Salary Cap: 2014 - 2015 New York Rangers :: Roster Building / Proposal Thread Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

New thread to be used for continuation of MapleLeaf-Esque trade proposals. Pls continue.

Edit:

Have added Kreidermans spreadsheet.

Edit:2
Brought the post into the new thread

Last edited by a moderator:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I've been interested in Erat for a while. He's a big body with decent hands and a good 2-way game. He's been solid everywhere but Washington. I'd be happy with adding him as a depth forward.

Hanzal + Erat

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I've been interested in Erat for a while. He's a big body with decent hands and a good 2-way game. He's been solid everywhere but Washington. I'd be happy with adding him as a depth forward.

Hanzal + Erat
He's been far from a good 2-way player since leaving Nashville. And too many of the same 1-dimensional players if we add Erat.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I think Miller gets traded. It's obvious AV doesn't like him. Even Torts didn't like him. My guess is he's gone by the deadline

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He's been far from a good 2-way player since leaving Nashville. And too many of the same 1-dimensional players if we add Erat.

Erat has been Arizona's best ES forward this year.

But he's a total systems player, he thrives on slow teams that are physical and play hard on the boards. He'd fit in with Boston or Los Angeles more.

I think Miller gets traded. It's obvious AV doesn't like him. Even Torts didn't like him. My guess is he's gone by the deadline

What do you mean Torts didn't like him?

Torts consistently gave him playing time even when it was clear Miller wasn't an NHL player.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I know I'm not the most popular poster on this board but c'mon trading Duclair for Hanzal? :help::help::help::help::help::help:

C'mon gang, this is not the Esposito or even post-94 Neil Smith era Rangers.

Luckily Sather and Gordon aren't that gullible.

Martin Hanzal is not going to magically fix the Rangers matchup issues with Tampa, Islanders, or Bruins.

This team is not one piece away from going back to the Cup Final. A lot has to go right.

Duclair as a 19-year-old looked pretty good at the NHL level for his brief stint. He's going to hit 50 point minimum once he matures. You don't trade that on an ELC for two years of an injury prone 40-point player.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I know I'm not the most popular poster on this board but c'mon trading Duclair for Hanzal? :help::help::help::help::help::help:

C'mon gang, this is not the Esposito or even post-94 Neil Smith era Rangers.

No, this is the 2015 Rangers.

Luckily Sather and Gordon aren't that gullible.

Martin Hanzal is not going to magically fix the Rangers matchup issues with Tampa, Islanders, or Bruins.

A 6' 6" center that's a defensive stalwart that can score will do nothing to help this team to the stanley cup? Mhm, okay.

This team is not one piece away from going back to the Cup Final. A lot has to go right.

You can literally copy and paste this for every team in the league.

Duclair as a 19-year-old looked pretty good at the NHL level for his brief stint. He's going to hit 50 point minimum once he matures. You don't trade that on an ELC for two years of an injury prone 40-point player.

Calling Hanzal just an injury prone 40 point player is flat out stupid.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
In reply to haveandare

He'll be a third line center here, though.

Eh, I'd think AV would give him about the same ES time as Brassard. You also have the option of putting him against top lines, and getting Stepan's line more room and more offensive chances.

And that's assuming that the team gives up on Hayes at C for a number of years.

Hayes will still have plenty of value as a winger. If the deal is right, I have no problem getting Hanzal.

Those numbers are actually way better than I thought they were, I'll admit that. Though, the result of them being so good would be NYR paying a higher price than they maybe should for a 3C who is really more than a 3C.

See above.

I just don't think it's a great idea to have 4m coming in with something like an ELC going the other way along with a player who could potentially provide millions of dollars of production against the cap for under a million. They're already going to have to lose a winger, then they're going to lose another potential winger. Hayes could line in at that spot maybe, but then an just okay prospect pool turns into a pretty questionable one IMO.

I understand the concern, but he's exactly what we are missing, literally to a "t". I would go as far as to say he'd make our forward group a top 5 one in the league. He's still a young guy too at 27.

BarbaraAlphanse

There is absolutely nothing to suggest AV doesn't like Miller. We've been over this before. It is all speculation. Sure there is a chance that AV does not like Miller... but it is not a big chance.

I will re-iterate what I've said in the past. Alain Vigneault was an enforcer type, heart on his sleeve type players in the AHL. He did not have the talent, unfortunately, to play the game he preaches as a coach. His actions show, through the coaching technique he employs, that if he had had his way, this is the type of hockey he'd prefer to have played - he prefers to watch played by his team. AV, as a player, was very hard nosed. Stuck up for team mates. But he undoubtedly must have aspired to be more than a 4th line enforcer. He likes a smart game that highlights talent. So it's not as far of a stretch to say that perhaps AV the player wished he could play the hard nosed game he played to go along in conjunction with offensive talent.

Which leads me to player A - Ryan Kesler. A hard nosed player, who wears his heart on his sleeve, sticks up for his team mates when needed, AND has offensive talent to add to his repertoire. Enter how AV treated Kesler while a part of his team - short leash, tough love.

When JT Miller was drafted, I watched through as many highlights of him as I could, and immediately wrote that if Miller panned out, that he'd be our very own Ryan Kesler lite. Look at how Miller plays now, hard nosed but undeniable offensive talent.

Is it really that far of a stretch to think that maybe Alain is hard on this particular type of player, because that's the type of player he wanted to be when he was in the league, and never had that ability? That he might see himself, or at least a self he wished he could have been, in these particular players and as such is riding them harder than any other player because that's how he thinks they will succeed.

Miller gets incredible opportunities under AV. 2nd PP unit. He was on the 1st line last night. It's easy to forget that he's only 21. Immature. Not refined in his playing style yet, and probably not in his off ice lifestyle. One of my friends was best friends with Kreider during my time there. When they were both together in the AHL, my friend videochatted w/ both Chris and JT. I asked what JT was like, since I had never spoken to him. She said he seemed like a lot of fun but immature. I'm paraphrasing. He seems to have matured from last year. At 21, he probably still has a ways to go before he really "gets it". But the point is he's making improvements.

So to me, I personally think that any inference or notion that Miller is disliked by the coach is... nonsense.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Calling Hanzal just an injury prone 40 point player is flat out stupid.

Why? Because that's not an accurate assessment of his scoring ability, or because you think that his other attributes outweigh his scoring skill? He's only scored 40 points once, and he hasn't played in more than 65 games in a season in 5 years.

BarbaraAlphanse

Hanzal has played 1 full season in 7 (8?). There isn't much you can use to suggest he isn't injury prone. He's worse than Gaborik, in that regard.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

I really hope not. If he does I could see to Phoenix in a hanzel deal though . Hanzel would add salary and means zuc is gone though

BarbaraAlphanse

I really hope not. If he does I could see to Phoenix in a hanzel deal though . Hanzel would add salary and means zuc is gone though

Hanzal has a salary of 3.1 million dollars. Hardly unfittable. Doesn't mean we lose Zucc.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
There is absolutely nothing to suggest AV doesn't like Miller. We've been over this before. It is all speculation. Sure there is a chance that AV does not like Miller... but it is not a big chance.

That is absolutely not true. You should probably re-visit some of his quotes on Miller last season.

BarbaraAlphanse

That is absolutely not true. You should probably re-visit some of his quotes on Miller last season.

I've seen the quotes. I like Miller. I hope he succeeds here. They shock me sometimes. But how can you determine what is tough love and dislike? JT has matured this season. He's continuing to get opportunities. Those opportunities don't arise when your boss dislikes you.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
FWIW....Vermette on draws was 13-5 aganst Plekanec today but lost the last two draws in the final minute against him when Habs had the goalie pulled and were trying to tie it up . ;)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Bobop "bobbop
Hanzal is available. That is different from past years. I see Hanzal play every night and no question I'd include JT any others in a deal for him. Very valuable and affordable long term piece. He would give the Rangers a 3 deep at center they could keep together for years.
[!!]"

Has there been reports that Phoenix is shopping Hanzal?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
There was a report that AZ is willing to listen on anyone but Doan, but nothing that I know of about Hanzal directly

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Bobop "bobbop
Hanzal is available. That is different from past years. I see Hanzal play every night and no question I'd include JT any others in a deal for him. Very valuable and affordable long term piece. He would give the Rangers a 3 deep at center they could keep together for years.
[!!]"

Has there been reports that Phoenix is shopping Hanzal?
If they are. He should be the #1 target! Get'er done Slats'

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Hanzal + Erat

I have no clue what happend to Erat in Washington.

He was a very good player for the Czech Rep and Nashville for a long time, but the guy I saw in Washington wasn't nearly as good as he was a year or two before that. I've not seen him this year, how's he doing? Something is off here though.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'd imagine that Phx is looking to shop anyone but OEL. He's a guy you can build around long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad