WC: 2014 Division IB • Apr. 20-26 • General Discussion (Mod warning post 453)

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
As a referee, I would only ever call it if the goalie really took the piss, and covered it when the other team literally wasn't forechecking or something, and ignored me when I shouted to play it

But regardless, what the Lithuania player did was a blatant penalty, and should have been called. Not that it would have made a difference mind you, GB still wouldn't have scored on the PP.

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
As a referee, I would only ever call it if the goalie really took the piss, and covered it when the other team literally wasn't forechecking or something, and ignored me when I shouted to play it

But regardless, what the Lithuania player did was a blatant penalty, and should have been called. Not that it would have made a difference mind you, GB still wouldn't have scored on the PP.

i actually didnt see the situation, just speaking as a goalie myself:p

if i was a referee and a goalie did that just to annoy people i'd give him a 2 min for delay of game in a heartbeat, or unsportsmanlike conduct

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
i actually didnt see the situation, just speaking as a goalie myself:p

if i was a referee and a goalie did that just to annoy people i'd give him a 2 min for delay of game in a heartbeat, or unsportsmanlike conduct

It happened in a Toronto vs. Montreal NHL game on Hockey Night in Canada :laugh:

Puck was coming down the ice and Jonathan bernier skated out to play it, jumped on it rather than shooting it because the Montreal player was so close, got 2 minutes for delay of game. That highlight made the rounds.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Through 3 games, 4 of 6 'starting' goalies in the D1B group have a GAA under 1.40

This has been a very low scoring tournament unless you play Romania/Netherlands lol

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think Tomljenovic will be able to squeeze out a very nice contract for himself out of this championship.

Poland showing how much of a difference a bit of preparation and investment can make.

On paper they don't look strong, nearly all of them play in Polish league which is a lot weaker than EIHL.

That's true. And they look like that every year, that's why I was so surprised when GB lost their first game that bad. That was really unseen before in this level.

Good coach, too. I think team can achieve so much more by playing this east-west game of Poland than the uninspired grinding one GB plays.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
I think Tomljenovic will be able to squeeze out a very nice contract for himself out of this championship.

That's true. And they look like that every year, that's why I was so surprised when GB lost their first game that bad. That was really unseen before in this level.

Good coach, too.

i hope so he really needs a team to develope. he has shown a huge deal for a 20year old kid from a non hockey coutnry.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Talking about goalies, Odrobny has improved so much in the last year or two, he's like a different player. Don't know who's responsible for that but somebody has done a great job turning him into a decent goalie.

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Thing about the Croatian NT they didnt have to much time for training and had no prep games. So how things are turning out in general is incredible.
2:1 is an active score which is more i could have hoped for in the beginning realistically.
If we do win some medal here that might be nudge to finaly make a team for the INL league from cro league players to play a real professional league cause they have shown some skills and have show room to grow especially tactically. Atleast i really hope so. its not to expensive.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
If that was intentional MacAuley with and extremely dirty move.. And that was not even a penalty :laugh: Wouldn't be surprised if it's the same ref as in GB - Lithuania game yesterday :laugh:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So correct me if I'm wrong, Poland will be playing in the D1A next year. Frankly, it's quite surprising how long did it take them to get there.

Temid

Oct 10, 2006
sLOVEnia
Yup, Poland gets promoted, Romania and Netherlands will fight to stay out of relegation on last day (unless smth unexpected happens today).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad