OT: 2014 NFL/NCAA Football Discussion Thread: Everything is Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Geno placed blame on the media for blowing up the Jets struggles. I really wanted to like this guy, I really wanted him to and believed he could develop in to a franchise qb. This pointing of the finger at everyone but himself shows that he cannot handle the pressures being a qb in NY encompasses as well as being mentally softer than baby ****. **** man pull your head out of your ass and take some responsibility for the fact that your team is 1-5 and you have been downright awful since week 3.

The man is a pretender, I remember before the season when he stated he planned on being a top 5 qb. I was excited, if he was willing say this about himself, especially after the better than decent end to last season, he was ready to take the step necessary to turn those brilliant flashes into a consistent effort.

Unfortunately he is more pretentious than anything else thus he will never live up to what he is capable of. It sucks; a guy who can run like the wind but prefers to stay in the pocket to use his arm and only ditches when he needs to, a guy who can drop a dime between 2 defenders into his receivers arm (albeit seldomly), a guy who came in his rookie and steadily got better as the season progressed leading his team from awful to middling.

I just don't know about this dude ever being a consistent threat in this league, he just doesn't have the awareness to use his skill to his advantage

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah at least with Sanchez, he always (from what I recall) said and did the right thing. He may have sucked on the field the final two years, but he was accountable, didn't spread the blame, etc.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Yeah at least with Sanchez, he always (from what I recall) said and did the right thing. He may have sucked on the field the final two years, but he was accountable, didn't spread the blame, etc.

Geno is just a dumb person overall. Things are spiraling out of control with him.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
Geno is just a dumb person overall. Things are spiraling out of control with him.

Yeah Geno is certainly not the sharpest tool in the box, as a matter of fact there is no box to be found for Geno. The Jets quaterback woes will continue ad nauseam, it is their destiny.

Testaverde - 2 great seaons, inability to stay healthy

Pennington - Despite the lack of arm strength he was always extremely accurate. Again injuries derailed his promising career.

Clemons - perpetual backup

Favre - Below average, twilight of his career, tried to screw a cheerleader (before giving GB one last FU with Minny)

Sanchez - The man made out of potential. 2 AFCC games seemingly in spite of him. Often terrible, seldom remarkable, famous for the buttfumble

Geno - All tools, no toolbox. Lacks awareness, lacks consistency, lacks brain cells

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
DRC questionable for Sunday vs Dallas..

Yes, more good news for the Giants.. **** me with these injuries.

Cruz/Thurmond/JJ/Mcbride for the season, OBJ for the first 5 games, Schwartz on IR until week 9, Jennings out until after the Bye, and now DRC might miss some time. I mean come on

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Yeah Geno is certainly not the sharpest tool in the box, as a matter of fact there is no box to be found for Geno. The Jets quaterback woes will continue ad nauseam, it is their destiny.

Testaverde - 2 great seaons, inability to stay healthy

Pennington - Despite the lack of arm strength he was always extremely accurate. Again injuries derailed his promising career.

Clemons - perpetual backup

Favre - Below average, twilight of his career, tried to screw a cheerleader (before giving GB one last FU with Minny)

Sanchez - The man made out of potential. 2 AFCC games seemingly in spite of him. Often terrible, seldom remarkable, famous for the buttfumble

Geno - All tools, no toolbox. Lacks awareness, lacks consistency, lacks brain cells

To be fair, Favre was pretty great during the first 10 games that season. I think he was playing hurt after that and the team completely fell apart as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad