Line Combos: 2014-15

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Ott is another Zack Smith. Ill take another Zack Smith. And Smith isn't the problem with GSN. Greening and Neil.. and Maclean are the problem with GSN.

Ott is going to have veritable bushels of money thrown at him this summer by teams like Montreal. He's going to be another Clarkson contract, guaranteed.

Steer way clear of that. I don't think the GSN line has been that bad anyway, no need to replace them with similar players that cost more money.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Ryan Spezza Hemmer

MacArthur Turris Stone

Hoffman Zibanejad Lazar

Greening Smith Neil

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Ott is going to have veritable bushels of money thrown at him this summer by teams like Montreal. He's going to be another Clarkson contract, guaranteed.

Steer way clear of that. I don't think the GSN line has been that bad anyway, no need to replace them with similar players that cost more money.

Buffalo Fleeced the Blues in that trade not going to lie, two 1sts of Miller resigns or of they make the West finals, 1st next year aswell, Will Carrier, Stewat and Michael Neuvirth since Halak was flipped

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Ryan Spezza Hemmer

MacArthur Turris Stone

Hoffman Zibanejad Lazar

Greening Smith Neil

Lazar might get a few games, but I'm not sure he'll be kept. I could maybe see Michalek there if the $$ are right.

I'm good with Smith on the 4th, and he can also play the wing if Pageau is up; but Greening, Condra, Kassian and Neil have to show me more. Of these, I get what Condra brings, but we have others who can do that is the system.

And Neil, while he brings a lot of penalties, is no-where near what he once was. He could be next year's Phillips.

Grant may get a chance, as well as Puempel and Prince, especially if one of them plays off wing.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
We talk about trimming the fat. Well, I'm hoping two of Kassian-Condra-Greening-Neil are gone next year.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
We need to decide whether we're going to be a gritty team or a finesse team cause right now we're at an awkward in between and it's not working. IMO we play at our best when we beat other teams up, lets us get away with not being the most skilled team every game. Look at MTL series last year or the Detroit game where we beat them 6-1 this year... Cowen almost careered Datsyuk. Or even the that Pittsburgh game where we beat them 5-0, Methot ended Dupuis' season.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
We need to decide whether we're going to be a gritty team or a finesse team cause right now we're at an awkward in between and it's not working. IMO we play at our best when we beat other teams up, lets us get away with not being the most skilled team every game. Look at MTL series last year or the Detroit game where we beat them 6-1 this year... Cowen almost careered Datsyuk. Or even the that Pittsburgh game where we beat them 5-0, Methot ended Dupuis' season.

A great team is capable of playing any style to beat any opponent in the playoffs. If you ignore a dimension, it will become your fatal flaw in the postseason.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I can't bethe the only who wants Spezza back can I?

UFA-Spezza- Hemsky
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zib-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Trade:Condra for 4th(?) 2015, Two of Wier/Gryba/Cowen/Boro/Philips., Pageau/Dacosta (no space)

Promote: Claesson, Lazar

Slot Lazar in 3rd line and move Hoffman to 4th occasionally. Play Neil/Greening 13th forward

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I can't bethe the only who wants Spezza back can I?

UFA-Spezza- Hemsky
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zib-Stone
Greening-Smith-Neil

Trade:Condra for 4th(?) 2015, Two of Wier/Gryba/Cowen/Boro/Philips., Pageau/Dacosta (no space)

Promote: Claesson, Lazar

Slot Lazar in 3rd line and move Hoffman to 4th occasionally. Play Neil/Greening 13th forward

I think if by some miracle Spezza decides to put up with our **** for even longer, that he'll be given a much longer look with Bobby. A small part of me has an attachment to Spez :cry:

Something like:

Hoffman-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Stone

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
(spezza trade)-Zibanejad-Stone
Hoffman-Lazar-Condra/Stewart
Greening-Smith-Neil

zib needs more time. 2nd line mins should be good. hoffman not a top 6 guy (yet?). stewart still a possibility course if lazar is playing condra could help him out too.

Last edited:

x Karlsson x 65

Taste the Rainbow
Apr 21, 2014
Moncton
UFA(Vrbata?)-Spezza-Hemsky
Macarthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Stone
Greening-Smith-Condra

Neil as extra/enforcer, Give Lazar an extra year
That third line is deadly, would give other teams some real trouble and good for matchups

Methot-Karlsson
Weircoch-Ceci
Cowen-Gryba

Andy/Lehner 1A 1B

This team would be in the playoffs no doubt. The forward lines are really talented and scoring would be no problem. Our defense is the only thing that is questionable but i like it

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Here's the lines I've come up with based on management's comments/being as realistic as possible. They aren't at all the lines/players I want but it's my best guess for what will happen. Cowen/Phillips will be in the lineup no matter what. We trade Spezza and acquire Stewart.

MacArthur-Turris-Stewart
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Smith-Lazar-Stone
Greening-Grant-Neil

Josi-Karlsson
Methot-Cowen
Phillips-Ceci

Anderson
Lehner

I have Spezza for Josi, Wiercioch+2nd for Stewart. I think this roster gets us into the first round and nothing more at least until 2-3 years down the road. 53$ not including the 2-3 scratched guys on ELC's.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Here's the lines I've come up with based on management's comments/being as realistic as possible. They aren't at all the lines/players I want but it's my best guess for what will happen. Cowen/Phillips will be in the lineup no matter what. We trade Spezza and acquire Stewart.

MacArthur-Turris-Stewart
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Smith-Lazar-Stone
Greening-Grant-Neil

Josi-Karlsson
Methot-Cowen
Phillips-Ceci

Anderson
Lehner

I have Spezza for Josi, Wiercioch+2nd for Stewart. I think this roster gets us into the first round and nothing more at least until 2-3 years down the road. 53$ not including the 2-3 scratched guys on ELC's.

No way I'm parting with any 2nd round picks, we have lost way to many and don't have a 3rd next year and we don't even have a 1st this year, we need to acquire more picks starting with trading Spezza

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

MacArthur-Turris-Stewart
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Smith-Lazar-Stone
Greening-Grant-Neil

Josi-Karlsson
Methot-Cowen
Phillips-Ceci

Anderson
Lehner

Actually that looks ok, but I would be very hesitant to count on Lazar next year even as a 3rd C. I would give JGP or SDC a shot before Lazar.

Give Lazar 9 games as a RW to see how he does, but I'm pretty sure he goes back to junior.

Also I don't like the Stewart deal. I'd only get him if he's cheap. Something like a Prince + some other AHLer. Nothing from the big team.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Im gonna give it a shot

Spezza, Da Costa = Out
Hoffman = In

Michalek - Zibanejad - (Harder Forward/Trade Acquisition)
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Greening - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Ceci
Wiercioch
Borowiecki

Anderson
Lehner

Feeling Lazar gets a 9 game stint over a season, just by judging the tone in the Dorion interview.
Michalek is likely getting signed

we need to do something about having 8 defensemen, We might have to let one of Wiercioch/Boro/Claesson go so Phillips could develop more.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
Im gonna give it a shot

Spezza, Da Costa = Out
Hoffman = In

Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Greening - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Ceci
Wiercioch
Borowiecki

Anderson
Lehner

Feeling Lazar gets a 9 game stint over a season, just by judging the tone in the Dorion interview.

we need to do something about having 8 defensemen, We might have to let one of Wiercioch/Boro/Claesson go so Phillips could develop more.

Confused as to what this means

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Im gonna give it a shot

Spezza, Da Costa = Out
Hoffman = In

Hoffman - Pageau - Stone
Greening - Smith - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Gryba
Phillips - Ceci
Wiercioch
Borowiecki

Anderson
Lehner

I think people are getting confused at the Murray interview from today. I think it's safe to say he doesn't expect Zibanejad to play 1C next year but to become a 1C in the future. The second pairing D is terrifying but I'm afraid that it's probably accurate. :cry:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think people are getting confused at the Murray interview from today. I think it's safe to say he doesn't expect Zibanejad to play 1C next year but to become a 1C in the future. The second pairing D is terrifying but I'm afraid that it's probably accurate. :cry:

First and second lines are interchangeable depending on what we get for Spezza we might end up having two second/first lines. I think Gryba will be fine in the top four role, and just gotta hope Cowen can rebound and play like the player he was drafted to be, both of them should improve if you believe in the sophomore curse.

Confused as to what this means

Phillips is a first overall pick we got to be careful with his development if that means moving better players out so be it.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
First and second lines are interchangeable depending on what we get for Spezza we might end up having two second/first lines. I think Gryba will be fine in the top four role, and just gotta hope Cowen can rebound and play like the player he was drafted to be, both of them should improve if you believe in the sophomore curse.

Phillips is a first overall pick we got to be careful with his development if that means moving better players out so be it.

Maybe I just had a little to much to drink but I laughed at this for about 10 minutes straight.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan/(Spezza return)
Michalek - Zibanejad - (Spezza return)/Ryan
Condra - Lazar - SIGN Vrbata
Greening - Smith - Neil

(Spezza return/Ufa) - Karlsson
Methot - Cowen
Phillips - Ceci

Anderson
Lehner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events