Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part IV* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 6/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
It would surprise me but never say never.

Serge, I value your opnion more than anyone else on Graves, because you see him more than others, including myself.
I think if he improves his skating, especially his lateral movements, he can become a solid 4/5 guy. What I like about him, besides is size and shot, is his hockey smarts.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Looks like Graves' season coming to an end. Losing 5-1 to Kelowna.

Tough schedule for the team. 3 games in 3 nights.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
I disagree. I think Klein is the ideal second-pair RHD and with a cap hit of 3 million, you can't really afford to trade him.

Seems like the only guy from Hartford who has a really good shot at making the team next year is Lindberg. Skjei maybe, but our D is deep.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I disagree. I think Klein is the ideal second-pair RHD and with a cap hit of 3 million, you can't really afford to trade him.

Seems like the only guy from Hartford who has a really good shot at making the team next year is Lindberg. Skjei maybe, but our D is deep.

Lindberg
Hrivik
Bourque
McIlrath
Skjei
Klingberg
Haggerty

That group has a shot

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013

Klein is a 2nd pairing defenseman on lottery teams and lottery teams only.

And our defense is deep, in ****, not much else.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Because we afraid of prospects flopping a la Grachev or a bunch of others we tend to underestimate here other prospects potential. Case in point Miller and Fast were judged to have a 3rd line CEILING meanwhile they were not out of place in top 6 on a contender during a deep play-off run only in their first full year with the big club. Both of them could have a big breakout season next year and Lindberg could reasonably be a better prospect than just a 4C.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Because we afraid of prospects flopping a la Grachev or a bunch of others we tend to underestimate here other prospects potential. Case in point Miller and Fast were judged to have a 3rd line CEILING meanwhile they were not out of place in top 6 on a contender during a deep play-off run only in their first full year with the big club. Both of them could have a big breakout season next year and Lindberg could reasonably be a better prospect than just a 4C.

This is a great point.

I feel like this board is a little to obsessed with floors and ceilings also.

BarbaraAlphanse

Let MSL walk. Trade klein. Sign Petry. Dylan as 7th D.

Hagelin had a miserable playoffs. I don't think he'll get much of a bonus. He's retain-able.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Let MSL walk. Trade klein. Sign Petry. Dylan as 7th D.

Hagelin had a miserable playoffs. I don't think he'll get much of a bonus. He's retain-able.

Hagelin was not miserable. Hagelin was what he is.... A quality 3rd line/energy guy whose a very good PK guy who can add some offense every once in awhile.

MSL on the other hand ... Awful. If Zucc was healthy then I would have sat him before Glass or Sheppard... Not good for a former MVP.

Why on earth am I trading Klein to overpay Petry when I have salary cap issues to begin with.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
For those (or especially one) who didn't believe me when I said he wasn't healthy...

Duclair dislocated his shoulder and suffered a high ankle sprain in the first round. He dislocated his other shoulder against Oshawa last Sunday.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Injury prone mess. Wow. Got rid of him just in time! Concussions, dislocated shoulders, high ankle sprains...ouch

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Klein is a 2nd pairing defenseman on lottery teams and lottery teams only.

And our defense is deep, in ****, not much else.

I respectfully disagree on both points.

So it seems like Lindberg and Klingberg have the biggest opportunities to make the Rangers 4th line (and being on a line with Tanner Glass. How fun) and Skjei could surprise and make it. So really those 3.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I respectfully disagree on both points.

So it seems like Lindberg and Klingberg have the biggest opportunities to make the Rangers 4th line (and being on a line with Tanner Glass. How fun) and Skjei could surprise and make it. So really those 3.

Klein a top 4 guy? Glass-Lindberg-Klingberg? jesus ****ing christ why not just hand Arizona Matthews now

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Klein a top 4 guy? Glass-Lindberg-Klingberg? jesus ****ing christ why not just hand Arizona Matthews now

Klein is definitely a top four defenseman, IMO. He's a stout second-pair RD WHEN HEALTHY.

And yeah, that would be my fourth line. Ideally, Glass would be off the team, but given his contract, it's unlikely.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Honestly dude, do you realize how annoying these worthless comments are? :shakehead

Then ignore me.

Just pointing out what it is. What player sprains both shoulders, has multiple concussions, and multiple high ankle sprains in the span of 2 years? A player who is injury prone. So we should be happy we traded him, instead of MILLER like so many of you were saying after the trade went down.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Graves was named to the Memorial Cup all star team.

Merkley - McCarron - Dal Colle
Graves - Bowey
Appleby

MMCAwardWinners20152628.jpg

http://chl.ca/article/2015-mastercard-memorial-cup-awards-and-all-stars

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We are down to 27 prospects now, only 18 of which we drafted ourselves. I guess 5 more will be added in a few weeks, barring trades that may change this number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad