2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Turris part 2.

Don't worry. We'll get to hear some other fan base talk about how good he is defensively and what a great attitude he has and how thankful he is for his opportunity.

Maloney said:
"We thought he was a better fit lower in the lineup, and Kyle thought he was a top line center. At the end of the day, it just was not right for us"

:pullhair:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I think Domi is ready, but he's 19, so maybe I'm wrong. Overcooking and stuff.

Gormley is 22. He was a first round pick, played 2 more years of juniors, then played 2 full years in the AHL. He's on the last year of his entry-level deal.

And our defense sucks.

I hope the issue isn't money. If Summers and Stone are in Glendale because they have one-way contracts and Gormley is in Portland because he doesn't, then why the hell did we sign Moss?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I hope the issue isn't money. If Summers and Stone are in Glendale because they have one-way contracts and Gormley is in Portland because he doesn't, then why the hell did we sign Moss?

Tippett. GMDM gave him credit. Maybe GMDM thought it was foolish, too, and is just giving Tippett the rope to hang himself, but we can't sit around and let this play out as all our prospects mutiny.

Where's Nash and his usual optimism? I haven't seen any of that crowd speak up lately?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Nah. Luke Schenn's salary mitigates his value. He's at about 4th round pick level.

People forget how young Gagner is. He's 24months older than Brayden Schenn.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Flyers fan just offered up the Schenns for Gormley and Gagner on the main board.

Make it Schenn, Schenn and their 1st and I would bite. Arizona would need to shed more salary though (L Schenn is paid too much me thinks).

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Nah. Luke Schenn's salary mitigates his value. He's at about 4th round pick level.

Well we did get Gagner w/ 1.6M salary retention for a 6th, so that should even out :)

I've already been on record regarding my skepticism w/ Schenn. But he does play a heavy game, is pretty mobile for a big guy, and is still very young.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Not surprised, more of the same from Tippet and Maloney. At this rate pretty soon I can create an entire fantasy team from just the mishandled youth players by this franchise. Wheeler, Turris, Rundblad, soon to be Gormley, Domi, Rieder, Lessio, Hodgman, Samuelsson, and more.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Not even surprised. He didn't blow me away at camp, but he played well enough to earn a spot. Of course he wasn't going to sit around yet again..

Still, we have Yandle and oEL on the left side, maybe he gets us a good return? Wishful thinking probs

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Not sure why people are high on Luke Schenn. He's actually like, reallllyyy bad. I was ecstatic when the Leafs got rid of his dead weight (They are my second team, don't hate me). Brayden sure, but they can keep Luke. Our D is both clogged and bad enough as it is :help:

Also really disappointed if the Gormley rumors are true. I don't blame him one bit but I've been waiting 4 years to see him be a core blue line piece for us since I followed him all through Juniors etc being a local guy. Didn't realize he was a healthy scratch last night? What's up with that?

Desert Ice 11

Yoooooo
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
That would be fine on a very short-term interim basis.

I think Nolan Brown has been great for the PP and seems to be offensive minded. I think he would be able to help out with our forwards upfront produce more points. I know you are a fan of Ulf but there are two problems I see with Ulf. His son might get favored and that he is assistant coach for the Rangers. Only way I could see any hope of him coming back is if he gets head coach with more money than he gets now.

Burke is a goalie expert and knows what the defense has t do to make it easier for a goalie to stop shots. I think that he would be better than Playfair and already knows the organization well.

Above all I hope Barroway puts some money into this team. I know the current owners are going to match what he spends.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Rangers fan here. According to one of our beat reporters, Don Maloney is scouting the Rangers-Sharks game tonight. He attended the Rangers-Canes game at MSG on Thursday as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad