Prospect Info: 2014 Canucks summer camp

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
Everyone loved Hansen when he was on the 3rd line. It was only when he got pigeonholed in the top 6 that people started criticizing him. I'm more than happy to keep him around if he's in the bottom 6.

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013
Not 'attitude problems' per-say but something he did when he was younger at a party that was serious. Serious enough that his team suspended him then later traded him out of town.

Ah, right. Yeah not worth getting into that too much. I've done some stupid **** when I was young, and I've definitely seen worse. No excuses, but you grow.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Why do we keep insisting on waiting for this guy to become even a 15 goal scorer?

More depth = more success when you're a legitemate contender, which we're not.

He and Higgins are our utility guys. I'd rather get rid of one and let a young guy make the roster especially when the 4th line is packed even if Dorsett doesn't play all the games.

I pick Higgins over Hansen.

this is literally the process that created the oilers. moving good depth just because

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Everyone loved Hansen when he was on the 3rd line. It was only when he got pigeonholed in the top 6 that people started criticizing him. I'm more than happy to keep him around if he's in the bottom 6.

I think we will have a need for defensively reliable wingers. We don't have a shutdown line and we are going to have 2 inexperienced centres (Bonino and Vey/Matthias/Horvat). This is Hansen's ideal role - RW on a shutdown line.

On the road, the Sedins are going to draw the hard assignments because the home team has last change. At home however it would be to our advantage to get the Sedins away from the heavy checking, so we are going to need a line that can match up against the Getzlaf/Perry, Kopitar/Brown and Thornton/Marleau lines. Personally, I like Alain Vigneault's approach of using the 3rd line as the shutdown line and having 2 scoring lines as one of those lines (probably the 2nd) is going to get far lighter checking assignments. So I'd go with Higgins Richardson and Hansen as a shutdown 3rd line.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
July1114_gallery9_slide.jpg

Bo loves the grind.

Rest of gallery can be found here:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=46548

Also, there are some interesting tidbits of information shared by Derek Jory from this article:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726416

Especially this:

Was doing the Grouse Grind alongside the prospects the best idea I’ve ever had? Probably not, especially since I didn’t spend even a second stretching beforehand. I wanted to see the guys battle through it first hand and I certainly did. I ended up doing most the hike with Thatcher Demko, Tryamkin and Brendan Gaunce, who I could not speak higher of. He was sweating leadership up the hill helping Tryamkin tough it out. The big man is strong and he’ll develop stamina, but he struggled at times on the grind; each and every time he wanted to quit, Gaunce was there to push him – literally push him sometimes. It was teamwork at its finest. No man left behind.

Intangibles.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Thanks for the updates everyone. These young prospects look like a solid crew, the future is bright. :handclap:

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I saw this a couple of days ago, don't know if its been posted, but it shows Gaunce encouraging Tryamkin. Its a better video than the Canucks one, IMO.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
you want to see more of Hansen with Sedins?
Why would he play with the Sedins? He'll play in the bottom 6 where he belongs.

Why do we keep insisting on waiting for this guy to become even a 15 goal scorer?

More depth = more success when you're a legitemate contender, which we're not.

He and Higgins are our utility guys. I'd rather get rid of one and let a young guy make the roster especially when the 4th line is packed even if Dorsett doesn't play all the games.

I pick Higgins over Hansen.
Which young guy is going to make the team? Jensen still needs time in the AHL, last season was his first real pro season. He didn't look ready at all in the NHL last season. No one is going to fill a 3rd line RW spot from our prospect pool, I'd pick Higgins over Hansen too but I don't know why people think one has to go.

New York Rangers didn't have many star players on their team but they could roll 4 lines easy, had depth and got to the SCF.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
I saw this a couple of days ago, don't know if its been posted, but it shows Gaunce encouraging Tryamkin. Its a better video than the Canucks one, IMO.

Really cool stuff. Thanks Feebs. Tough love by Gaunce.

Haha. Man, I do miss being able to do the Grind now that I am in Australia... But I remember that feeling you get at the quarter mark vividly.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Quick question.

I keep seeing BoHo referred to as weighing in at 220lbs? That's heavier (a lot) from last year, is this true? Did the Canucks release heights/weights? Where are people getting this info?

Thanks guys.

King Crimson

Oct 6, 2011
I've always believed that Gaunce will be the future captain of the Canucks, and this only reinforces that belief. He's already really well-spoken and behind his teammates all the way.

A leadership core of Gaunce and Horvat being mentored by the Sedins and Bieksa makes the future look bright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad