Prospect Info: 2014 Caps WJC Thread

Burakovsky95*

I wish they would play Eichel with Barber and Kerdiles. That kid looks really good. Someone compared him to TJ Oshie in the main GDT and I definitely agree with that comparison.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I wish they would play Eichel with Barber and Kerdiles. That kid looks really good. Someone compared him to TJ Oshie in the main GDT and I definitely agree with that comparison.

I really like Danny O'Regan on that line though, he was dominant in Lake Placid.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
I'm taking offense to Eichel being compared to be Oshie.

Who is a better comparable then?

To me, the comparison is more style of play than talent level. In the main board GDT the guy comparing him specifically talked about his Oshie-like pursuit of the puck.

No doubt everyone thinks that Jack Eichel will be more Jonathan Toews than T.J. Oshie.

Burakovsky95*

4 minutes left in the 3rd USA up 5-2. I thought so far Barber, Carrick and DiPauli all have been great. Carrick and DiPauli with assists on the 4th goal.

Burakovsky95*

As I type that Barber puts a tap-in home for goal #6 for USA

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
It's so hard not to root against the Canadians when the TSN pregame show is an endless slobberfest of things like "that unit has such a high hockey IQ, it's like a Mensa meeting on ice." McDavid's sposda to be the next Crosby, huh?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Really wish the Caps would have taken Hartman last year.
Eh. I covet another American in Compher as much as anyone they could have taken instead. A shame his very minor injury led to him missing this tournament.

Burakovsky has flashed a lot of upside so I've come around on the pick but it's clear he's got rounding out to do. Curious whether they put him in Hershey next year.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Eh. I covet another American in Compher as much as anyone they could have taken instead. A shame his very minor injury led to him missing this tournament.

Burakovsky has flashed a lot of upside so I've come around on the pick but it's clear he's got rounding out to do. Curious whether they put him in Hershey next year.

There is no room in DC, that for sure. Hershey is where he needs to be. Prob Wilson too.

Unless the Caps trade out some forwards (assuming they resign Grabovski), there are to many wingers signed for next season, especially if Kuznetsov is coming over.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Definitely. Mainly I was thinking returning to Erie vs. Hershey next year and after a strong summer of training he ought to be ready for the increased physicality of the AHL.

Also curious whether they sign Djoos or not. He's been pretty smooth with the puck, as usual, but I could maybe see them thinking he's a bit redundant organizationally. (Maybe it comes down to one of Haar or Djoos being signed...) He's worth a contract from a skill standpoint and Hershey could certainly use an infusion of skilled young talent for once.

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
Burakovsky is a man on a mission. Jesus. 2 pp goals already and one almost goal that had to be reviewed. This is just in the first period. He reminds me of mojo with semin's shot out there right now.

Burakovsky95*

Burakovsky is a man on a mission. Jesus. 2 pp goals already and one almost goal that had to be reviewed. This is just in the first period. He reminds me of mojo with semin's shot out there right now.

Yea he's been absolutely deadly. He looks like Semin but with actual effort involved in his game. That disallowed goal was an absolute rocket. I think he's also hit the crossbar as well + his 2 goals.

Barber had a goal earlier for USA in their win. His 3rd of the tourney.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's Norway but, yeah, good to see Burakovsky getting going and gaining confidence. He's got a real Kuznetsov-esque smoothness through the neutral zone. He needs to be a little less of a perimeter player overall IMO but hard not to like the skating and finishing ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00