2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This one may hurt a little but what about Stone+Boedker for Couturier/B. Schenn and Read?

The Flyers have the luxery of Laughton right now who is enabling them to move out one C. Schenn has shown progress this year but Coutourier is similar to Hanzel in terms of having good offensive upside but is primarily utiliized in a shutdown role. Given that we already have Hanzel our preference would be Schenn.

I think we could put something together around a Boedker for Schenn deal. Hate losting Boedker's speed and the potential pairing with Domi next year. That being said, I have no interest in a big money contract extension for Boedker based on what he's shown as a pro.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
The Flyers have the luxery of Laughton right now who is enabling them to move out one C. Schenn has shown progress this year but Coutourier is similar to Hanzel in terms of having good offensive upside but is primarily utiliized in a shutdown role. Given that we already have Hanzel our preference would be Schenn.

I think we could put something together around a Boedker for Schenn deal. Hate losting Boedker's speed and the potential pairing with Domi next year. That being said, I have no interest in a big money contract extension for Boedker based on what he's shown as a pro.

I am in the same boat. I do like the idea of giving Couturier a little less defensive responsibilities on the Coyotes though. I'd like to see him paired with Doan and someone zippy and see how he handles it, while letting Hanzal take the role of shutting down the top lines. Also, it would give us more flexibility when Hanzal goes down. Read would also give a nice injection of secondary scoring which we have been missing all season.

I feel this is the type of move that makes the team closer to making the playoffs next year and in the long run. It would be hard to swallow, but we would still have OEL and Yandle and potentially a top C. Or at least a very good 2C until Marner makes the team in a couple years. :naughty:

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona

What about trading for Coutourier and then trading Hanzal to another team. Coutourier would be the healthier option for sure.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What about trading for Coutourier and then trading Hanzal to another team. Coutourier would be the healthier option for sure.

I wouldn't want to do this right away, but in the future yes. I think one reason Couturier hasn't hit an offensive stride is because he is relied too heavily on defense. Give him a season or two under with Hanzal around so he has less pressure in that role and can gain more confidence in the offensive zone. Then you could ship off Hanzal.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm a big fan of Couturier but it seems unlikely that Philly will move him, and rightfully so. Brayden Schenn is a very, very good 'consolation' prize. We have a ton of young wingers coming up and not enough quality centres, so moving Boedker for Schenn could make some sense. Not sure I'd do it, but I'd think about it for sure.

Domi - Schenn - Gagner
Doan - Hanzal - Rieder
Lessio - Gaudet - Samuelsson
McM - Vitale - *J. Ward

The X factor is where we finish in the draft, as well as the future of Vermette. If Doan goes, I'd consider re-signing Erat to a short-term deal.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'm a big fan of Couturier but it seems unlikely that Philly will move him, and rightfully so. Brayden Schenn is a very, very good 'consolation' prize. We have a ton of young wingers coming up and not enough quality centres, so moving Boedker for Schenn could make some sense. Not sure I'd do it, but I'd think about it for sure.

Domi - Schenn - Gagner
Doan - Hanzal - Rieder
Lessio - Gaudet - Samuelsson
McM - Vitale - *J. Ward

The X factor is where we finish in the draft, as well as the future of Vermette. If Doan goes, I'd consider re-signing Erat to a short-term deal.

What about Boedker for B. Schenn and then Stone for Perron.

Domi-Schenn-X
Perron-Gagner-Reider
Korpi-Hanzal-Doan
McM-Vitale-Swarwz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
What about Boedker for B. Schenn and then Stone for Perron.

Domi-Schenn-X
Perron-Gagner-Reider
Korpi-Hanzal-Doan
McM-Vitale-Swarwz

I don't want to move Stone. If we trade him our D gets even softer, and he is a great shot blocker.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
There are some interesting defensemen that are upcoming UFA's. Without Vermette's and Z's salary we could land us one of the big three (Staal, Boychuk or Ehrhoff). I wonder if a Stone/Boeds swap for the Schenns would be appealing. Even McQuaid could come in and replace a lot of what Stone brings.

OEL-Ehrhoff
Yandle-Murphy
Gormely-McQuaid

Last edited:

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
There are some interesting defensemen that are upcoming UFA's. Without Vermette's and Z's salary we could land us one of the big three (Staal, Boychuk or Ehrhoff). I wonder if a Stone/Boeds swap for the Schenns would be appealing. Even McQuaid could come in and replace a lot of what Stone brings.

OEL-Ehrhoff
Yandle-Murphy
Gormely-McQuaid

Erhoff and Staal are lefties and I'm skittish putting either on their offhand playing top pairing minutes at 5v5. McQuaid is a fine 6/7 option that brings more truculence than Stone, but he certainly doesn't have Stone's offensive ability and has inferior mobility.

Absolutely would love to sign Boychuk, but at 30, is he worth the 5M+/year and the term he would likely command?

I'm still very much in favor of trying to get Polak out of Toronto and/or Mayfield out of Brooklyn first. Keep Stone and Murphy.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Yeah Stone is one of those awesome draft surprises. 3rd round draft choices are always hit and miss so you never really knew if his game would translate to the NHL, and it sure as hell did. He's awesome. Connor Murphy was a pleasant surprise too. Not really a huge reach because he was a first rounder but none of us really expected him to turn out to anything.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yeah Stone is one of those awesome draft surprises. 3rd round draft choices are always hit and miss so you never really knew if his game would translate to the NHL, and it sure as hell did. He's awesome. Connor Murphy was a pleasant surprise too. Not really a huge reach because he was a first rounder but none of us really expected him to turn out to anything.

I'm on record for loving Murphy prior to his draft (some on-going hilarity between rt and myself on that pick over the years) but your point is made.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

OEL-Ehrhoff
Yandle-Murphy
Gormely-McQuaid

Not a bad looking group, though I'd sub Stone for Ehrhoff.

As for the other names, Marc Staal (LHD) only really works if we're moving Yandle. It'd be a waste to sign Staal for 6M and then play him on the 3rd pairing behind OEL and Yandle. Plus where does that leave Gormley? I like Boychuk quite a bit but there is a huge potential for overpayment there.

I've been pushing for Luke Schenn (both Schenns in fact) for quite a while, but I would not package Boedker and Stone for the pair. Boedker and something else could work though.

OEL - Stone
Yandle - Murphy
Gormley - Schenn

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've actually never been impressed by Brayden Schenn any time I've seen him play professionally. I usually try to key in on him too. I've never really seen him do anything impactful for the most part. :dunno:

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Another option for a young center is Kadri. He's a pending RFA and he's not producing as he should. I've gone back and forth on him. Right now, I'd vote no. He has/had some issues that remind me too much of Ribeiro. Don't want to go down that road again.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
No on Richards. I thought I read somewhere that part of the reason for Richards drop in production was his partying.
I don't care if he parties his ass off as long as he can bring it on the ice. I think his best years are behind him though and as such I would absolutely pass. I'd rather keep Vermette if that's the alternative.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I've actually never been impressed by Brayden Schenn any time I've seen him play professionally. I usually try to key in on him too. I've never really seen him do anything impactful for the most part. :dunno:
I'm assuming you mean since he's been in the NHL because before then I remember several instances of you gushing over him! It was usually something along the lines of how he's easily the best forward in the world not playing in the NHL. haha

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Another option for a young center is Kadri. He's a pending RFA and he's not producing as he should. I've gone back and forth on him. Right now, I'd vote no. He has/had some issues that remind me too much of Ribeiro. Don't want to go down that road again.

If vote no as well. The off-ice Rumors are out there hence the comment about similarities to Ribeiro.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
It's great that there are a bunch of ideas being thrown around here. It blows my mind though that so many fans are willing to trade some of the few valuable assets on the team to replace Vermette. He's showing no signs of deteriorating. We can sign him for term and dump him for a pick when we have developed a replacement. No assets lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->