OT: 2014 NFL/NCAA Football Discussion Thread: Everything is Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
I had a decent amount of money at the Jets +10.

How I hate the Jets. So so much. I was praying they'd call that a safety to end the game.

BarbaraAlphanse

If the Jets can just sign Bryant and draft BPA with a top 5 pick. I'd cry tears of joy.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Amaro seems to be getting better every week, 1 drop today, but a good game, the more he plays over Cumberland the better.

BarbaraAlphanse

I agree it needs to be BPA, but we need to pray to the football gods that the BPA is a QB.

How is this draft with sure-fire QB's? I don't like Winston. Don't know if I like Mariota yet. Any sleepers?

I'd more-rather trade a pick for Cousins and draft the best offensive player in Rd. 1 (non-QB)... but that is just me.

BarbaraAlphanse

Amaro seems to be getting better every week, 1 drop today, but a good game, the more he plays over Cumberland the better.

I REALLY liked the Amaro pick.

Would have been a great day for me if we had gotten Evans or Cooks in the 1st to go along w/ that.

StepansLabyrinth

Rational Police
Jul 2, 2009
Hope that one of Demaryius Thomas or Dez Bryant go to FA. Splurge.

Improve OLine.

I'd be a little wary of how much Thomas is going to cost. Every Denver WR has the benefit of playing with Peyton so their production ends up a little inflated. I think it's only really worth it to spend huge money on a certified top 5 WR. Dez is that and Thomas might be... but if he falls off a little bit, he won't be worth the $$$.

Now, with that said, that's all relative to contract amount. Thomas is still young and is pretty much a lock to be a 1000 yard WR that's a huge redzone threat. I just think WR is a pretty expendable position and you can always get really good WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'd be a little wary of how much Thomas is going to cost. Every Denver WR has the benefit of playing with Peyton so their production ends up a little inflated. I think it's only really worth it to spend huge money on a certified top 5 WR. Dez is that and Thomas might be... but if he falls off a little bit, he won't be worth the $$$.

Now, with that said, that's all relative to contract amount. Thomas is still young and is pretty much a lock to be a 1000 yard WR that's a huge redzone threat. I just think WR is a pretty expendable position and you can always get really good WRs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the draft.

DT was doing fine with Tebow throwing him the ball.

And people said the same thing about Pierre Garcon in Indy, yet, he's doing just fine in Washington.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
I think Rex is playing for his job on Thursday. He better pray this team can somehow beat the Patriots in Foxboro. I know it's been a tough schedule but you have to think the front office figured we'd get more than 1 win by now.

BarbaraAlphanse

I just don't know where to even begin fixing the offense.

Idzik is trying to emulate his superiors from the Buccs and Seahawks. That train of thought takes value QB's in 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Do you give up on Geno? I really wouldn't begin calling him the same level of stupid that Sanchez was. Most of his interceptions happen because he's trying to do too much - not enough talent on the offense will make any QB do that.

If you don't then the plan is simple - you splurge on everything around him. A true #1 receiver (Bryant or Thomas hopefully), Decker #2, Kerley #3, Amaro TE #1.

Johnson isn't cutting it as a RB. He'll likely be cut at the end of this season. Is there some really dynamic RB this draft like an Adrian Peterson?

What about a dynamic O-Lineman?

You can focus on the help if you decide Geno can improve and do it fast. If you decide he can't... then identifying a franchise QB who can step in like Kaep or Wilson will be HARD to do.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
I really wonder what Kirk Cousins value would be. I think he's pretty talented, needs to improve his decision making and still throwing too many INT's but only 12 career games, I could live with those growing pains when he's throwing over 300 yards a game and a couple TD's. Not sure if Washington could live with that, after how good RG3 was at first. Although rookie RG3 is such a different player to the RG3 now... Jets need to improve the offense line, get some more weapons. Get rid of Idzik while we are at it, he's terrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad