Prospect Info: 2014-2015-2016 Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

Great news.

Not looking too bad now. Ladue ups the skill level of the group.
Gravel should be fulltime LA King this coming season. I hope Scuderi
retires / bought out / sent to AHL. That should be Gravel's spot.

Gravel Ladue
Forbort Cernak
Lintuniemi Roy
MacDermid Ebert
Middleton Reddekopp

With Erie out of the playoffs, any word about Cernak and Marchment coming out to Ontario?

Last edited:

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
And Leslie

d'oh! Well, I was going all off memory. Leslie is somewhere in the middle
of that pack. Hard to say which one will emerge as the best. I think the top 5 are: Gravel, Ladue, Cernak, Lintuniemi, and Forbort.

I think Lintuniemi will emerge as a legit future 5/6 guy by the end of
another year of development. I think he had a few injuries and setbacks this year. Cernak and Ladue may have the highest ceilings, and Gravel I would say, is the most certain 'lock' to become a real
fulltime (next season) NHL defenseman, with a future projection somewhere (hoped) between Martinez / Mitchell ceiling. Solid, reliable, steady, good at everything...and even future leadership, down the road.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
I think Lintuniemi will emerge as a legit future 5/6 guy by the end of
another year of development. I think he had a few injuries and setbacks this year.

Lintuniemi had a good training camp/preseason 2014 (after his draft). After that he hasn't show anything. In my mind he is vastly overrated.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Lintuniemi had a good training camp/preseason 2014 (after his draft). After that he hasn't show anything. In my mind he is vastly overrated.

He may have alot of trouble cracking Ontario's roster next year again. Even if Ontario loses Gravel AND Forbort they have Cernak and LaDue that are better players than him. I was never a fan of the pick and he has done nothing to change my mind. He had some undeserved hype around him a year or two back, IMO.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
He may have alot of trouble cracking Ontario's roster next year again. Even if Ontario loses Gravel AND Forbort they have Cernak and LaDue that are better players than him. I was never a fan of the pick and he has done nothing to change my mind. He had some undeserved hype around him a year or two back, IMO.

It hurts more hearing that Carolina asked for Lintuniemi in the Sekera trade and we opt to give them Mckeown instead who had a big year and seems like could have been another Voynov replacement.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
It hurts more hearing that Carolina asked for Lintuniemi in the Sekera trade and we opt to give them Mckeown instead who had a big year and seems like could have been another Voynov replacement.

Source, please. If that is true, it really hurts.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I thinks it's still too early for Lituniemi, he is a lanky long Defender(these take a long time to gauge).

McKeown I don't think is going to be anything special.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
SKA team has offered Nikolay Prokhorkin a deal that runs until 2019 and he has agreed to that, his current KHL team Salavat Yulaev still have a right to match that offer.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Source, please. If that is true, it really hurts.

I looked for the link but I couldn't remember if it was an article quoting someone or a video but it was a trusted source. It was either one of the TSN guys or Rosen.

SKA team has offered Nikolay Prokhorkin a deal that runs until 2019 and he has agreed to that, his current KHL team Salavat Yulaev still have a right to match that offer.

This pisses me off. I am a big fan of Russian players cause of my nationality and knowing a talented kid like Prokhorkins doesn't want to come over to the NHL to my favorite team doesn't sit well with me .

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think either are.

McKeown got trashed all day every day around here till he got traded, then he became a superstar can't miss prospect.

I looked for the link but I couldn't remember if it was an article quoting someone or a video but it was a trusted source. It was either one of the TSN guys or Rosen.

This pisses me off. I am a big fan of Russian players cause of my nationality and knowing a talented kid like Prokhorkins doesn't want to come over to the NHL to my favorite team doesn't sit well with me .

Still think it's because of DL's ego? Or might there be something to the fact that he's living comfortably at home with money and star status?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Looks like Kings are gonna release rights to 4 prospects tommorrow. All of C Jake Marchment, LW Matt Mistele, D Jacob Middleton, and G Alec Dillon need contracts by tommorrow or their rights are lost and thry go back in draft.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That 2014 draft is looking pretty rough after the first pick.

29-LW/C Adrian Kempe - Real steal top 6 player very shortly.
50-D Roland McKeown - Traded for sekera, meh prospect
60-D Alex Lintuniemi - Basically already a bust
90-C Mike Amadio - Another steal like Kempe, looking good
120-D steven Johnson - Has yet to make an impact in college already 22
150-G Alex Dillon - Bust, unsigned
157-C Jake Marchment - Bust, unsigned
180-LW Matt Mistele - Bust, unsigned
209-RW spencer Watson - Fringe prospect
210-D Jacob Middleton - Bust, unsigned

so two solid prospects and one fringe prospect just two years out from the draft is not good. IF Kempe and Amadio live up their potential the draft would still be ok, but usually there's more viable prospects left from a draft just two years after it.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
That 2014 draft is looking pretty rough after the first pick.

29-LW/C Adrian Kempe - Real steal top 6 player very shortly.
50-D Roland McKeown - Traded for sekera, meh prospect
60-D Alex Lintuniemi - Basically already a bust
90-C Mike Amadio - Another steal like Kempe, looking good
120-D steven Johnson - Has yet to make an impact in college already 22
150-G Alex Dillon - Bust, unsigned
157-C Jake Marchment - Bust, unsigned
180-LW Matt Mistele - Bust, unsigned
209-RW spencer Watson - Fringe prospect
210-D Jacob Middleton - Bust, unsigned

so two solid prospects and one fringe prospect just two years out from the draft is not good. IF Kempe and Amadio live up their potential the draft would still be ok, but usually there's more viable prospects left from a draft just two years after it.

Very underwhelming given the amount of picks.

Surprised they didn't get more out of the 2nd, a couple picks in round 2 is right up DL's alley.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com

To be fair, Prokhorkin is kind of a complicated personality, although I have a bit of a feeling that the management didn't do their homework here, especially if we look also at that voided contract story back in 2012.

P.S. Looks like Salavat Yulaev team decided to not to match the offer from SKA, so now we will have Voynov, Prokhorkin and Dergachyov playing on the same team. :)

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Two of those picks were the last 2 picks in the draft. Another was the last pick in the 6th round. How can a player picked 150 and below really be called a bust? If you luck into a guy in that part of the draft, hats off to ya.

I'm not a huge prospect knowing guy, but the only guys from that draft that have played any games in the league are guys picked ahead of Kempe. Other than Arvidsson in Nashville, but he was also 21 when he was taken in the 4th round. It's only been 2 years, so games played don't tell a complete story yet or anything. How good was the overall draft considered to be?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Two of those picks were the last 2 picks in the draft. Another was the last pick in the 6th round. How can a player picked 150 and below really be called a bust? If you luck into a guy in that part of the draft, hats off to ya.

I'm not a huge prospect knowing guy, but the only guys from that draft that have played any games in the league are guys picked ahead of Kempe. Other than Arvidsson in Nashville, but he was also 21 when he was taken in the 4th round. It's only been 2 years, so games played don't tell a complete story yet or anything. How good was the overall draft considered to be?

Im not saying any of them should be nhl players. In fact i even stated if Kempe and Amadio pan out the draft for Kings actually went ok. But to have just 2 guys with hope and a fringe prospect left after two years is bad. Normally youd have lots more guys with some hope left. You can look at previous drafts like 2013 and 2012 and Kings still have more prospects with hope left out of those drafts than 2014 already.

Even in 5-7 rounds you want to hit better than signing 1 out of 5, youd hope for at least a couple AHL guys.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
No one should be surprised or upset that 4th/5th/6th/7th round guys are not making AHL/NHL rosters. The odds of them actually doing that are slim to begin with.

The concern should be 1st/2nd/3rd rounders not panning out. That is a legit concern.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

It was explained numerous times that Porky had no interest in the NHL the past couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad