Prospect Info: 2014-2015 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part IV* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 6/2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The one worry I have about Buchnevich staying in Russia is that, if he explodes this year, he's going to get huge offers to stay. Not blaming him for the decision, though.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
How dare him not comply to HF posters :rant::sarcasm:

Seriously the damn near xenophobia is embarrassing with some people (Not all...thankfully a lower number than I thought and PLENTY of folks are perfectly reasonable here). But the legit hate and attacks on these people trying to transition to the pro's is disgusting. McD, Kreider, Buch, etc all received it. How many times are people here going to pull this same garbage? It's a damn sport and none of you are doing anything to help the team succeed so stop pathetically living through 22 year olds, get over yourself and shut the hell up. If the damn guy decides to never come over too damn bad.

Alphacat

Sep 1, 2011
New York
The one worry I have about Buchnevich staying in Russia is that, if he explodes this year, he's going to get huge offers to stay. Not blaming him for the decision, though.
I feel like the'll try hard to keep him to stay regardless. He's such a talent and I feel like the KHL would really try to keep these players in their league.

It's his call, but I think he's expressed multiple times his intentions to come over.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I agree and disagree.

I agree that another year in the KHL will serve is development well. Gives him time to finetune his offensive tips and tricks. However, he can still use work in his own end. However, the KHL usually isn't known for developing strong two-way hockey players.

I disagree in the sense that I believe the NHL would have been a reach this season. I don't think that he would be on the opening night roster, but he would certainly be at the top of the list when it comes to call ups from Hartford. I outlined this in another thread, but our right wing depth without St.Louis is as follows...

Zuccarello
Miller
Fast
Bourque/Lindberg/Hrivik/Haggerty

There definitely would have been ample opportunity for Buchnevich to get NHL games. Fast is barely ready to take on 3rd line minutes (IMO), and is injury prone. The 4th line depth is a mish mosh of rookies. Definitely a lot of opportunities. If St.Louis is let go (which he should be), the Rangers need to fill that hole.

Fair enough. I think at the end of the day there's a good possibility he comes to North America next year as an even better prospect. Not necessarily a finished product (for many of the reasons you stated), but probably one that has a legit shot to make the opening night roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad