2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yes, if we could keep Vermette for $4m or less, then yeah, lets keep him, but once you start paying #3 centers around $6m, our moneyball organization will have to fill other roster spots with even worse players.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
speaking for both Arizona and Boston's POV, since the two play at the end of Road trip....those thinking about Adam McQuaid, think again, McQuaid is out until after New Year's after a broken finger....

Ehroff is Yandle redux, and basically ran Buffalo's D FOR THE 3 seasons, think OEL PART 2, AND THE WAY BOTH Arizona and Boston have defense first mindsets, an offensive PMD, suffocates in those systems.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yes, if we could keep Vermette for $4m or less, then yeah, lets keep him, but once you start paying #3 centers around $6m, our moneyball organization will have to fill other roster spots with even worse players.

Vermette is a 2c. He can pk,pp, and is great on the dot. Verby got 5 mill. Vermette is younger and better so he will get 5 mill plus, maybe 6 mil. No way he signs for anything close to 4 mill.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
speaking for both Arizona and Boston's POV, since the two play at the end of Road trip....those thinking about Adam McQuaid, think again, McQuaid is out until after New Year's after a broken finger....

McQuaid would be an option as a UFA this summer, not in a trade with the B's.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Mike Smith is getting a return of Nail Yakupov or David Perron in the "Oilers Auction" trade forum thread.

How quickly can we get a fax machine in front of Don Maloney?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
mike smith is getting a return of nail yakupov or david perron in the "oilers auction" trade forum thread.

How quickly can we get a fax machine in front of don maloney?

awesome!!!!!

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
It's great that there are a bunch of ideas being thrown around here. It blows my mind though that so many fans are willing to trade some of the few valuable assets on the team to replace Vermette. He's showing no signs of deteriorating. We can sign him for term and dump him for a pick when we have developed a replacement. No assets lost.

Vermette said before the season that at his age he needs to start thinking about winning a cup and that will play a roll in his next contract. The chances of him re-signing here are slim to none with the mess this team is, certainly not at anything reasonable anyway.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Ok, he's earned that right. Most contenders will have a hard time paying him market value and staying under the cap. It's good that he's honest about his intentions. DM can plan accordingly.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
My biggest gripe on Reider..... Why didn't we draft the guy in the 4th round ahead of Kessey in the first place?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My biggest gripe on Reider..... Why didn't we draft the guy in the 4th round ahead of Kessey in the first place?

That draft was embarrassingly bad, with an emphasis on toughness.

CONNOR MURPHY
ALEXANDER RUUTTU
LUCAS LESSIO
HARRISON RUOPP
KALE KESSY
DARIAN DZIURZYNSKI
ANDREW FRITSCH
ZAC LARRAZA

Ruuttu pick still chaps my ass to this day.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Ruuttu pick still chaps my ass to this day.

That's the thing I hate most about Maloney as a GM - his dogged determination to pick "legacy" players like Ruutu.

Domi is probably the only one out of all of them that might amount to something.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
That's the thing I hate most about Maloney as a GM - his dogged determination to pick "legacy" players like Ruutu.

Domi is probably the only one out of all of them that might amount to something.

Henrik Samuelsson and his father would like to have a word with you ;)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
DARIAN DZIURZYNSKI
When I first moved to town, I plunked down $50 on the PS3 video game to help learn the team, and Dziurzynski was the lowest-rated player in the Coyotes organization who was in the game.

His name made me very nervous and I immediately released him.

His name still makes me very nervous.

#TheMoreYouKnow

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yep, everyone thought that pick was crap, just like the Visentin selection rather than any of the three guys that followed: Coyle, Etem, Brock Nelson

Interesting that the Canucks had Visentin ranked 14th OV that year.

I think that Morgan article actually mentioned him as a potential call-up :laugh:

He's made progress. He was always just going to be a 3rd/4th liner.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Then the Canucks would have been the only 1

The other 29 other Clubs had Visentin somewhere in the 2nd or later. Even us, our guys just thought that he wasn't going to be there when we picked in the 2nd round, so we reached.

GMDM is visibly upset at having to make the pick, and he should have pulled rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad