The cover of the Toronto Sun tomorrow.... what crap

Brgk56SIMAI8klH.jpg

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
The cover of the Toronto Sun tomorrow.... what crap

Brgk56SIMAI8klH.jpg

oh for God sakes.
let's ignore that we sign Robidas (who was being courted by many teams, according to TSN), and Komarov (who also was being wooed by everyone) Josh freaking Gorges doesn't want to play for Toronto and Bolland after seeing how the Media and fans ROASTED Clarkson for the deal that he (Bolland) was about to sign decided not to stay....

but if the Leafs signed bolland it would be "Leafs make ultimate mistake."

piss off, Sun.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Go ahead Sun. Feed the idiots that call themselves Leaf fans who cry we sign Clarksons and Bollands because they're good Canadian kids and then ***** and cry when they either suck or when Nonis doesn't overpay for them. I really hate leaf fans.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Philly can give us Giroux if they want. No one else on that team I want at all.

Chicago, I guess I could find a player or two I would take if I look hard enough

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Philly can give us Giroux if they want. No one else on that team I want at all.

Chicago, I guess I could find a player or two I would take if I look hard enough

we can start with Keith. it's the least we can do.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Wonder of Florida is interested in Franson for Kulikov. Both are RFAs and their status' in bad shape with their respective teams. Could see Tallon being interested in a guy like Franson.

Would much prefer a 2nd, though. That'd be a welcome change.

Also, hell no to Gibbons or Santorelli. For a guy who rips every move made by the leafs I expected something better than that. Two players that mediocre teams target in false hopes of some coming of the age miracle that they become useful NHLers.

Fiddler I like.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Can't they just put Pronger on Long Term Injury Reserve ? And if anything, they would want to dump Vinny Lecavier

i don't think he can go on there until training camp (ie: in theory he 'could' be better, and 'could' report to camp. so until camp and physicals etc, he's 'active' until you know, camp starts and back he goes on LTIR)

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Any word on McClement? I know he had a bad season but he was great and with less minutes I feel he can rebound. He still is the ideal 4th line center IMO.

Winnik for cheap would be great as well.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Also, hell no to Gibbons or Santorelli. For a guy who rips every move made by the leafs I expected something better than that. Two players that mediocre teams target in false hopes of some coming of the age miracle that they become useful NHLers.

... what? They're completely different players. Santorelli is a journeyman depth center. Fine, whatever if you hate him for some reason. If he wants a big payday then forget it, but as a cheap depth signing he should be OK.

Gibbons is a former college UFA who has only ever been with the Penguins org so I have no idea what you mean by mediocre teams targeting him. I don't remember him ever being an overhyped free wallet. I even looked up HF's college FA article from 2011 when he was first signed and he wasn't even mentioned. Are you.confusing him with someone else entirely?

Also have you seen the available UFA RWs? Stempniak? No thanks, had enough of him the first time. Setoguchi? He has a few good skills but hasn't put much of anything together since playing with Thornton (surprise). Who else is available? Hell Gibbons could probably be had for 1m per and sent down at no risk if he sucks.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
... what? They're completely different players. Santorelli is a journeyman depth center. Fine, whatever if you hate him for some reason. If he wants a big payday then forget it, but as a cheap depth signing he should be OK.

Gibbons is a former college UFA who has only ever been with the Penguins org so I have no idea what you mean by mediocre teams targeting him. I don't remember him ever being an overhyped free wallet. I even looked up HF's college FA article from 2011 when he was first signed and he wasn't even mentioned. Are you.confusing him with someone else entirely?

Also have you seen the available UFA RWs? Stempniak? No thanks, had enough of him the first time. Setoguchi? He has a few good skills but hasn't put much of anything together since playing with Thornton (surprise). Who else is available? Hell Gibbons could probably be had for 1m per and sent down at no risk if he sucks.

Hand a long response to this that was wiped out and I don't feel like rewriting it on this damn iPad.

Short version is:
I meant mediocre teams target those kind of players because of some skill that appears to be there but truly, those players can only succeed in positions that are taken up by exponentially better players on actual good hockey teams. My actual post had it worded so much better....

Only RW I'm mildly interested in is Vrbata on a short deal but even that I'm meh on. More hoping they look to fill the spot internally.

As far as UFAs go, only interested in veteran guys who can help on and off the ice. See Legwand and Winnik.

Otherwise, I'm actually vaguely interested to see where two guys land: Downie and Roy. Idk what happened with Downie but he's a headcase. Maybe if interest is low enough he'll figure his **** out and find a role as a 3/4RW. Roy didn't work out as well as I thought in St. Louis but that's pretty specific system that some people have trouble fitting in with. Don't think there's a fit here but I'd be intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad