola

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m sure allaire will rein him in a bit as he’s done with Georgiev. I still see both of them as very very similar players. Georgiev to me is just more polished at this point getting to spend the time here under allaire where Shesterkin is probably more talented/quicker and needs the work but I’d be surprised if he’s better than Georgiev right off the bat. I think he’s going to need some time

Reactions: kovazub94

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
After that.

Having Virta, Rykov, Kravtsov and Shestyorkin coming over in 1 off-season is crazy. 4 players who potentially all could make the jump to the NHL immediately. What an injection of talent that would be. Virta on the 4th line to replace whichever goon they are eyeing in FA, Rykov on the 3rd pair, Kravtsov as a middle-6 winger and Shestyorkin potentially alternating with Lundqvist to backup Georgiev

Reactions: TheTakedown

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Having Virta, Rykov, Kravtsov and Shestyorkin coming over in 1 off-season is crazy. 4 players who potentially all could make the jump to the NHL immediately. What an injection of talent that would be. Virta on the 4th line to replace whichever goon they are eyeing in FA, Rykov on the 3rd pair, Kravtsov as a middle-6 winger and Shestyorkin potentially alternating with Lundqvist to backup Georgiev

I'm hoping they sign Reunanen to an ELC while being very open to loaning him back to Lukko after training camp as well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The issue for Rykov is the logjam on the left side.

Hajek is going to get first dibs on that #2-3 spot. Skjei is here to stay for the time being and Staal is bulletproof.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The issue for Rykov is the logjam on the left side.

Hajek is going to get first dibs on that #2-3 spot. Skjei is here to stay for the time being and Staal is bulletproof.

ELC with EAC, have him compete. If he beats out guys like Hajek, he deserves to be on the team. If not, he can opt to go back to SKA for a season while still under contract.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Igor’s KHL career comes to an end, come on over!!!

@Amazing Kreiderman can he sign immediately or does he have to wait till April 30th like kravstov?

Unless SKA releases him (unlikely due to the potential lockout) he has to wait until April 30th.

I expect him to play in the Euro Challenge (Paris), Carlson games (Brno) and the World Championships (Bratislava) before he comes over to NA. The contract may be signed on May 1st, but it could be late May or early June.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Unless SKA releases him (unlikely due to the potential lockout) he has to wait until April 30th.

I expect him to play in the Euro Challenge (Paris), Carlson games (Brno) and the World Championships (Bratislava) before he comes over to NA. The contract may be signed on May 1st, but it could be late May or early June.
Thanks bud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad