WC: 2014 Division IB • Apr. 20-26 • General Discussion (Mod warning post 453)

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2014 IIHF World Championship Division I • Group B
Vilnius, Lithuania
April 20-26

Date | Game | EET (UTC+3)
Apr. 20 | Croatia vs. Great Britain | 13:00
Apr. 20 | Romania vs. Poland | 16:30
Apr. 20 | Lithuania vs. Netherlands | 20:00
- | - | -
Apr. 21 | Great Britain vs. Romania | 13:00
Apr. 21 | Netherlands vs. Croatia | 16:30
Apr. 21 | Poland vs. Lithuania | 20:00
- | - | -
Apr. 24 | Poland vs. Croatia | 13:00
Apr. 24 | Netherlands vs. Great Britain | 16:30
Apr. 24 | Romania vs. Lithuania | 20:00
- | - | -
Apr. 26 | Netherlands vs. Romania | 13:00
Apr. 26 | Great Britain vs. Poland | 16:30
Apr. 26 | Lithuania vs. Croatia | 20:00

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Cheering for Great Britain in this one. Kind of wired that Poland is down in Div.1B
What a hell happened to Polish hockey?

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Yes I remember them being the 8th team some of those years in the 80s, when there always were the big four, the next three and the other.

croAVSfan*

Potential croatian roster
Gk:Michael Ouzas - Ehc Linz
Martinovic Sinisa - DEL 2
Vasiljevic Andrej - Slough Jets

Df: Letang Alan, MacAulay Kenny, Martinovic Sinisa, Waugh Geoff (all Medvescak), Silovic Borna (Banska Bystrica), Markovic Luka (Peiting), Sertich Andy (Sapa Fehervar), Sertic Mario (Paris Volants).

Fw: Borna Rendulic (Hpk), Joel Prpic (Brandford), Kanaet Dominik (Herlev Eagles), Novak Michael (Veu Feldhirck), Kostovic Dario (Medvescak), Trstenjak Petar (Mladost), Blagus Mislav (Zagreb), Sakic Marko (Medvescak), Cunko Tomislav (Mladost), Vukoja Luka (Banska Bystrica), Gjoni Fran (Saipa), Novak Mario (Mladost).

Zaborsky

Jan 17, 2014
Bucharest, Romania
If my country wants to remain in this group, has to defeat Croatia. I guess the game with Lithuania will be difficult, supposing that Zubrus will join his team

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Potential croatian roster
Gk:Michael Ouzas - Ehc Linz
Martinovic Sinisa - DEL 2
Vasiljevic Andrej - Slough Jets

Df: Letang Alan, MacAulay Kenny, Martinovic Sinisa, Waugh Geoff (all Medvescak), Silovic Borna (Banska Bystrica), Markovic Luka (Peiting), Sertich Andy (Sapa Fehervar), Sertic Mario (Paris Volants).

Fw: Borna Rendulic (Hpk), Joel Prpic (Brandford), Kanaet Dominik (Herlev Eagles), Novak Michael (Veu Feldhirck), Kostovic Dario (Medvescak), Trstenjak Petar (Mladost), Blagus Mislav (Zagreb), Sakic Marko (Medvescak), Cunko Tomislav (Mladost), Vukoja Luka (Banska Bystrica), Gjoni Fran (Saipa), Novak Mario (Mladost).

Good to see they called up pretty much their strongest possible side, don't expect promotion but I hope they don't fall down a division (not that I know too much about this level of international hockey) :laugh:

I see Prpic is playing in the senior hockey leagues in Canada

No Hecimovic?

Medo

Oct 26, 2011
That's the potential roster. I doubt that all of those players will play. If they do we should be strong. Hečimović doesn't play hockey anymore.

croAVSfan*

Regarding Cro goalies, backup is probably going to be Sinisa Martinovic, who is playing im Del 2, so there is a slim chance that either Vasiljevic nor Tomljenovic will see action.

croAVSfan*

Good to see they called up pretty much their strongest possible side, don't expect promotion but I hope they don't fall down a division (not that I know too much about this level of international hockey) :laugh:

I see Prpic is playing in the senior hockey leagues in Canada

No Hecimovic?
Well this is just possible roster, hopefully all of them will answer the call. I think there are no worries about relegation, ouzas would be enough.

IceBlacks

Dec 17, 2013
Prpic and Hecimovic both retired from the national team after 2013 tournament. That's what they said but let's see if they stick with their decisions.

Sad to hear that Tomljenovic haven't had much resposibility this season. I've seen him in two World Championships and I've been very impressed with his efforts and presence on the ice. If he found a club where he gets plenty of play and great goalie coaching, he would become a star.

croAVSfan*

Prpic and Hecimovic both retired from the national team after 2013 tournament. That's what they said but let's see if they stick with their decisions.

Sad to hear that Tomljenovic haven't had much resposibility this season. I've seen him in two World Championships and I've been very impressed with his efforts and presence on the ice. If he found a club where he gets plenty of play and great goalie coaching, he would become a star.

I doubt he has future in svk extraliga, mostly due to fact that he is foreginer. He needs to find club in england or german oberliga. He needs playing time ...

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Yep, Poland won Finland in the 1980 Olympics and now they're struggling to stay in the Division I B.

Um, Poland is always a top team in this group. How are they struggling to stay up?

Will be between them and Britain for promotion. Though the Dutch have the ability to make things interesting.

croAVSfan*

Prpic did not retire, only Hecimovic did. Prpic said he will play for nt as long as his body allows him to do. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad