Not open for further replies.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

Well the article didn't exactly say that they're sitting Rykov because he's coming over to the NHL next season. They simply said that he was making mistakes which dropped him on the depth chart.

With that said, though, it's certainly implied that they're sitting him because he's coming over next season.... :shakehead

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've said a few times this year that it was definitely possible that SKA was not totally happy with Rykov's game and that's why he wasn't playing, IN ADDITION to the contract status and his imminent departure. This article seems to lend credence to that idea. I mean the guy averaged 12:30 past year so it's not like he was a staple in the top four getting big minutes.

SKA, as the article states, is pretty stacked defensively. Rykov definitely should be playing somewhere, though it sounds like he needs to tighten up his game as well.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
DnsxhksWwAEDNkE.jpg:large

Reactions: Ori

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Might as well scrap all of those stats. Bitter Steve Valiquette had a bad time in the KHL, and will set everyone straight that his play is all a fluke.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I know that the KHL is a development league and therefore has no motivation to develop players they think will come to NA, but doesn't that work both ways? Perhaps more players would stay if they were treated well.

Not that I want Rykov or Shesterkin or Kravtsov to stay over there... but it seems like short-sighted logic.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Isn't it the job of the coaches to play your best players? Are they really sitting him because he'll play in the NHL next season? So SKA's coach is basically (possibly) throwing games out of petty spite? I understand with Rykov who won't move any needles, but Shestyorkin?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Isn't it the job of the coaches to play your best players? Are they really sitting him because he'll play in the NHL next season? So SKA's coach is basically (possibly) throwing games out of petty spite? I understand with Rykov who won't move any needles, but Shestyorkin?

Hellberg is performing as well. It's not as if they have a shit backup goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad