Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part IV* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 6/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

That too. There was no reason for O'Connor to sign with us and be a backup for 5 years

There was a very good reason to sign here. Benoit Allaire.

Choosing the Rangers is investing in himself. Sacrifice 2 years to learn from the best.

Choosing the Senators is gambling on himself. That he can attain dominance in the NHL on his own.

He chose to gamble on himself.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
An entire season in between :)

Which is why we're jumping the gun. Oksanen will be at our camp....just like O'Connor was...yet may end up with another team (as O'Connor did). I just think we're jumping the gun here. :)

That said, I like the looks of this kid....and we need some young talent brought up through the ranks. I have my fingers crossed on this kid. :crossfing

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
There was a very good reason to sign here. Benoit Allaire.

Choosing the Rangers is investing in himself. Sacrifice 2 years to learn from the best.

Choosing the Senators is gambling on himself. That he can attain dominance in the NHL on his own.

He chose to gamble on himself.

Well, to be fair, the Sens have done a pretty good job of developing goalies as well - most recently creating the Hamburgler out of nothing but a pile of ground beef. AND he has a clearer path to the starting gig.

Versus stuck behind Hank, and Skapski, and Halverson, and Shestyerkin...

Honestly, it's a testimony to Allaire that he even CONSIDERED the team.

thenumbersdonotlie*

Whoever gave Igor Shestyorkin and Ryan Graves 7.0 D marks needs to get a clue. Both of these guys IMO stand a very good chance of making the NHL with a big role. It's almost like the person rating these 2 prospects didn't even follow them one game all season long.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Whoever gave Igor Shestyorkin and Ryan Graves 7.0 D marks needs to get a clue. Both of these guys IMO stand a very good chance of making the NHL with a big role. It's almost like the person rating these 2 prospects didn't even follow them one game all season long.

Dont pay any mind to those "ratings". They are drawn from a hat.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

The letter just represents their chance of reaching their potential, not the NHL. If I am not mistaken.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Prospect timelines for Ranger prospects to make the team (or "arrive")....

http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects...ts/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

"-Oscar Lindberg: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16."

With our cap issues and Oscar's ability/dominance @ Hartford last year, I think he makes the team & will be a full-timer on the 4th line all year. He will be given every opportunity and will not disappoint.

"-Ryan Haggerty: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16".

"-Marek Hrivik: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16".

"-Ryan Bourque: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16".

All 3 of these guys back & forth next year? I dunno about that...

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
"-Oscar Lindberg: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16."

With our cap issues and Oscar's ability/dominance @ Hartford last year, I think he makes the team & will be a full-timer on the 4th line all year. He will be given every opportunity and will not disappoint.

"-Ryan Haggerty: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16".

"-Marek Hrivik: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16".

"-Ryan Bourque: Full time in 2016-17 but back and forth between the NHL and AHL in 2015-16".

I agree, it's a bit unrealistic. But could still be possible.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Anything is possible when you have some injuries. Last season we had Malone, Kostka, McIlrath, Lindberg, Allen and Skapski coming up due to injuries. Fast and Miller came up and basically earned a place in the starting line up. It's possible more than 1 forward will join the Rangers next season. I hope it's Hrivik

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Anything is possible when you have some injuries. Last season we had Malone, Kostka, McIlrath, Lindberg, Allen and Skapski coming up due to injuries. Fast and Miller came up and basically earned a place in the starting line up. It's possible more than 1 forward will join the Rangers next season. I hope it's Hrivik

Solid points I can't argue with.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

put Klingberg in for Haggerty and I can agree with this list

Haggerty hasnt shown much yet

I could easily see it play out with McCarthy, Nicholls or Tambellini as likely to get a spot call up as Haggerty

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
put Klingberg in for Haggerty and I can agree with this list

Haggerty hasnt shown much yet

I could easily see it play out with McCarthy, Nicholls or Tambellini as likely to get a spot call up as Haggerty

Klingberg signed with a KHL team, right?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Klingberg signed with a KHL team, right?

not confirmed yet I think, just a twitter/newspaper rumor so far

and maybe with an NHL out

there were links in the Klingberg section to interviews where he said he hoped to come back

a fresh start away from Jets/Thrashers, and inspired by his brother's breakout year, i hope i returns

joshhh

May 4, 2007
Hey Guys, i was the one, who wrote the Ranger Prospect profiles for this years Dobber Prospect Report. I think the Lindberg arrival date is a typo, because i wrote 2015-16 (full time) to the "expected arrival" section for him, when i sent my work to them late april. With our tight cap and with his last years good production he will get the chance to crack our lineup next fall. I'm sure Kristo will leave and Klingberg rumoured to the KHL as you wrote earlier (but i hope these rumours are false). Barring any trades or signings, i think one or two of the Bourque/Hrivik/Haggerty trio is next in line for an NHL call-up.

LGR

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Hey Guys, i was the one, who wrote the Ranger Prospect profiles for this years Dobber Prospect Report. I think the Lindberg arrival date is a typo, because i wrote 2015-16 (full time) to the "expected arrival" section for him, when i sent my work to them late april. With our tight cap and with his last years good production he will get the chance to crack our lineup next fall. I'm sure Kristo will leave and Klingberg rumoured to the KHL as you wrote earlier (but i hope these rumours are false). Barring any trades or signings, i think one or two of the Bourque/Hrivik/Haggerty trio is next in line for an NHL call-up.

LGR

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, man! :)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Dont pay any mind to those "ratings". They are drawn from a hat.

The prospect grades haven't been updated since the beginning of the season, as the regular staff writer, Leslie Treff, has been away recently. Those grades reflect the writer's opinion before the season began. So, maybe chill out about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark