Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I was thinking something along the lines of:

Zuccarello+McIlrath+4th
for
Hanzal

We can trade John Moore for Marc Methot

A prospect+5th for Bergenheim

Or...
Zuccarello+McIlrath+2nd
for
Hanzal and Korpikoski

And dont go after Bergenheim

I don't know if Arizona goes for that. It's basically McIlrath and a pick for Hanzal or two pieces they can get a lot more for.

I'm basing this off the assumption that there is no way Zuccarello re-signs in Arizona.

If we send them Hagelin instead, he's an RFA, the team will have his rights.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Supposedly Panarin and Tikhonov are looking into coming over. Any chance Sather throws in an offer? Not sure if Tikhonov is still Coyotes property, but still, wouldn't be bad having a back up in case we lose one of MSL, Hags, or Zuccs. Hard to say Duc and Buch are sure things, even though they're looking good.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Yeah, I found that to be insane. If that's the going rate, check us out of that one. I'm wary of moving Miller for Hanzal or Vermette, never mind Santorelli.

I wouldn't trade Miller for Vermette either... I would for Hanzal because then I would at least be able to justify it because Hanzal will be around for two more years

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If we add a guy like Hanzal, we will have a very strong core at center, even when you calculate his injuries into the mix. We can shift Hayes to center for the 10-15 games he misses. But, will that even be an issue? A change of scenery can make a difference. Brassard missed 5 to 10 games a season in Columbus due to injuries, but he played 81 games last season and only missed 2 this season with the mumps.

Missing less than 10 games a season (3-8-8-1-1-2) is ALOT different than missing almost 20 games a season (1-21-18-9-17-17)

Lets not toy with numbers.

A change of scenery doesn't cure what ails Hanzal.

Hanzal as already missed more games this year than Brassard has missed in the last 4 seasons including this one (H-17 / B-12)

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
Hanzal for Hagelin and a third and I'm a happy fan...

you maybe a happy fan but I don't think Don Maloney is a happy GM with that...

Missing less than 10 games a season (3-8-8-1-1-2) is ALOT different than missing almost 20 games a season (1-21-18-9-17-17)

Lets not toy with numbers.

A change of scenery doesn't cure what ails Hanzal.

Same thing was said about Gaborik before he came to NY... now I'm not saying it would happen again but you never know

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I wouldn't trade Miller for Vermette either... I would for Hanzal because then I would at least be able to justify it because Hanzal will be around for two more years

That's true. I like what Miller brings, so I'm a bit biased, I suppose. Hanzal is good and would be an incredible pick-up for 3C on this team, but his injury history concerns me. I don't think Clowe is a great comparison, but just remembering how that worked out gives me cause for concern.

Of course, you have to give to get, but man, that's a tough one, especially given that Hank being ready to go by the end of the season isn't a guarantee.

If we could somehow get Hanzal for McIlrath/Moore + 2nd + a piece like Lindberg, I'd practice my cartwheels and then do them down Broadway.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
you maybe a happy fan but I don't think Don Maloney is a happy GM with that...

Same thing was said about Gaborik before he came to NY... now I'm not saying it would happen again but you never know

completely different situation in the sense that until the year before he signed here, he was being mis-diagnosed for the issues he was dealing with. That finally got corrected with the hip surgery.

If you notice the issues that he was missing time for prior to coming here and then look at the reasons after getting to NY, it's a clear indication of not addressing the issue he was dealing with.

Hanzal? He's all over the map.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I could see a 3rd + a player the Leafs like from the 2nd tier of the Rangers prospect pool for Santorelli. If not that a 2nd. No JT.

For the last time, the Coyotes won't make a sideways trade for Hanzal. No Hagelin. No Zuccarello. If they make a deal it will be to get younger (Hanzal is 26) and bring back multiple assets. I still think JT + 2nd + a defenseman could get it done. And I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Not sure if Tikinov is still considered Coyote property but I would definitely consider him as a future. He was very responsible defensively here and showed some offensive flashes.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
It goes without saying that Miller should not be traded for Santorelli. If he goes for a rental, it has to be Vermette. I am 100% opposed to that, though.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I could see a 3rd + a player the Leafs like from the 2nd tier of the Rangers prospect pool for Santorelli. If not that a 2nd. No JT.

For the last time, the Coyotes won't make a sideways trade for Hanzal. No Hagelin. No Zuccarello. If they make a deal it will be to get younger (Hanzal is 26) and bring back multiple assets. I still think JT + 2nd + a defenseman could get it done. And I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Not sure if Tikinov is still considered Coyote property but I would definitely consider him as a future. He was very responsible defensively here and showed some offensive flashes.

Some here won't like it, but I think the Leafs would probably take a 3rd+ Lindberg. I'd probably do it.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Can the Rangers realistically get Hanzal and Santorelli? And can they A) afford it cap wise and B) would it require too many players/prospects/picks?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
One would make the other redundant

Not really. They're very different players and adding both Hanzal and Santorelli to the bottom-six would be a very big boost to the roster. Santorelli is an upgrade over anyone on the wings save for Hagelin, and Hanzal is a clear upgrade on Moore and Hayes at this point..

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Not really. They're very different players and adding both Hanzal and Santorelli to the bottom-six would be a very big boost to the roster. Santorelli is an upgrade over anyone on the wings save for Hagelin, and Hanzal is a clear upgrade on Moore and Hayes at this point..

Moore is great as a 4th line center. He just struggles with Glass on his line.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Really gotta think it is gonna come down to how Lundqvist is looking right up to the deadline

If there are still any doubts it would be crazy to go all in on rentals.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I want Santarelli but not at the cost of Miller.

I've been dead wrong about many moves the Rangers have made, but this sounds like a bad deal to me.

It would be a shame to let go of Miller imo, but I have to admit a bias and desire towards seeing our prospects succeed.

It's hard to know for sure what the actual situation is, but it would appear that Miller is not viewed favorably by AV. Not in the same way as say Fast or Hayes are as young players.

I really hope he stays and can find some traction.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The ass-backward NHL loser's point system has flooded the market with buyers over the last 10 years.

There are very few teams out of it and, as such, its going to be really difficult to get good value on a trade target like Hanzal or Santorelli.

The 2 big splashes the Rangers have recently made involves players that demanded to come to NY and only NY. Thats not a scenario that comes around too often.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Still Stempniak's fault...

(Not really what Brooks is saying here but the belief we'd need to waive Stempniak to clear him is ridiculous)

If the Rangers were to place Lundqvist on LTI and concurrently exceed the cap by up to $900,000, the club could reconcile that amount by placing Lee Stempniak ($900,000) on waivers no later than March 1. If claimed or cleared, the winger would come off the cap.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/10/the-rangers-limited-upgrade-options-with-lundqvist-roster-tweak/

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The ass-backward NHL loser's point system has flooded the market with buyers over the last 10 years.

There are very few teams out of it and, as such, its going to be really difficult to get good value on a trade target like Hanzal or Santorelli.

The 2 big splashes the Rangers have recently made involves players that demanded to come to NY and only NY. Thats not a scenario that comes around too often.

Probably more confirmed sellers (9 by my count) at any year in the last 7-8.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Still Stempniak's fault...

(Not really what Brooks is saying here but the belief we'd need to waive Stempniak to clear him is ridiculous)

http://nypost.com/2015/02/10/the-rangers-limited-upgrade-options-with-lundqvist-roster-tweak/

I have literally no idea what he is saying.

He is not using their "prorated" cap hits, a player's cap hit is only for days he'd be on the roster, Vermette does not carry a 3.5M cap hit to the Rangers, he would carry his daily cap hit number multiplied by whatever amount of days were left in the regular season after they acquired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad