Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread Part II

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Some people really think there's nothing to play for anymore? Getting EJ and Winchester into the lineup would be HUGE, and heck, if Rendulic could come back too, that would likely mean the end of Cliche, one of Briere/Caron/Hamilton, and one of Guenin/Redmond (likely Redmond) from our lineup. As Bender said, the schedule for the teams in the wildcard race is tough.

We aren't out of the race by any means. We still have 4 games vs the three worst teams in this league, and should we win those games anything can happen because we still play San Jose, Winnipeg, and Calgary too. I haven't lost hope yet. I'll never lose hope when Varly is in net

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yeah winning 11 of 13 isn't going to happen, if those teams can slump enough to bring the target down then things could get interesting though. We'll see.

It's 11 out of 14 and while unlikely, the Avs have a lot of winnable games in that bunch.

It just kind of has to happen early..instead of all at the end. A lot of the teams that are currently in front of the Avs have been pretty hot of late and all it takes is a bit of a slump and we could slide in.

Like I said, I think LA passes Calgary...so we are essentially competing with the following teams for that 1 last playoff spot :

Calgary LOL (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=99042239#post99042239) - hope it happens

San Jose Double LOL (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1854201) - Yeah I don't think Doug Wilson is a good GM

and

Winnipeg - like I said, toughest schedule the rest of the way

It's not out of the real of impossibility for it to become a dogfight to the end...of course a lot of stuff needs to happen until then. We need to start with a win against Calgary at home on Saturday and then we get some days off to regroup for that last push while these other teams battle it out.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Some people really think there's nothing to play for anymore? Getting EJ and Winchester into the lineup would be HUGE, and heck, if Rendulic could come back too, that would likely mean the end of Cliche, one of Briere/Caron/Hamilton, and one of Guenin/Redmond (likely Redmond) from our lineup. As Bender said, the schedule for the teams in the wildcard race is tough.

We aren't out of the race by any means. We still have 4 games vs the three worst teams in this league, and should we win those games anything can happen because we still play San Jose, Winnipeg, and Calgary too. I haven't lost hope yet. I'll never lose hope when Varly is in net

Agreed. The hype train is stocked with coal and starting to roll.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
It's 11 out of 14 and while unlikely, the Avs have a lot of winnable games in that bunch.

It just kind of has to happen early..instead of all at the end. A lot of the teams that are currently in front of the Avs have been pretty hot of late and all it takes is a bit of a slump and we could slide in.

Like I said, I think LA passes Calgary...so we are essentially competing with the following teams for that 1 last playoff spot :

Calgary LOL (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=99042239#post99042239) - hope it happens

San Jose Double LOL (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1854201) - Yeah I don't think Doug Wilson is a good GM

and

Winnipeg - like I said, toughest schedule the rest of the way

It's not out of the real of impossibility for it to become a dogfight to the end...of course a lot of stuff needs to happen until then. We need to start with a win against Calgary at home on Saturday and then we get some days off to regroup for that last push while these other teams battle it out.

Lol someone pointed out in the other thread the wild's remaining schedule...holy crap, that is nasty!!!

kulenova seka

What is status with Rendulic ? Did he start to practice on ice ?

Sorry if someone already wrote it, I am to busy to read whole thread.

Thanks ! :)

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
What is status with Rendulic ? Did he start to practice on ice ?

Sorry if someone already wrote it, I am to busy to read whole thread.

Thanks ! :)

Unfortunately I don't think there has been any real news on it though someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I don't even remember hearing much about the severity of the break or how long he was expected to be out. Happened mid January so 8 weeks ago now which I thought was generally around the time frame for a break.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Does anyone know why Nathan Mackinnon has not been placed on injured reserve yet, if he is out for 6-8 weeks? He's still listed as Day-to-Day...

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I guess since it's after the deadline they don't need to go on IR :dunno:

Correct, there's no roster limit. Just the four recall rule until the end of the regular season.

I believe you still have to have a "23 man active roster" but that's more a formality, that you can just swap out guys and submit a new one to the NHL if you need to make a change.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
EJ and Winchester would be awesome for the rest of this playoff push, I still don't see Winchester back at all this year though (and it would probably be best to give him an offseason to get back into shape and hope the symptoms are completely gone.)

On a related note, as unlikely as it is, it would be amazing if EJ came back by next friday, I'll be at the game in Anaheim, it would be great to have another competent D-man in the lineup besides Barrie, Hejda and Stuart.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
EJ and Winchester would be awesome for the rest of this playoff push, I still don't see Winchester back at all this year though (and it would probably be best to give him an offseason to get back into shape and hope the symptoms are completely gone.)

On a related note, as unlikely as it is, it would be amazing if EJ came back by next friday, I'll be at the game in Anaheim, it would be great to have another competent D-man in the lineup besides Barrie, Hejda and Stuart.

Now, now, give Holden his credit. He's no core defenseman but he's played well since the new year

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Really don't think EJ is back by then. Roy suggested Vancouver. I don't think he comes back 6 days sooner than that, but it would be awesome.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Any updates on E.Johnson? He's expected to play on the road trip, probably vs Anaheim or Calgary.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
For fantasy wise G A PTS +/- PIM SOG PPP HITS would you take Shattenkirk over E.Johnson? Don't be biased since your a Avs fan.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
For fantasy wise G A PTS +/- PIM SOG PPP HITS would you take Shattenkirk over E.Johnson? Don't be biased since your a Avs fan.
Obviously, but strictly for PP points.

In the last 2 years EJ has more pims, hits, and goals. He also out produces him at ES. Shattenkirk just slaughters him on the PP.

Shattenkirk is obviously one of the best fantasy defencemen this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00