OT: 2014 NFL/NCAA Football Discussion Thread: Everything is Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Bob Richards*

Cruz went down and was clutching his right knee before commercial break.

*Bob Richards*

Cruz literally being carried to the cart to be taken off. ****.

Looks like he's in tears. :(

30theking

Mar 31, 2012
torn patella tendon. sounds like out for the year. this year is shot. on to next year. such an upsetting game.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I was really looking forward to tonight. I should have know better. :help:

Yup!!! Couldn't have turned out any worse!!! Thank goodness Nash missed third period for birth of his child and not another serious injury.
Wish Cruz speedy recovery . Those knee injuries suck in nfl

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
hey did you see that ******* philly radio host making fun of the cruz injury?

The line got exposed badly today. I am not shocked about the defense. They did about what I expected. I was shocked at how Philly dared the Giants to burn them and the Giants could not protect Eli. They better plug those holes fast or we are dead again.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
How did they diagnos Cruz's PCL tear so quick? Is that something that can be visually seen without an X-Ray or MRI or whatever they use?

Ugh.

Hopefully he's full-speed ahead come week one next season. His first salsa after coming back will be epic :nod:

Get well quick, Cruz

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Exactly this. That is the most detestable, **** hole, loser city in the country.

Their fans are ridiculous. They beat the Giants and always think they won something. They did the same thing after Deshawn Jackson/Matt Dodge debacle.

One of my favorite Eagle teams is the famous "Dream Team". Epic Fail.:laugh:
The real "Dream Team" that year was the one who actually won the SB.

5966624.jpg

:nod:

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
How did they diagnos Cruz's PCL tear so quick? Is that something that can be visually seen without an X-Ray or MRI or whatever they use?

Ugh.

Hopefully he's full-speed ahead come week one next season. His first salsa after coming back will be epic :nod:

Get well quick, Cruz

I agree, but it's a worrying injury for a player whose game is based almost completely around his speed. He's a good route runner, but if this injury does anything to reduce his speed, he will be much less effective.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Ugh.

Get well quick, Cruz

My wife has dislocated her patella, which is when the kneecap essentially slides off to one side of the knee. The patella tendon is under a great amount of tension, which helps keep it in place on the knee. If the patella tendon tears, the kneecap, I'm assuming, would slide up or down from it's normal location, depending if the tear is above or below the knee. That would be extremely easy to see with the naked eye. As Cruz was getting carted off the field, you could see the trainer literally holding his kneecap in place with his hand just above the kneecap, so I'm assuming the tear the was just below the knee, and that the kneecap slid up. I can't even imagine the agony he was in. My wife was in a world of pain just from dislocating it.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
hey did you see that ******* philly radio host making fun of the cruz injury?

The line got exposed badly today. I am not shocked about the defense. They did about what I expected. I was shocked at how Philly dared the Giants to burn them and the Giants could not protect Eli. They better plug those holes fast or we are dead again.

I would expect nothing else from Philly fans. Every fan base has their fare share of idiots, but Philly as a whole easily has the worst fans in all of sports.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
The sad thing is for the Jets is that their schedule is an absolute joke after the NE game. We'll probably win 7 games or so to **** up our draft position just enough.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The sad thing is for the Jets is that their schedule is an absolute joke after the NE game. We'll probably win 7 games or so to **** up our draft position just enough.

Was thinking the same, but those same teams see the Jets on the schedule, and look at that as a very winnable game. After they lose this week, think they split the four games with Miami and Buffalo, split the Vikes/Titans road trip, and I think that's it. I know the Steelers are not great, but feels like the Jets lose to them every year.

I'm going 4-12, maybe 5-11.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, and another thing is that by all accounts, the players still love Rex and don't appear likely to quit on him any time soon. I said it a couple weeks back--the team can't even lose properly. We'll find a way to finish 6-10 or 7-9, blowing our draft position and at the same time giving us sad-sack fans reason to be optimistic for next season. :laugh:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Seems Idzik had about as bad an off-season as a GM could have. I'm shocked beyond belief that he isn't using this years extra cap space as a money pad for Wilks next contract so that later years won't be as bad. Bungled Rodgers-Crom, signed AWOL Patterson, watched guys like Steve Smith get signed for nearly nothing at spots they desperately needed to cover, had no LG, had a meh at best Colon and whiffed on 10 of 12 picks!?

Wow...Oh yea and signed Vick to be a mentor and leader (Which I've made known how I feel about that signing. Made me avoid the Jets games entirely this year.). Not enough facepalms in the world and I couldn't be happier to hear about them falling to pieces. Hope every member of the FO gets canned and Woody loses ownership. Notice how I'm NOT wishing death on anyone? Because that'd be ridiculous. Yet I suspect plenty of folks will act as if I am doing that. I just don't want this group of bungling, morally suspect fools to be in charge of the franchise I've been so accustomed to cheering all these years.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Seems Idzik had about as bad an off-season as a GM could have. I'm shocked beyond belief that he isn't using this years extra cap space as a money pad for Wilks next contract so that later years won't be as bad. Bungled Rodgers-Crom, signed AWOL Patterson, watched guys like Steve Smith get signed for nearly nothing at spots they desperately needed to cover, had no LG, had a meh at best Colon and whiffed on 10 of 12 picks!?

Wow...Oh yea and signed Vick to be a mentor and leader (Which I've made known how I feel about that signing. Made me avoid the Jets games entirely this year.). Not enough facepalms in the world and I couldn't be happier to hear about them falling to pieces. Hope every member of the FO gets canned and Woody loses ownership. Notice how I'm NOT wishing death on anyone? Because that'd be ridiculous. Yet I suspect plenty of folks will act as if I am doing that. I just don't want this group of bungling, morally suspect fools to be in charge of the franchise I've been so accustomed to cheering all these years.

I don't think I've ever been one of those "fire everyone" types. I can usually find some worth in the organization's front office or coaching staff. At this point, though, I agree that the Jets should just clean house entirely. We don't need to do a complete rebuild--there's some good talent at important positions--but the folks in charge are all incompetent to varying degrees. Time to blow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad