Komarov - Ott - Hartikainen

Phaneuf - Polak
Rielly - Robidas
Granberg - Gardiner

CaymanIslands

Apr 12, 2014
Cayman Islands
Love lineup but the 13th forward has to be a big enforcer who can play

That 4th line will infuriate other teams who will look to have physical confrontations galore just like when Komarov played 2 years ago

Strongly suggest Devane

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Vrbata
Frattin - Holland - Clarkson

Phaneuf - Polak
Rielly - Robidas
Granberg - Gardiner

Frattin is a RW and Komerov will be on the 3rd at worst

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Frattin
Komerov - Holland - Clarkson

likely starting 9, save trades/signings ...and yea, that's pretty high for Frattin, but, he may get the first chance there or flip/flop with Clarkson

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Love lineup but the 13th forward has to be a big enforcer who can play

That 4th line will infuriate other teams who will look to have physical confrontations galore just like when Komarov played 2 years ago

Strongly suggest Devane

I like Devane ...he can actually play, and Broll isnt too bad either.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Ott will probably get closer to 4M if not a tad higher. He's not taking a paycut and he was paid just a little over 3M last time.

I'm on the fence with Ott. I can see both sides of the coin that I'm torn if I would want to sign him. I'd almost rather give the spot to Holland for him to gain experience...but Holland can be moved on the wing too, so perhaps something can be worked out.

Ott is excellent on faceoffs and hits a ton. Would be a great player to get on a 3year deal but I am certain he would want well over $4m a year. He is probably one of those centers Nonis was suggesting wanted unrealistic money in the presser. As bad as his last season was, the two before were pretty good. 13-14 was like a grenade that affected the entire Sabres club. I think he will bounce back but with the money Bolland got he is going to be expensive.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Vrbata
Frattin - Holland - Clarkson

Phaneuf - Polak
Rielly - Robidas
Granberg - Gardiner

1. Phaneuf is RHD

2. Polak is a 4/5 not a top pairing D.

3. Ott as a 4th line C will kill us in terms of cap.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ott is excellent on faceoffs and hits a ton. Would be a great player to get on a 3year deal but I am certain he would want well over $4m a year. He is probably one of those centers Nonis was suggesting wanted unrealistic money in the presser. As bad as his last season was, the two before were pretty good. 13-14 was like a grenade that affected the entire Sabres club. I think he will bounce back but with the money Bolland got he is going to be expensive.

True .. The longer he sits on the market though, the more his value drops although I don't think it would be wise for Nonis to try and play that game with other options out there

I just hope we see some moves today :P

member 147413

Ott is getting less then you'd expect... He was useless in St. Louis and teams noticed that. Still wouldn't mind taking him on a 2-3 year term...

Ott at 2.5mil x 2 or 3

I also like Devane for the 4th line this year. I see/hope Lupes is gone and we acquire another Top 6RWer or LWer and try Ashton throughout the lineup. Balanced scoring and 4 lines is what I suggest...

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Komarov - Kadri - trade
Ashton - Holland - Clarkson
Devane - Ott - Frattin
Orr

1st line - Chemistry is there, obviously we'd prefer to have a stronger Center
2nd line - Komarov opens the ice up for Kadri and hopefully the winger is someone capable of burying the puck (Kadri needs to take a big step in face offs and defensive zone effort, his IQ is there, but the motivation is not)
3rd line - Ashton and Holland have some chemistry from the AHL, this is a line that can bang bodies and if goes well Ashton and Clarkson can bury some from the front of the net. Energy line. (Holland also needs to improve on draws and effort)
4th line - Physical, mean, intimidating with offensive potential, a fourth line you're comfortable icing in the every period in many situations.

PP1 - JVR - Bozak - Kessel - Rielly - Gards/Phaneuf
PP2 - Trade - Kadri - Clarkson - Gards/Phaneuf - Robidas

PK1 - Ott - Komarov - Phaneuf - Robidas
PK2 - Bozak - Ashton - Depthd/Gards - Polak

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
1. Phaneuf is RHD

I like Ott ...anyone think a 4x4 deal would be too much for him? (it prob is, bu as a UFA, he may even get more)

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
I forgot we had Fiddler lol - please no

@jonasTSN1050: Dave Nonis said Leafs will continue to search for 3rd/4th line centre, adding "Peter Holland’s going to be given a pretty good opportunity". 1hr

Last edited:

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
seriously can they get a C that can win a faceoff!

Moving Kadri and/or Holland to the wing

Good teams control the puck, it all starts with winning more faceoffs then you lose

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I have a feeling Lupul gets dealt and Kadri gets moved to the wing, to let Holland move up a spot

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Kadri - Holland - Frattin
Komarov - Ott - Clarkson
Ashton - Carrick- Hartikainen

...we may not be as good, but, be darn hard to play against

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
1. Phaneuf is RHD

Phaneuf is actually a LHD who plays on the right side because he can blast a one timer. Nonis said they are likely going to move him to the left side because we have so many RHD now. Also Rielly plays on the right side. I think the D pairings go as such:

Phaneuf - Rielly
Gardiner - Robidas
Trade/UFA - Polak
Granberg

Depending on who that LD is I think our defense will be much better. So much more mobile. Yeah young player has a steady partner. I think Phaneuf will do good with Rielly because he can go back to being that physical dman and leave all the pinching and rushing with the puck to Rielly.

CaymanIslands

Apr 12, 2014
Cayman Islands
Point is Devane can play and is good on PK but if required can battle and fight very well

To assume in the regular season no fighting is a joke..Given the agitators we have you can bet teams will be pissed off...you actually want our star players taken runs at???

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
lol Mirtle must be lurking this thread

James Mirtle @mirtle 0s
No, Steve Ott isn't the answer for the Leafs

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I'd love to get Vernon Fiddler for our 4th line:

Assets: Plays with hockey smarts, can get under opponents' skin, displays solid defensive instincts and sound face-off skills. Is an excellent role player.

Flaws: Lacks offensive acumen to be a constant threat. Sticks his nose in everyone's business but isn't big enough to play an overly physical game.

Career Potential: Agitating defensive center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad