OT: 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions: Germany

Brand New Stars

It's fine if we disagree on the player. That happens. However, I don't see why it matters if one player is great and dives so you like them, but if a merely good player does it you hate the act. In my opinion, a dive from a great player is a far worse offense because they don't need to do it. They have superior skill so they shouldn't stoop down to that level.

Without even watching those videos, yes, Neymar dives a ton. I don't like him either. If I remember correctly, I said something earlier about assuming his injury wasn't serious because I only heard it on the radio when it first happened.

I don't watch soccer outside of the World Cup which is why the diving by Robben and Neymar has stuck out to me. I've watched a large majority of the games so far, and those two have done it the most.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
It's fine if we disagree on the player. That happens. However, I don't see why it matters if one player is great and dives so you like them, but if a merely good player does it you hate the act.

Because a good portion of the reason I watch sports is for entertainment. Surprisingly, talented players are more fun to watch than their inferior counterparts thus I'm more willing to put up with some stuff.

What you're telling me is the real life equivalent of saying guys aren't willing to look past some character flaws in a woman who is a perfect 10. Not only that, you're less likely to give her the time of day compared to her average/below average counterpart. Seems crazy to me.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Now that comparison I just don't get.

I thought it was pretty straight forward.

star player = model babe
average player = plain Jane

You wouldn't put up with just a tad more complaining from model babe than from plain Jane?

Anyways, I'm not nearly as invested in the discussion as I'm sure it seems. I'll just go on enjoying watching world class players do things few others can.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
2-0 Germany. A lot of Brazilian fans are going to wonder what they could have done if Neymar wasn't injured on such a needless play.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
WHAT the actual *******?

Are we still at the pre-tourney games or something?

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
BsDHDrzCEAEbhPP.png:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad