Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread Part II

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Winchester has receded back into the darkness of the denverpost void, I guess

FoppaForsberg*

I think until we are mathematically eliminated Roy will continue to ice the best team he can.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Injury updates....

As noted in the Avs Briefs written before the game, Roy had said after the Saturday morning skate that Erik Johnson was getting close to being able to return to the lineup. After the game, he said he had talked to trainer Matt Sokolowski and offered an update. Roy said Sokolowski told him there was a possibility Johnson might return against Edmonton, but that it was more likely to happen at some point during the trip for games at San Jose Wednesday, Anaheim Friday and Los Angeles Saturday.

Roy wouldn’t go into details about the injury that prevented winger Dennis Everberg from playing in the third period. He would only say the Avalanche would know more Sunday.

Also, while Daniel Briere was at the game, he was wearing a huge medical boot over his left foot, evidence of taking a shot on the foot at Calgary Wednesday. If it turns out that he’s done for the season, raising the possibility that it was the final game of his career, that’s an unfortunate way to go out.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2015/03/28/post-game-avalanche-sabres-injury-semi-updates/21122/

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
There is nothing on Borna's official FB profile either...I hope his situation didn't get more complicated during his rehab and it's only precautionary measure

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Johnson, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery Jan. 26, took part in the morning skate again, but coach Patrick Roy said the plan is to have him participate in a full team practice for the first time Tuesday before making a decision on his status going forward.

Asked if it's possible Johnson could be "shut down" for the remaining six games after Monday, Roy said it would be "hard for me to answer" right now.

"We need to see what the doctor thinks, and there are a lot of things before shutting him down," Roy said. "But we'll start by having him practice fully (Tuesday) and we'll make decisions from there."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick-Sadowski/Johnson-out-again-Everberg-in/188/67553

Shutting him down seems like the wise decision.

kulenova seka

Sorry for being boring, but really no any news on Rendulic's status ?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Re-injured his shoulder...out for the year ... wonder who they call up
We don't have confirmation of which shoulder it is, so I wouldn't go saying re-injured. It looked like he took a stick to his left hand, and don't remember what shoulder he hurt earlier this year.

Just hoping it doesn't cut into his summer.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
We don't have confirmation of which shoulder it is, so I wouldn't go saying re-injured. It looked like he took a stick to his left hand, and don't remember what shoulder he hurt earlier this year.

Just hoping it doesn't cut into his summer.

Just going by what Chambers said...and I believe it was his left shoulder that placed him on IR earlier this year

@MikeChambers
Dennis Everberg likely out for season w shoulder injury #Avs

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think his left one, I remember seeing him wearing some protection on it.

I almost think they'll call up nobody and just roll short. But would be an opportunity to just give someone a few minutes.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Man, I thought for sure it was something to do with his hand with the way that stick caught it and he dropped to the ice clutching it.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Well that sucks... on the bright side it might motivate them to try to bring in more depth at forward over the summer.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Wow! That's terrible! He won't even be ready for the start of next season (I wouldn't think)...terrible luck for him.

Yeah, that puts him returning between October-December. I was really hoping he could go into summer with a great training regiment and be that much better but it looks like he will be standing still for this year. That sucks, especially from a development standpoint. Hopefully he rebound 100% and can still stick with the team. That is a long time to be out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad