Prospect Info: 2014-2015-2016 Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Im not saying any of them should be nhl players. In fact i even stated if Kempe and Amadio pan out the draft for Kings actually went ok. But to have just 2 guys with hope and a fringe prospect left after two years is bad. Normally youd have lots more guys with some hope left. You can look at previous drafts like 2013 and 2012 and Kings still have more prospects with hope left out of those drafts than 2014 already.

Even in 5-7 rounds you want to hit better than signing 1 out of 5, youd hope for at least a couple AHL guys.

Not sure if Lintuniemi is close to calling a bust. He's just 20 and while not cracking Ontario D, they had a lot of vets there and about 9 total D. Didn't he also have some injury? His season after his draft year, he led the Ottawa 67's D in scoring, played in all situations and improved from minus 38 to minus 5. He has size and can skate, so there's hope. I think by this time next year, we will know what we have.
I expect him to play in Ontario next year and that will show how good he is.
At least it's good to see that Amadio is looking like a good 3rd round selection.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170144

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Not sure if Lintuniemi is close to calling a bust. He's just 20 and while not cracking Ontario D, they had a lot of vets there and about 9 total D. Didn't he also have some injury? His season after his draft year, he led the Ottawa 67's D in scoring, played in all situations and improved from minus 38 to minus 5. He has size and can skate, so there's hope. I think by this time next year, we will know what we have.
I expect him to play in Ontario next year and that will show how good he is.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170144

An Injury derailed his season.

No one should write the guy off this soon. That would be a mistake.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
An Injury derailed his season.

No one should write the guy off this soon. That would be a mistake.

I disagree. The last I was hearing stuff like this about a guy who struggled mightily in the ECHL it was Colton Teubert. Lintuniemi failed to be an impact player in ECHL when players his age should be stepping into key roles at the AHL level. He is a write off.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
I disagree. The last I was hearing stuff like this about a guy who struggled mightily in the ECHL it was Colton Teubert. Lintuniemi failed to be an impact player in ECHL when players his age should be stepping into key roles at the AHL level. He is a write off.

Disagree. 20 is too young to call someone a bust. He missed something like 3-4 months with a wrist injury I believe. That's not easy to recover from.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Disagree. 20 is too young to call someone a bust. He missed something like 3-4 months with a wrist injury I believe. That's not easy to recover from.

Especially for a Long Defender. The Kid hasn't even grown into his body. Defenders with length are notorious for taking longer development paths.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site

He was the youngest player on Manchester's roster, would have been the 2nd youngest on Ontario's and the youngest dman. Started the season with a wrist injury, and he didn't step in to "key roles" in the AHL. How many dmen his age did? Were they also on a defending cup team that returned almost all their defense, especially defensive dmen?

I'd give it another year before ripping on the kid.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To be fair Holden has been consistent, he didn't like the pick from the get-go, so it's not like he's flip-flopping based on this year.

Though I agree that I wouldn't use this year as an indicator of much, it's a lost year in development, like Lowry.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It was great seeing Lowry gets his legs under him the last 3rd of the season and in the playoffs. While it's too early to tell, there is some promise there, and coupled with his NHL genes, could be a sleeper for a 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
To be fair Holden has been consistent, he didn't like the pick from the get-go, so it's not like he's flip-flopping based on this year.

Though I agree that I wouldn't use this year as an indicator of much, it's a lost year in development, like Lowry.

I seem to recall that as well. He was practically a third rounder being the last pick of the 2nd. Can't say he is a reach. Just a classic high ceiling, 'Toolsy', project defenseman. I'll reserve feelings until next year.

It was great seeing Lowry gets his legs under him the last 3rd of the season and in the playoffs. While it's too early to tell, there is some promise there, and coupled with his NHL genes, could be a sleeper for a 3rd or 4th liner in the NHL.

Extremely promising. Really started putting everything together in the last third of the season. Very nice to see. Underrated shot so some potentially untapped offensive upside there.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know he's technically an AHLer now, but this references Amadio's past year, so.

one vote difference between Amadio and the center of the most dangerous line in junior hockey, and among/above blue-chippers and top-5 picks. Fantastic.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Impressed by Amadio's hockey IQ watching him live. Doesn't seem to panic, just needs to adjust to the higher pace and play with some consistent line mates. He does remind you of Richards, with one glaring exception. There is zero edge to his game, and he needs to step up and protect his teammates during scrums. That may come with time, but is clearly not part of his personality.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not sure if he'll ever develop that really. He reminds me of Kopi in that regard--he's not 'soft' as he'll go retrieve the puck and absorb lots of contact, but you won't find him scrumming it up much (Trevor Lewis maybe?).

But he was notably more physical in junior play

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
Not sure if he'll ever develop that really. He reminds me of Kopi in that regard--he's not 'soft' as he'll go retrieve the puck and absorb lots of contact, but you won't find him scrumming it up much (Trevor Lewis maybe?).

But he was notably more physical in junior play

Amadio reminds me of Shore. Smart, smart player that is overthinking in the offensive zone and plays too much of a safe game...

I actually like the fact that Amadio didn't have a great supporting cast in junior. I doubt he would develop his offensive game to his current status (real 2-3rd liner NHL upside) if he had a better supporting cast.
He needs to bulk up some and get some power skating drills. A very good draft pick selection...

Last edited:

lucscaps

Jun 20, 2005
guelph, ont
why was miestle not signed?
saw him play with Sarnia a couple times and he seemed to be performing well.

Anyone able to shed some light on that?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
why was miestle not signed?
saw him play with Sarnia a couple times and he seemed to be performing well.

Anyone able to shed some light on that?

Not very good. A player in their overage year should be dominant in junior, he was merely good. He hasnt really developed that much imo. I liked the pick at the time but Mistele never hit that next gear.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
We need an updated prospect list with team / league / stats.

Did Moverare go back to Sweden, or did he go to the OHL?

He played some preseason games for the Mississauga Steelheads of the OHL, but I think he's still part of the Kings training camp, because he hasn't played any regular season games in the OHL yet.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
He played some preseason games for the Mississauga Steelheads of the OHL, but I think he's still part of the Kings training camp, because he hasn't played any regular season games in the OHL yet.

He played in the rookie tourney for the Kings vs the Yotes and a chance I'll see him play today in the Kings vs Kings scrimmage at ONT today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad