Prospect Info: 2014 Caps WJC Thread

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
troll-face-394x360_reasonably_small.jpg

Burakovsky named Sweden's player of the game.

Burakovsky95*

Burakovsky wins player of the game for Sweden. Was excellent with a goal and an assist, skated extremely well and had the puck on a string.

Djoos was very solid throughout the game and I feel like he plays bigger than his size entails.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Di Pauli, Carrick and Barber are all exceptional skaters. Really quick on their feet.

Barber? Really? He's always been considered average to below average when it comes to skating, and in my viewings of him (something near 10 games I think), he's never shown great skating. This year against St. Cloud State his skating actually stood out in a bad way for the first time.

And I'm a fan of the guy.

P.S. DiPauli can flat out fly. Guy is relentless. He's just a little burst of energy on skates. Tough not to like that.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@chrismpeters: Riley Barber has been named Team USA's captain for the World Junior Championship. Matt Grzelcyk and Andrew Copp are alternates.

Samuelsson & Pesce cut so one more forward cut left.

Burakovsky95*

Barber? Really? He's always been considered average to below average when it comes to skating, and in my viewings of him (something near 10 games I think), he's never shown great skating. This year against St. Cloud State his skating actually stood out in a bad way for the first time.

And I'm a fan of the guy.

P.S. DiPauli can flat out fly. Guy is relentless. He's just a little burst of energy on skates. Tough not to like that.

I think he's definitely improved since when he was at Dev Camp in July which I'm pretty sure he stated he was going to try and do. If we use Wilson as a comparable I think Barber has already passed him skating wise. Which again isn't saying too much but at least against Sweden I thought he looked good.

Last edited by a moderator:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
@chrismpeters: Riley Barber has been named Team USA's captain for the World Junior Championship. Matt Grzelcyk and Andrew Copp are alternates.

Samuelsson & Pesce cut so one more forward cut left.

3 years with a Caps prospect being a captain at the WJC. 4 of the last 5.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Forsberg dangles, draws penalty passes puck goes to blue line scores off one timer... Exhibited poor foot speed or something.

edamer

Feb 22, 2012
Forsberg looked fantastic in that first period. "Burra" looked good too. Oh well, one swede is enough, or should we just go ahead and trade Burra for Gomez?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Anton Karlsson is such a rat.

Kevin Fiala looking like the best Swiss player on the ice.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think he may have insinuated himself onto their PP after he came out of the box when he shouldn't have.

Djoos PPG from Burakovsky.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad