2014 - 2015 Coyotes Roster Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Klein or Kreider are my guesses.

They aren't giving up Kreider. Unless we're giving up something better than Gormley. Klein, they could probably move. I like Miller as well.

You could move Vermette with Gormley, maybe they'd move Kreider for something around that.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd like Klein. Kreider is going nowhere. I'd be interested in Miller and Fast as well. I think Fast would look great on the McVictory line to start.

Not interested in Fast because we don't have a coach to play him. We have several guys would might look good with McMillan and Vitale and they're in Portland. Miller, yes. Fast, no.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Not interested in Fast because we don't have a coach to play him. We have several guys would might look good with McMillan and Vitale and they're in Portland. Miller, yes. Fast, no.

I think Fast has more offensive upside than Lessio or Szwarz (certainly more than the latter) but that's just me. His defensive game is fine. But you're probably right.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I think Fast has more offensive upside than Lessio or Szwarz (certainly more than the latter) but that's just me. His defensive game is fine. But you're probably right.

So... Rieder.

What's the deal with McIlrath? I see he is back in the AHL this year.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
What would Klein cost? Can the Rangers afford to give him up?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Why are we trading him now when his value is the lowest it's been in the last 4 years, and the lowest it's probably going to be for the next 10?

We've overcooked him for God knows how long. Are we trying to develop prospects for other teams now? Management is stupid.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Why are we trading him now when his value is the lowest it's been in the last 4 years, and the lowest it's probably going to be for the next 10?

We've overcooked him for God knows how long. Are we trying to develop prospects for other teams now? Management is stupid.

From the one source that we have, it sounds like Gormley requested a trade.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Opening night 2013: OEL, Michalek, Yandle, Morris, Klesla, Rundblad ... Stone, Schlemko, Murphy, Summers, Gormley

Long-term injury, old-age retirement, deadline trade.

Opening night 2014: OEL, Michalek, Yandle, Stone, Schlemko, Murphy ... Summers, Gormley

Michalek is UFA and Z's next contract figures to be his last "big" one. Gordon-to-EDM style money-whipping very plausible.

Opening night 2015: OEL, Murphy, Yandle, Stone, Summers, Gormley, Schlemko? :help:

That 2015 defense is thin and weak and we don't have any meaningful defensive prospects even IF we keep Gormley. Without him?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I know that. I still blame management.

Yup. It's mind boggling Summers earned a spot over him at training camp. Murphy got a spot solely by being a RHD. Schlemko not any better.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
When it comes to the Coyotes, Garrioch is a hack, but Gormley could be in play. Maybe Gormley for Miller,but the Rangers should have more interest in Stone or Murphy. If Kreider is in play than Yandle or (dare I say) Oliver is going to the Rangers.
The only way the Coyotes acquire Luke Schenn is if they move salary 1st (and that means Michalek, not Gagner)
The Coyotes could use Brayden Schenn, but I would want a Maloney-type of deal. (thinking that he could play LW with Vermette and Boedker and move Doan to Gagner's line).

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

All those things are irrelevant. How old is he and has he been charred to a crisp developmentally?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I don't have an issue with Fast. I just wouldn't trade a lot to get him. Miller atleast is built for the NHL game. Fast has to bulk up or be much better. Miller can play center or wing and plays with a chip on his shoulder.
Lessio-Miller and Rieder-Fast are both reasonably comparable in AHL performance and playing style and build. Neither Lessio nor Rieder is on the team. The issue is behind our bench right now. Until that is set straight it doesn't matter which of Lessio or Miller or Reider or Fast would look good in the NHL this year or next.

I'd rather dump Summers on waivers and actually play Gormley along with one of the forwards we already have, but clearly Gormley "isn't ready" in the eyes of the management and/or coaching staff. Meanwhile, Tippett is trying "to get them (the marginal NHL players) up to speed" instead of getting the young guys "up to speed". Mind boggling.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Summers is better suited for a bottom 2 role than Gormley. Want Gormley in the line-up, than that could mean moving Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

Incorrect. The third pairing is IDEAL for Gormley to break into the NHL. It means he gets gets favorable match ups 5v5 during home games, sheltered zone starts on the road, and low enough 5v5 mins that he can get plenty of audition time on both the PP and PK. The third pair is EXACTLY where you want to break in young D.

He's not a forward. There aren't nine guys ahead of him on other lines. There are four guys. It's not like he's getting 10mins a night playing with a goon winger and an over the hill checking center. His pairing is still one third of what we've got each night and he's already a PP/PK monster.

This is not Max Domi playing with Crombeen and Chipchura. It's entirely different.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Incorrect.

Summers plays both sides, forward in a pinch, and is a quality character. I thought we were all in agreement that he had taken the #7 spot from Schlemko convincingly last season? That's a good spot for him. Gormley should be rotating between Murphy/Stone/Summers as his partners until something works. He should be in this lineup.

That he's not and Smaby almost made it is infuriating.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Summers is better suited for a bottom 2 role than Gormley. Want Gormley in the line-up, than that could mean moving Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

If you want your bottom defensive pairing to be the thumper pairing, sure. But in general the 3rd pairing is the perfect place for a guy like Gormley to get his NHL legs. You can control matchups to help shelter Gormley somewhat during 5v5.

This isn't the same as Domi (arguably) needing to play in a top 6 in order to maximize his strengths - every defensive pairing could use a PMD, and Gormley fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad