GDT: 2014 Free Agent Frenzy (July 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Just target the right vets, overpay them and give them term (3-5 years) if you have to. Tell them their job is basically show these kids how to be a professional.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Also that, at least in my opinion, Reinhart is as likely to start at wing as he is center. He's the kind of guy who will have no problem taking the NHL adjustments that he first made at wing and translating them back to center, in the event that's what happens.

Very true

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I absolutely love the idea of Reinhart breaking in to the NHL with Boyle as his linemate...

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Tim Murray said they got a top 6 center out of the draft, so if Samson has a strong camp, I do not see how he does not make the team for at least the first 9 games.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't want him to adapt a losing feeling or culture. That's all I worry about

I don't think losing matters to development. I'd only worry about a toxic environment where everyone is miserable, there's no camaraderie, etc. That, as best we can know, didn't exist under the Nolan portion of last season. It's not something I anticipate happening this year, so my only concerns with Reinhart are if he's ready and if they have a good plan to support him on the ice.

Bps21*

I don't think losing matters to development. I'd only worry about a toxic environment where everyone is miserable, there's no camaraderie, etc. That, as best we can know, didn't exist under the Nolan portion of last season. It's not something I anticipate happening this year, so my only concerns with Reinhart are if he's ready and if they have a good plan to support him on the ice.

That's a bingo.

Watching pros go through the motions because it's a tough spot...that's a negative. Competing and failing for a year and a half...that's not the same thing as long as you keep competing.

Should we be worried about Girgensons? Because you know we shouldn't be.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Ditto that.....and as long as the term isn't ridiculous, I'd slap the C right on Boyle.

I wouldn't. We have a young player on this team who is gonna be the long-term captain, we just don't know who it is yet. It'd be awkward taking it away from Boyle in a year or two. I'd rather they just not have a captain for the season.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I wouldn't. We have a young player on this team who is gonna be the long-term captain, we just don't know who it is yet. It'd be awkward taking it away from Boyle in a year or two. I'd rather they just not have a captain for the season.

These are the most important years of having a good leader though. And he might only be on the team for 3-4 years.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If hes that mentally weak then hes not an important piece anyways.

It's not about his mentality.

As an 18 year old kid he's not going to come in here and start say "Hey guys, this locker room is no good, lets change it up".

He's going to keep his head down and try to deal with playing with 16 year olds top playing with 29 year old. He's not going to know what to do with the millions suddenly in his bank account, what to do with his free time, how much time to spend in the weight room, etc.

Put him on a team where nobody gives a **** and players are just here for their paycheck? It really matters. We need a team that can show him how much work you have to put in at the NHL Level, how to handle yourself, how to take care of yourself. There's a ton more to being a NHLer than showing up to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad