Prospect Info: 2014 Caps WJC Thread

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
****** to lose because a US player gets called for tripping even though he was just picking up stick off the ice.

This. But the officiating has been erratic tournament-wide, and so it's a variable that teams have to deal with. Just gotta go kill the penalty.

But I agree with the above comment, better to lose now and feel the sting. I like our chances in a rematch.

That Eichel kid is impressive. Has an Ovie-like reflex to put sneaky-good shot on net even from bad angles and with no wind-up. Plus he seems very calm. (Even to the point of cavalier, maybe.)

I sure wish Carrick buried the breakaway. But he made a very nice move and was simply beat by an even nicer play by goalie. That was a good hockey game.

What patience by Drouin on the third goal. Damn french canadians always have the soft hands.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
They're really going to regret not keeping Compher. O'Regan does nothing for me. The top six looked pretty thin and the grind line has easily been their most consistent.

I expected more from Carrick all things considered. I know he's been injured but I thought he'd at least be more of a fixture on the PP and he's had no PP role.

I thought he looked good. This is high-level competition. You can't freelance here. His skating sure looked good on the breakaway.

What's his injury?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They're really going to regret not keeping Compher. O'Regan does nothing for me. The top six looked pretty thin and the grind line has easily been their most consistent.

I expected more from Carrick all things considered. I know he's been injured but I thought he'd at least be more of a fixture on the PP and he's had no PP role.

Same here, I expected him to be a force. I guess not everyone is in love with him (USA coaches).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I thought he looked good. This is high-level competition. You can't freelance here. His skating sure looked good on the breakaway.

What's his injury?

Not that he looked bad, I just expected to see more. Figured he was an all phases of the game player at this level given he made the Caps out of camp.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Not that he looked bad, I just expected to see more. Figured he was an all phases of the game player at this level given he made the Caps out of camp.

Yes. True.

It's a lot of fun to watch WJC and see the faces of NHL five years down the line, just younger and skinnier. Exciting hockey.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Canada gets the Swiss. Winner plays FIN/CZE.

USA/RUS and SWE/SVK in the other bracket.

Kind of a big loss for the US today.

Liberati0n*

What's Barber's stat line so far? Does he have a shot at the all-tournament team or whatever?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
4 goals 2 assists after today's game I believe.

Pretty classless move by the Russian team after that empty net goal.

Didn't bother waking up to watch it. What happened?

Sucks that we're out already. Russia was a ****** draw for the QFs, but it still sucks to not even get a shot at bronze.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Glad to see Buchnevich making everyone look ****ing stupid.

Capitals trade 3 picks to get Sanford when they could of had Buchnevich.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
:help:

Using it for the Capitals is one thing, but using it for a country is just completely epic failure.

I'm not going to stop using "we" anytime soon, but I disagree with this premise. If anything, it's more justified for a country as opposed to a franchise. I actually am an American, I'm not a Capital.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Yeah the Capitals couldn't use a guy that has a sick snapshot and slapshot. No use for that, we got Ovechkin.

well....that certainly did it for me....youre right, they are stupid. More Russian players who can score on Junior goalies is exactly whats missing.....especially if they are smallish and play wing. Let me guess...he was high on "your board"?

again....youre right...Caps stupid....clearly

Liberati0n*

I'm not going to stop using "we" anytime soon, but I disagree with this premise. If anything, it's more justified for a country as opposed to a franchise. I actually am an American, I'm not a Capital.

It's the implications of that way of thinking that I object to more than anything. I like living in America, I like America, but to wrap up your identity in anything linked to living in it (or anywhere) is just crazy, and patriotism is about the most Pejorative Slured thing ever conceived.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
well....that certainly did it for me....youre right, they are stupid. More Russian players who can score on Junior goalies is exactly whats missing.....especially if they are smallish and play wing. Let me guess...he was high on "your board"?

again....youre right...Caps stupid....clearly

He's in the KHL and he's a center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad