WC: 2014 Division IB • Apr. 20-26 • General Discussion (Mod warning post 453)

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Bad refereeing by Gebei.
He's a well know part of four horsemen form EBEL ( Fussi, Dremelj, Trilar, Gebei).
Just 2+10 mins for chepashot elbow to the head and with bloodied face is a joke.
3rd period was even a bigger joke. Everything permitted for home team.
Tripping, holding..
Gebei not raising hand on those two trippings in two secs 2 mins from the end was hilarious.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Just 2+10 mins for chepashot elbow to the head and with bloodied face is a joke.

Elbow? The hit was kinda late and he stepped into the guy (interference or charging could've easily been the calls) but that was never an elbow, I thought 2+10 was a pretty good call by IIHF rules.

Refereeing, however, was pretty bad throughout the tournament but I guess you have to expect that at this level.

IceBlacks

Dec 17, 2013
Refereeing, however, was pretty bad throughout the tournament but I guess you have to expect that at this level.

Believe me, it sucks on EVERY level from Elite to Division III. No matter where you go, the refs more or less suck. And there's usually the one ref who makes most of the controversial calls.

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
We played 4 years in EBEL. Refs were awful there. Plain robberies.
When we joned KHL, the level od quaity in refereenig rose exponentially. :)
There were mistakes, but I never saw intentional refereenig and robberies like in EBEL.

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
Its not so much about the quality as of the lack of, how to to say this politely..... personal interests of referees in KHL compared to EBEL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad