Prospect Info: 2014 Canucks summer camp

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Shinkaruk's face seems to have matured a lot.

I can't wait to see how well he does in Utica (or does he go back to the dub?)

Fox should do very well in Utica, he has great skill for a guy who projects to be a pest. I like to think his potential is Burrows without reaching more than 25 goals at his peak/career year.

Hutton is really really growing on me.

I'd be shocked if Shinkaruk got sent back to juniors. Makes way more sense to have him in Utica where management has control over his development, and the option of bringing him up to the big club should the need ever arise.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
IIRC, He was measured at 208 pounds at the combine.

I don't think combine throw out faulty numbers like hockeydb.

TBF Hockeydb just writes down whatever they are given since they don't get the option of weighing them, not really their fault.

Combine I trust, no point in lying to the teams and I can't see them leaking false lists to the public.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
that was a nice steal by him on Hutton for the Valk goal. Guy reminds me alot of Darren Helm. Hopefully he because more than a 3rd/4th line centre though.

Yea, personally, that was the highlight of the video for me. Mccann displayed a lot of different skills on that one play, will be excited to watch his development next season at the junior level.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
TBF Hockeydb just writes down whatever they are given since they don't get the option of weighing them, not really their fault.

You're not Dr. Sean Maguire from Good Will Hunting. You don't get to say that.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
virtanen looks young as hell, how is he 200+ pounds

i was like whos that scrawny kid next to shinkaruk

That's kind of the point i think. That's what a naturally "big frame" looks like. 200+ pounds with what obviously looks like room to add more bulk as he matures and trains without delving into that "roided up body builder" physique and compromising speed, agility, balance, etc.

As far as the whole "looking young" thing...that might be because he actually is really young. :D

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Fox went undrafted because of attitude problems? Wow. Canucks are putting him front and centre.

Not 'attitude problems' per-say but something he did when he was younger at a party that was serious. Serious enough that his team suspended him then later traded him out of town.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Dane Fox says he is headed to Utica, but looking at those scrimmages, he has a natural scoring touch. Canucks should look at him.

Nov 1, 2011
Horvat's going to make the team along with Vey.

Higgins - Horvat - Vey

Just got to find a new home for Hansen.

4th line. Based on your 3rd line, we have:

Hansen
Matthias
Dorsett
Richardson

To make a line out of. Hanen and Dorsett both play both wings while Matthias and Richardson play all forward positions.

Matthias - Richardson - Hansen
Hansen - Matthias - Dorsett

Either should make a good checking + energy line.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Why would Hansen leave? More depth = more success.

Why do we keep insisting on waiting for this guy to become even a 15 goal scorer?

More depth = more success when you're a legitemate contender, which we're not.

He and Higgins are our utility guys. I'd rather get rid of one and let a young guy make the roster especially when the 4th line is packed even if Dorsett doesn't play all the games.

I pick Higgins over Hansen.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not 'attitude problems' per-say but something he did when he was younger at a party that was serious. Serious enough that his team suspended him then later traded him out of town.

Yeah. The "attitude problems" label doesn't really cover the issue in Fox's past. Hopefully its just that...in his past.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Why do we keep insisting on waiting for this guy to become even a 15 goal scorer?

More depth = more success when you're a legitemate contender, which we're not.

He and Higgins are our utility guys. I'd rather get rid of one and let a young guy make the roster especially when the 4th line is packed even if Dorsett doesn't play all the games.

I pick Higgins over Hansen.

He scored 16 two years ago, was on pace for 17 during the lockout season, he scored 4 less than 15 in an absolutely horrid season that nobody could have predicted, unless his wife giving birth to twins has more to do with it than we think (my dad and step mom had twins and spent almost two years alternating nights with 4 hours of sleep). Im not ready to give up on him unless we're up against the cap and someone surprises by making the team and more than filling the role that he would play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad