Prospect Info: 2014 Development Camp – July 14-18 at FNC – See OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
@pham1717: Sam R is not practicing today due to "maintenance" I wonder if it has anything to do with that he got blown up a few times during the scrim

His hockey brain requires regular "maintenance"

9021690-brain-gears-thinking-process-isometric-view-isolated-on-white.jpg

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
@pham1717: Sam R is not practicing today due to "maintenance" I wonder if it has anything to do with that he got blown up a few times during the scrim
I do remember a blue forward trying to line him up in open ice (as white exited their zone in the second IIRC) that made me mutter an expletive or two, but Reinhart narrowly escaped. I immediately looked to see how he was skating after that, as though he escaped getting Umberger'ed, it looked awfully close to a knee-on-knee to my eye. :dunno:

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
I do remember a blue forward trying to line him up in open ice (as white exited their zone in the second IIRC) that made me mutter an expletive or two, but Reinhart narrowly escaped. I immediately looked to see how he was skating after that, as though he escaped getting Umberger'ed, it looked awfully close to a knee-on-knee to my eye. :dunno:

i know the exact play you are talking about, because I cringed as well fully expecting reinhart to go down to the ice holding his knee

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada

Yep, that was Samuels-Thomas. I was sitting right on that blueline and it definitely wasn't knee to knee. I would say if anything a Charlie horse. Looked like he caught his upper thigh or hip, even though he barely caught him.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY

Could you imagine the vitriol and pitchforks that would come out if this was Grigorenko?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres Reinhart misses practice
The Sabres prospects got a whole different type of practice on Thursday.

Ted Nolan retained skating coach Dawn Braid and she put the two groups through a few hours of power skating.

Sam Reinhart was given a “maintenance†day and did not practice. He's been hit very hard throughout this camp by Zemgus Girgensons and Jordan Samuels-Thomas.

Chadd Cassidy has been very complimentary of Mikhail Grigorenko this camp. He’s liked what he’s seen this week and he likes the work Grigorenko has been putting in in Quebec City. The young Russian said, “I think this year it’s been more intense and more physical. The compete level is higher than previous years.â€

Grigorenko is trying to become a big part of the main core that Tim Murray is building. The center said this group of young players is going to be good, “Yes for sure, I think we have a great group of young guys here and probably we’re not going to all play this year, but in the really near future, we’ll be able to play for a Stanley Cup each and every year for like 10 to 15 years in a row we’ll always be there.€

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres' Prospect Interviews (7/17/14)

[NHL]628609[/NHL]
Defenseman Jerome Leduc speaks with SabresTV's Brian Duff.

[NHL]628613[/NHL]
William Carrier speaks with Sabres.com on Thursday during Development Camp.

[NHL]628612[/NHL]
Maxwell Willman speaks with Sabres.com on Thursday during Development Camp.

Last edited:

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007
[NHL]628614[/NHL]
Brian Duff recaps Thursday's Development Camp practice.

Duff says "the doors open just before 10:30".....what does that mean? Does this thing start at 10:30 with us racing to grab a seat before it starts? The doors really open earlier or the 3v3 starts closer to 11:00?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This quote should silence the people who think Grigorenko may be pissed about being sent down to the AHL.

Also this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=726520

"From past experiences, I've kind of realized that it was probably no one's fault but mine that I didn't stay in the NHL," Grigorenko told the Sabres website at development camp. "If I want to play in the best league in the world, it's just on me. No one is going to make me play just because I was drafted (in the) first round. I just need to go out there and just be the best."

Really impressed with the way Grigorenko seems to be coming around. He's obviously taken his off-ice training very seriously of late, and he looks to have adopted the right attitude wrt really earning his chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad