2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Apparently Maloney was at the Rangers game last night. His history w/ Sather obviously speaks for itself. Not exactly sure whom he would be targeting, but I'd be interested in Kevin Klein. He blocks shots and can play shutdown, but is also a fairly mobile RHD who's a solid puck mover too.

Played Carolina, Bellemore played in his first game last night and doesn't cost 3M.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Apparently Maloney was at the Rangers game last night. His history w/ Sather obviously speaks for itself. Not exactly sure whom he would be targeting, but I'd be interested in Kevin Klein. He blocks shots and can play shutdown, but is also a fairly mobile RHD who's a solid puck mover too.

Vermette and Michalek for JT Miller and Dylan McIlrath. Full tank mode. ENGAGE!

McDavid saves the franchise. At the cost of one lousy season where we were going to miss the playoffs anyway.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

3mil. salary. Who goes the other way?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Luke Schenn.

Schenn can't move the puck as well as Stone, but he's certainly more physical. In terms of size, Stone is 6'3", 210; Schenn 6'2", 229. Both block shots at about the same rate. But I'm not confident that Stone can develop into the physical D that Schenn already is.

Note that Schenn makes about $2M more, so we'd have to move another salary to make the dollars work. Preferably a forward, which then clears a spot for 1 of Lessio/Rieder/Samuelsson/Hodgman.

OEL (23) - Murphy (21)
Yandle (28) - Schenn (24)
Gormley (22) - Michalek (31)
Schlemko (27) - Summers (26)

Players ages in parenthesis. It's a fairly young group but I think it's a worthwhile upgrade to our current group of D.

I would rather keep Stone.

Last edited by a moderator:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
With Eichel, isnt this more of a Crosby/Malkin draft year?
Do you mean Ovechkin/Malkin? Crosby is 10x better than Ryan / Price / Kopitar / Hanzal / everyone else in the 2005 draft.

... and to answer your question, "yes ... but it might be a Manning / Leaf draft year." :nod:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Luke Schenn.

Schenn can't move the puck as well as Stone, but he's certainly more physical. In terms of size, Stone is 6'3", 210; Schenn 6'2", 229. Both block shots at about the same rate. But I'm not confident that Stone can develop into the physical D that Schenn already is.

Note that Schenn makes about $2M more, so we'd have to move another salary to make the dollars work. Preferably a forward, which then clears a spot for 1 of Lessio/Rieder/Samuelsson/Hodgman.

OEL (23) - Murphy (21)
Yandle (28) - Schenn (24)
Gormley (22) - Michalek (31)
Schlemko (27) - Summers (26)

Players ages in parenthesis. It's a fairly young group but I think it's a worthwhile upgrade to our current group of D.[/QUOTE

I would rather keep Stone.

I would rather keep Stone too. Not just the salary difference but the puck moving ability of Stone is more valuable than what Schenn has to offer in size. I also think Stone will continue to improve.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I don't blame anyone for wanting out. It's pretty clear that unless you're one of Tipp's guys the odds are stacked against you. I'm not sure how you can watch the guys you outplayed at camp stinking up the joint on the parent team without feeling slighted. Meanwhile you "overcook" in the minors either to save them a few bucks or because they aren't willing to give you your shot over Moss, Chipchura, Crombeen, and Summers.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Fire Tippett. Fire his ass.

If this is true, I think you have to. This is what I said earlier -- our reluctance to play any of these young guys historically (Turris, Brown, etc and now all the guys who played well in camp) is going to give the impression to all of them that they don't have a chance.

Whether that issue is real or just perceived doesn't make a damn's worth of difference.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Awesome. Add him to the list of young players that don't want to be with this organization. Next up, Domi.

GMDM and DT have no ****en clue how to deal with young players. They really think NHL ready players will just sit around while other lesser players get to play?

Can't wait to see how DT's fanboys twist this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad