Prospect Info: 2014 Development Camp – July 14-18 at FNC – See OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yes but wouldn't Zadorov be making 1 million a year in the NHL while risto makes 70k in the AHL even though he's the superior defenseman? he could understand why he's down there but if i know I'm better than someone and everyone basically agrees, yet the other guy is making 10x what i make I'm going to be a little ticked off
I dont see it an issue.

Even if Zadorov stays this year, similarly he could start in rochester for the same reason to get the high minute count.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I dont see it an issue.

Even if Zadorov stays this year, similarly he could start in rochester for the same reason to get the high minute count.

Zads can't play in Rochester. NHL or juniors

And in the culture the team is preaching, where you earn you spot and nothing is given. There is zero chance Zadorov stays here if he doesn't earn the spot and is deserving of it. Placating his ego will not in anyway play a part in him staying here.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Ristoleinen, Pysyk, McCabe have paid their dues. If they earn a spot on the top 6/7 they should be there with Myers, Gorges, Meszaros and Weber. To have too many young D is not good for their development. Zadorov must clearly be ready for 15 minutes a night or sent back to junior. If Grigorenko, Makarov and Zadorov all fail to stick-that could be problematic...maybe?

I don't see how McCabe has paid his dues. He's played 7 NHL games and only because he threatened to return to college unless he could burn a year off his ELC. Ruhwedel has paid his dues more than McCabe has. Let Jake play big minutes and all situations in Rochester.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I don't see how McCabe has paid his dues. He's played 7 NHL games and only because he threatened to return to college unless he could burn a year off his ELC. Ruhwedel has paid his dues more than McCabe has. Let Jake play big minutes and all situations in Rochester.

Source?

Even the ELC starting last year being part of getting the deal done isn't a "threat" it's called a negotiation. "If you don't sign me to the ELC terms that I want, then I'm going to do the exact same thing I would have done anyway if not signed" is not exactly much of a threat

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres prospect Hudson Fasching rapidly developing into top power forward
Bill Hoppe - Olean Times Herald

NHL teams kept asking Hudson Fasching the same question during pre-draft interviews last year. Each time, the Sabres prospect gave them a weak answer.

“A lot of teams were saying, ‘What kind of role are you?’†the winger recalled Monday following the first session of development camp inside the First Niagara Center. “I wasn’t really sure. They were like, ‘Come on, you need to pick a role.’â€

Shortly after the talks, the Los Angeles Kings picked the 6-foot-2, 212-pound Fasching in the fourth round, 118th overall. Some had the Minnesota native pegged as an earlier selection.

Fasching’s shaky replies hurt him badly.

“I fell quite a bit there,†the 18-year-old said. “So I was like I need to finally figure that outthere.â€

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Risto really lost 22 lbs? is all that weight loss necessary?

I think he had more babyfat than any of our pro guys last year. 22 lbs seems a lot but keep in mind that guys often lose 10+ lbs over the course of the season. For a guy like him who was a little fluffy, he probably lost a lot before even starting his offseason training. Now he replaces that fat with muscle over the next couple offseasons and he's golden.

Nichushkin is another kid from that draft class who is naturally large but at this stage seems to be doughy. That's just how it is at that age except for guys who have been workout warriors for years already. Risto is gonna be big and strong no matter what.

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
“I fell quite a bit there,†the 18-year-old said. “So I was like I need to finally figure that out there.â€

This line made me think of Fargo and I was waiting for a "don't ya know" at the end. :laugh:
Ah heck.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think he had more babyfat than any of our pro guys last year. 22 lbs seems a lot but keep in mind that guys often lose 10+ lbs over the course of the season. For a guy like him who was a little fluffy, he probably lost a lot before even starting his offseason training. Now he replaces that fat with muscle over the next couple offseasons and he's golden.

Nichushkin is another kid from that draft class who is naturally large but at this stage seems to be doughy. That's just how it is at that age except for guys who have been workout warriors for years already. Risto is gonna be big and strong no matter what.

Not the best example but I know what you mean athletes arrive in training camp and some use that time to get into game shape if Risto was 227 in September he could have easily lost 10 + lbs over 8 or so months then lost around an extra 10 this offseason. Nichuchkin is not quite the same, he is a physical speciman who has barely started to train, once he does will be scary.

nichushkin.jpg

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Not the best example but I know what you mean athletes arrive in training camp and some use that time to get into game shape if Risto was 227 in September he could have easily lost 10 + lbs over 8 or so months then lost around an extra 10 this offseason. Nichuchkin is not quite the same, he is a physical speciman who has barely started to train, once he does will be scary.

nichushkin.jpg

Dam, he's almost as ripped as me. :sarcasm:

KIKoOzV.jpg

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

nichushkin.jpg

When's that from? I thought Choosh had more fat in his face than that at the start of last season, but I guess I was wrong.

Also, I'm not just talking about playing one's self into shape, guys also just lose muscle mass over the season because they don't have the time to work out like they do in the off-season. But yeah, Risto had work to do conditioning-wise and he likely got in better shape over the course of the season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@pham1717: Sam R is not practicing today due to "maintenance" I wonder if it has anything to do with that he got blown up a few times during the scrim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad