2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
We are.... despite the streak we're in, until recently, they were challenging for the division lead...
That's awesome and I hope it continues. But understand they are the affiliate of a not very competitive National Hockey League club that is on the brink of going full rebuild and part of that process is going to be calling up some young players that will adversely impact Portland. This will no doubt make it challenging for Portland to remain competitive but as XX indicated it is a lesser priority.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
It also might motivate the guys in Portland to play hard/better if they know a call to the NHL could come at any moment.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It also might motivate the guys in Portland to play hard/better if they know a call to the NHL could come at any moment.

Never having closely followed a minor pro team (I mean, yeah, I went to some Roadrunner and Mustang games back in the day, but I couldn't name 3 people on the roster), that's gotta be tough knowing that the guys are playing primarily for, if not the name on the back, then at least the little logo on the shoulder instead of the big logo on the front?

From reading HF, I understand many Canadians don't get (some of) our fascination with college ("amateur") football and other sports, but in that case, 98+% of them know that's as far as they're ever going, so they *are* playing for the logo on the front...

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Hey guys, fantasy related question.

Is Smith still the starter or has Dubnyk taken over? Who do you think will start more games next week?

Thanks
Smith is still the starter but neither goalie is likely to be a good fantasy option down the stretch. Best case scenario is solid save percentage but the GAA will be high and you'll get no wins. Basically I'd look elsewhere.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Coyotes adding to the family today. Hanzal's wife expected to deliver baby today. Marty may miss tomorrow's game at LA.

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 22m22 minutes ago Arizona, US
Marty Hanzal's wife is expecting a baby today. That leaves his status in question for LA.

Tim Greene ‏@CoyotesAvs12 18m18 minutes ago
@cmorganfoxaz I'm betting the baby comes out with a lower body injury. :)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Coyotes adding to the family today. Hanzal's wife expected to deliver baby today. Marty may miss tomorrow's game at LA.
Hey congrats to Hanzal, I didn't even realize he was married. This news will make Kopitar very happy!

KG

Sep 23, 2010
He has a son too, born before this one, so maybe not ck26. :)

Congrats to Martin and the family.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sounds like we could have quite the contingent out vs. LA. Stone, Korpikoski, and Hanzal could all be out. Smith will see the bench again.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I wonder what it would take to improve the 'Canes? You know, just enough where they can pick up a couple more wins ~ a .500 club for the rest of the season.
Just because rt says he doubts the Coyotes won't end up with Eichel makes me think we will then.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I wonder what it would take to improve the 'Canes? You know, just enough where they can pick up a couple more wins ~ a .500 club for the rest of the season.
Just because rt says he doubts the Coyotes won't end up with Eichel makes me think we will then.

Jordan Staal coming back from injury will be the first step. Semin coming out of his void would help too. They have a stronger forward unit than us and some of their younger defensemen a taking strides in improving so it's not out of the question. I'm more concerned with Buffalo falling again than Carolina continuing their current suckage.

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

The percentages/odds for getting 1st overall between 2nd and 3rd (reverse standings) is very small, only 2%. It's best to be at the top (bottom in normal standings) because if you don't get 1st overall, it's a guarantee to get second.

Draft rules say teams can only drop one spot below of where they finished.

So, we need to find a way to improve the Oilers. Someone put MacT on a long vacation and hire McLean

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
The percentages/odds for getting 1st overall between 2nd and 3rd (reverse standings) is very small, only 2%. It's best to be at the top (bottom in normal standings) because if you don't get 1st overall, it's a guarantee to get second.

Draft rules say teams can only drop one spot below of where they finished.

So, we need to find a way to improve the Oilers. Someone put MacT on a long vacation and hire McLean

IMO, the league should step in and do something about the way the Oilers have made a mockery of the draft! OEL for the Oilers 1st + would guarantee the Oilers not to finish last, get another good draft pick and ruin him, and would give the Coyotes an extra 1st rounder which should not be top 5, or even trading them Vermette should improve them enough (Vermette traded to the Oilers would be better than gaining any assets if he was traded to a different team). IMO the league would benefit as a whole if the Oilers would drop enough where they would pick Werenski instead of a forward.

FYI - If the Coyotes drop to the 2nd worse record they get ~ 1/3 of a chance to draft McDavid or Eichel.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We are going to go on a bit of a run at some point.

I really don't see it. We're 32 games in and the most we've been able to string together is a 3 game winning streak. This team is god awful. Even more so when GMDM starts stripping away parts like Vermette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad