Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part IV* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 6/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Does anyone know how may more years he is under Ranger property?

I think he's got one more year in NCAA, before being a free agent. It is a little confusing because he started a year later than most. He didn't jump right into the NCAA when drafted, played a year in the BCHL before going to Notre Dame.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I think he's got one more year in NCAA, before being a free agent. It is a little confusing because he started a year later than most. He didn't jump right into the NCAA when drafted, played a year in the BCHL before going to Notre Dame.

that rule that justin schultz used (if the loophole wasn't closed) would have allowed him to be a free agent this summer if he left school after his junior year. if he plays his senior year next year and finishes school then he is just like any other ncaa player and the year in the bchl doesn't matter

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
Not sure if we'll sign him. I wouldnt waste a contract on him if we're up against the limit.
Why not? we'll have a ton of players coming off elc's that likely won't get resigned. He'll be a lot closer then most as well. From the reports I've read he's very sound defensively, has good size, could be a Dom Moore replacement on the 4th line. Our prospect pool is terrible outside of 3 or 4 guys. Believe it or not we do need to fill bottom 6 roles with players on ELC deals.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I saw an interview with Buchnevich. He said the Rangers were going to be a hard team to make and his english is very bad so he didn't think it was good for him to come over. He says that if his team doesn't make the playoffs next season, he might come over.

I'm assuming that means that he wants to come over after next season, and might do it as soon as the next NHL playoffs.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm really interested to see how Tambellini does in Hartford. He's made big strides every time I've seen him and though he's a little bit of a late bloomer, has turned himself into a prospect worth keeping an eye on.

His game has matured in a number of key areas - he became more involved, drove to the net with more regularity, improved his skating and began to show confidence in his abilities as guy who can score goals.

Whether that translates into the pro game, especially as a center, remains to be seen. But he's definitely put himself on the radar.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Fogarty could have left school to become a free agent but he stayed in school. The Rangers have his rights until August 15,2016.

Buchnevich is a clown.

He said that because of that it would be better to play another season in Russia. He said that it’s too early to think about the NHL and that he felt, along with his parents and coaches, that it would be better to spend another year in the KHL. (Sport Business)

He said that all of the people who tried to get him to come over to the U.S. were people who lived in the U.S. and especially his American agent. (Sport Business)

He said that he hasn’t spoke with Glen Sather or Alain Vigneault directly but there was communication with his agent. (Sport Business)

Buchnevich said that his English is “very bad†and that is also one of the reasons why he didn’t want to come over to the NHL now. He said that he will try to learn English but it will be tough during the season. (Sport Business)

He said that it’s possible he could come over and join the Rangers next season if his KHL team doesn’t make the playoffs. (Sport Business)

http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/pavel-buchnevich/pavel-buchnevich-on-why-he-stayed-in-russia/

Of course,his coaches in the KHL want him to stay. The Rangers wanted him here. His agents Mark Gandler and Todd Diamond wanted him to sign with the Rangers. He wants to learn english but it will tough to learn during the season. it's tough to learn english playing with a bunch of Russian guys.

Buchnevich should have signed with the Rangers. He would have played with the Rangers at some point this coming season. Pavel wants more part of the AHL. Buchnevich could have learned english hanging out with his teammates in the AHL or NHL. He could have learned english from watching American television.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Fogarty could have left school to become a free agent but he stayed in school. The Rangers have his rights until August 15,2016.

Buchnevich is a clown.

http://snyrangersblog.com/prospects/pavel-buchnevich/pavel-buchnevich-on-why-he-stayed-in-russia/

Of course,his coaches in the KHL want him to stay. The Rangers wanted him here. His agents Mark Gandler and Todd Diamond wanted him to sign with the Rangers. He wants to learn english but it will tough to learn during the season. it's tough to learn english playing with a bunch of Russian guys.

Buchnevich should have signed with the Rangers. He would have played with the Rangers at some point this coming season. Pavel wants more part of the AHL. Buchnevich could have learned english hanging out with his teammates in the AHL or NHL. He could have learned english from watching American television.

He didnt feel like he was ready to make the rangers. Why would a 20 year old leave home, where all his family and friends are, to ride the bus in the AHL, play against weaker competition and make less money? It really doesnt make sense at all for him to come here to play in the AHL for a year.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He didnt feel like he was ready to make the rangers. Why would a 20 year old leave home, where all his family and friends are, to ride the bus in the AHL, play against weaker competition and make less money? It really doesnt make sense at all for him to come here to play in the AHL for a year.

FWIW RB wants what is best for the Rangers. I don't have a particular problem with that. That being said I would cut Buch some slack--though if he signs with Cherepovets again next year citing his inability to speak English again I'm going to be a bit more concerned with him.

As well I think sometimes people here underrate the AHL--it's not like Zuccarello, Fast, Miller, Kreider etc. etc. didn't spend significant time in the AHL and at times struggle to play well. Oscar Lindberg was the SHL's playoff MVP before he came over and since he's spent two entire seasons in the AHL and at times struggling too. If Buch had to spend time in the AHL--he not only could cross some language and cultural barriers but also hockey hurdles--playing in a smaller rink--playing at least 70 some games a year--learning to play against more physical teams. IMO--it wouldn't be a wasted experience. Staying in the KHL--he doesn't have to leave the comfort zone he's in and he will make more money. The stuff that happens when he comes to North America will still be waiting for him and an older Buchnevich might deal with all that quicker but he'll still have to deal with it.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Buchnevich is a clown.

You clearly have not a clue whatsoever how hard it is to learn a 2nd language when you're out of your developmental stages.

And what makes him a clown for wanting what's best for him and his career?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Why would he? Because he would have a good chance at playing for the President's Trophy winners.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Buch also expressed a desire to get stronger as well.

I don't think this kid is even remotely opposed to playing in North America or even the AHL if he has to.

I think he feels he needs a little more time though. Nothing wrong with that. I'd rather him trust his gut than lie to himself and come over before he feels he is ready.

The kid is 20 years old. He's got plenty of time.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Yeah I really don't see the issue with staying an extra year. Kid obviously wants to be sure thing that he can play with NYR, but in doing so (like edge mentioned) he wants to get stronger. The English thing os kind of absurd, but it isn't that big of a deal. Prucha couldn't speak one lick of English when he first came over, same with Anisimov.

I think staying the extra year, benefits for both sides. If, however, the year is up and he decides to stay again, then there will be issues and doubts that he'll come over.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He said that he didn't feel like he had a chance to make the team.

I wonder what Slats is telling him. Is he telling him we are going to re-sign St. Louis? Is he telling him that it'll be hard to compete for a spot with Glass?

I look at our team and see an opening for Buchnevich, unless Slats does something stupid, which he probably will do.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Buchnevich should be playing in the AHL. What's wrong with the AHL? Other Russian guys have played in the AHL. Kucherov played in the AHL in his first year pro. Jon Cooper was tough on him. I read some comments by Cooper on Kucherov. The player was in very poor shape in his first season. He had bad habits. Kucherov learned and made the adjustments. He reported to camp in much better shape. Second year pro. The triplets. They broke the Rangers hearts. Slava Voynov spent 3 plus seasons playing in the AHL. What is Buchnevich going to learn in the KHL? He will score more eye popping goals which the Youtube people will love but he won't get away with those moves in the AHL or NHL. He needs to make the adjustment to the smaller rinks. Different country. Different food. Different language. Buchnevich delays all of that the longer he stays in Russia. Are the Rangers guaranteeing Buchnevich a spot for 16-17? The whole thing is whack. I am not surprised by the reaction to my comments. Look at those people. They make zero sense.

The Rangers will be a good team in 15-16 and Buchnevich will say there isn't any room for him in 16-17. How about competing for a roster spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad