OT: 2014 NFL/NCAA Football Discussion Thread: Everything is Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

And mediocrity reins.

Just throwing it out there, but most teams start the season off with glaring need for improvement.

Chances are that you're right about the Jets. Considering that they're a perennial disappointment to fans and somehow manage to break our hearts even under the most promising premises... but until proven otherwise, i take what i saw yesterday as a big positive step in the right direction.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
who is talking about hindsight? MANY MANY Giant fans were against the Beckham pick, well before his injuries. They wanted an offensive lineman.

30theking

Mar 31, 2012
giants have a lot of problems and i don't see it getting better any time soon. just an abysmal team.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
who is talking about hindsight? MANY MANY Giant fans were against the Beckham pick, well before his injuries. They wanted an offensive lineman.

Yea. And they got one in the second round.

Unless your argument is that the giants don't need any help at receiver. In which case I will laugh at you

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Yea. And they got one in the second round.

Unless your argument is that the giants don't need any help at receiver. In which case I will laugh at you

I think we needed OL but I don't hate the Beckham pick, he's got all kinds of potential and talent, I'm just saying people who are talking about Beckham being a bad pick is not in hindsight.

He just better be all that they think he is, because they have bombed so much recently with draft picks.

Last edited:

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
We need a new quarterback. I'm a huge Eli fan, but this system isn't right for him. You have to be somewhat mobile for this system.

Time will tell, I expect the offense to improve slightly by the end of the year. But, the Giants just aren't that good.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I think we needed OL but I don't hate the Beckham pick, he's got all kinds of potential and talent, I'm just saying people who are talking about Beckham being a bad pick is not in hindsight.

He just better be all that they think he is, because they have bombed so much recently with 1st rounders.

What first rounders bombed? David Wilson who got a major spinal injury that they had no way of knowing?

Pugh who has started every game so far in his career?

Prince who is becoming a very good starting CB?

JPP who is a two time probowler?

Nicks who is up there among the best receivers the giants have ever had?

Yea, a lot of crap there

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
It also hurts to see Cooks and Benjamin looking like studs in week 1.

Eh. If the giants drafted either of them then that guy would be the one injured instead. That's just how it goes.

Most injured team in the league over the past 5 years and by far the most injured draft classes

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The Giants are the Yankees of football, can't stay healthy to save their lives. sign a good OL? lose him for 8 weeks.. draft a potential impact WR? lose him for however long.. draft a RB with potential in Wilson? lose him for his career.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just throwing it out there, but most teams start the season off with glaring need for improvement.

Chances are that you're right about the Jets. Considering that they're a perennial disappointment to fans and somehow manage to break our hearts even under the most promising premises... but until proven otherwise, i take what i saw yesterday as a big positive step in the right direction.

And you could be right. I'm just a pessimist now. :laugh:

BarbaraAlphanse

And you could be right. I'm just a pessimist now. :laugh:

Never witnessing a championship during the course of a lifetime will certainly turn every one of us Jets fans into a pessimist sooner or later. For me, that moment comes around week 3. I'll meet you at that level in 2 weeks.

:cheers:

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
The Giants are the Yankees of football, can't stay healthy to save their lives. sign a good OL? lose him for 8 weeks.. draft a potential impact WR? lose him for however long.. draft a RB with potential in Wilson? lose him for his career.

Yep. And there's no real reason for it either. They aren't drafting guys with terrible injury histories or anything else

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I know the defense looked bad tonight, but I don't think it's going to be a problem this year, I chalk tonight up to Calvin Johnson, he makes almost any D look bad.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Lets say we start 0-6 again, do they sit Eli and go to Nassib?.. not saying he could or couldn't do any better, just putting things into perspective, Eli only has next year left.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Lets say we start 0-6 again, do they sit Eli and go to Nassib?.. not saying he could or couldn't do any better, just putting things into perspective, Eli only has next year left.

If he's throwing multiple picks per game and the team is losing, I'm not sure he makes it six weeks.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I know the defense looked bad tonight, but I don't think it's going to be a problem this year, I chalk tonight up to Calvin Johnson, he makes almost any D look bad.

It was just miscommunication. Something that didn't happen at all last season after week 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad