2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sport's hub guy doesn't know much about hockey (or simple math). He texted that the Coyotes PK played "phenomenally" against the #1 ranked PP. The Yotes gave up 1 goal in 3 PP opportunities to a team that scores just a bit over 1 goal in 4 PPO. I wouldn't call that phenomenal.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Yeah, I call complete ******** on that. Doan doesn't argue, neither does Maloney. There's so much respect between the two that if Doan were to ask for a trade, I highly doubt Maloney would ever say no.

1) if he asked to be traded in Nov, he would have been traded in Nov
2) he would have had a players only meeting 1st and called out the players
3)he would not do it right before new ownership takes over
4) he would not demand, but quietly request

and most of all, he would retire 1st, if it has gotten to that point!!!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Considering the reaction I'm seeing to the guy's tweets, I'm very inclined to agree.

Can we have a gentlemen's agreement to not post obvious ******** like this? Nothing constructive will come of chasing down every dumb thing posted to twitter. Considering how false this is, I'd like to not give this ******* any attention.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I would love to get Sustr (willing to add), a fellow CZ that looks down on Hanzal, but that ain't gonna happen! I see Z's trade value in a package more than individually.

Not that it's really an issue for us, but pairing Z w/ either Vermette or Erat will pretty much guarantee that we'll need to retain salary as most teams cannot fit both under their cap w/o sending salary back.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
...a little premature, but I wonder if Draisaitl will be available at the draft? The Oilers sure have mishandle him this season...

Anything is possible with Mac T in charge. But the Coyotes really don't have anything movable that would get Draisaitl. If he shows signs of life in junior and they really want Boedker or Michael Stone, sure. Doesn't make a lick of sense for them do such a trade.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Anything is possible with Mac T in charge. But the Coyotes really don't have anything movable that would get Draisaitl. If he shows signs of life in junior and they really want Boedker or Michael Stone, sure. Doesn't make a lick of sense for them do such a trade.

I figure they would want Chipchura to go with Gordon and Klinkhammer...

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Hmm, there's some heated speculation going on regarding Doan on Twitter coming from @SportsHubAZ. A few tweets:

(snip)

This really sounds too outrageous to be true (not the trade request, but the dramatic fracas between Doaner and Maloney/management)

Isn't this the same guy who posted on Twitter about the Barroway situation and then spammed every news source in hockey demanding that he be given credit?

He's "reporting" now that Doan will be traded within a week. God, it's bad enough to have True North rumormongers but to have this basement-dweller doing it here in our backyard... :shakehead

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Isn't this the same guy who posted on Twitter about the Barroway situation and then spammed every news source in hockey demanding that he be given credit?

He is literally a guy that works as a customer service rep for a cell phone company. A total nobody with a blog.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
He's "reporting" now that Doan will be traded within a week. God, it's bad enough to have True North rumormongers but to have this basement-dweller doing it here in our backyard... :shakehead

Yeah, bad enough to have to see llama and mesa pillory us on BoH at every turn.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

If he's going to make up stuff, he should at least give himself an out. What's his response when Doan is still a Coyote next week?

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If he's going to make up stuff, he should at least give himself an out. What's his response when Doan is still a Coyote next week?

Pretty easy for guys like him - "11th hour reconciliation" is the usual get-out-of-jail card.

Saddest part of this is that someone is going to latch onto this (hopefully only a Shoalts or a Lawless, not anyone truly legit) and give it way more exposure than it deserves, since in today's journalism it's better to be first than correct.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
today's journalism it's better to be first than correct.

It's not even "journalism," it's just the Web 2.0 era has given any and every crank a mouthpiece, and there are plenty of incentives to invent clickbait. Behold the wonders of unfiltered social media!

I do kinda miss the days where it was just all dial up modems, BBSes/listservs.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
It's not even "journalism," it's just the Web 2.0 era has given any and every crank a mouthpiece, and there are plenty of incentives to invent clickbait. Behold the wonders of unfiltered social media!

I do kinda miss the days where it was just all dial up modems, BBSes/listservs.

Not to digress too far from the thread topic, but one of the reasons I got out of the journalism biz was because formerly responsible outlets were relaxing sourcing requirements to get the scoop. It's a survival technique in the age of the Internet, and most news orgs are struggling to stay a step ahead of extinction. With a workforce reduction thanks to large cuts in revenue, the orgs are doing twice the work with a quarter of the staff - which leads those staffers to pass along questionably-sourced rumor and information and then either a) pretend like they only did so to debunk it later or b) hope that the millennial ADHD will allow their errors to sink into the collective amnesia.

Urgh, sorry, I tend to soapbox a lot on this topic. Back to the roster. Lessio is not playing tonight, apparently, and Erat will be on the fourth line. Also, Smith is in net.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hmm, there's some heated speculation going on regarding Doan on Twitter coming from @SportsHubAZ. A few tweets:

This really sounds too outrageous to be true (not the trade request, but the dramatic fracas between Doaner and Maloney/management)

I know the back story on this. Trust me..... it's not real.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Pretty easy for guys like him - "11th hour reconciliation" is the usual get-out-of-jail card.

Saddest part of this is that someone is going to latch onto this (hopefully only a Shoalts or a Lawless, not anyone truly legit) and give it way more exposure than it deserves, since in today's journalism it's better to be first than correct.

He already got a Twitter endorsement from the Jets Hockey Forum blogger.

:biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad