2014-15 Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
You gotta remember how close Price is with Budaj. I don't know how happy it would make price if budaj was traded/sent down along with all the other changes in the locker room.

Keeping your best player happy is another thing to consider

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
One thing i'm interested to see is how many muscle mass and strenght Tinordi took in his offseason! He will be a beast.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You gotta remember how close Price is with Budaj. I don't know how happy it would make price if budaj was traded/sent down along with all the other changes in the locker room.

Well he seems to be over Josh so I don't think it will be an issue.
He wants to win just as much as PK does so if moving PB makes us better so be it.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Yes and no...yes #1 goalie has to play a lot, but you also need to force yourself to rest him the 1st half or you pay for it the last 20-25 games.

I understand that. But still, having 3 goalies on the team would be pretty useless. Budaj OR Tokarski can easily play 15-17 games a year while Price gets the rest. Splitting 3 goalies at 50-15-15 would not be a smart move.

As much as you don't want a tired goalie, you don't want a cold one either. Some goalies need to play games in order to get into a rhythm.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

Agreed, however I think Price is now more mature and confident in himself than he was after the Halak situation, and he understands the business better.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I understand that. But still, having 3 goalies on the team would be pretty useless. Budaj OR Tokarski can easily play 15-17 games a year while Price gets the rest. Splitting 3 goalies at 50-15-15 would not be a smart move.

As much as you don't want a tired goalie, you don't want a cold one either. Some goalies need to play games in order to get into a rhythm.

JT talked about that rhythm issue. He played in a 3 goalie merry go round here a while back.
Hackett ostensibly a back up ended up with the lions share of play that year.
Theo could never find his groove...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Daniel Hudgin @ScopeHockey · 19 min

Couple tidbits from Bergevin on Antichambre last night. Said he wasn't opposed to skipping bridge deal with 27 & 11 also implied that Bouillon was at the point in his career where he needed to accept a 2 way deal if he wanted to play. 2/2

Good news! GET out Franky!

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

I don't think the relationship Budaj and Price have will be taken into consideration. They can always be friends. But you can't always save up money by replacing a younger, cheaper and arguably similar player, in order to use the extra cash on another signing.

I'm sure Price liked Huet and Halak, even considering everything that happened. I don't think Budaj imminent departure would affect Price's departure.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
When it's about making Price happy and keep Budaj as his backup, it's a valid point.
When it's about keeping Pacioretty with Desharnais to keep him happy, Pacioretty's a whiner and a no-good bum who's overrated in the first place if he wants a particular C.

This board sometimes...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
When it's about making Price happy and keep Budaj as his backup, it's a valid point.
When it's about keeping Pacioretty with Desharnais to keep him happy, Pacioretty's a whiner and a no-good bum who's overrated in the first place if he wants a particular C.

This board sometimes...

This board at all times and nothing valid about either argument.

PK/Patch/Price have been identified as leaders on this team.
That typically involves a closer relationship with the front office.
Consequently none of them will say a peep about any moves management decides to make.
Sorry to see him go blah blah blah hockey's a business blah blah blah...

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

This board sometimes...

images

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa

Pretty sure Price was really close to the previous goalie coach, but Bergevin fired him and hired Waite, and Price had his best season to date.

So maybe Bergevin is getting rid of Gorges and Budaj to see if it makes Price even better :sarcasm:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Pretty sure Price was really close to the previous goalie coach, but Bergevin fired him and hired Waite, and Price had his best season to date.

So maybe Bergevin is getting rid of Gorges and Budaj to see if it makes Price even better :sarcasm:

Trade everyone he loves!! He'll be unstoppable!

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He used to be real close to Chipchura,O'Byrne and D'agostini early in his career as well, you might be on to something here, trade everybody he likes ! :P

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

This board sometimes...

The success Pacioretty has achieved has been with Desharnais, not with any other center. Erik Cole also had a productive season playing on DD's line. I suppose you might change your mind if Pacioretty were taken off DD's line and his scoring declined but I sense that you still wouldn't get over your disgruntlement.

As for keeping Price happy, what makes you think he would be unhappy if Budaj were traded? IMO it would have little effect on his morale, so it's not a valid point at all.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I find the invitation of Seattle's "Legion of Boom candidate" Thunderbirds Evan Wardley is interesting, another hard hitting Dman is always a welcome sight on either the Bulldogs or the Habs for this fan.:handclap: Hudon, Holland and Bowman are other favorites of mine that have good work ethics and talents, that may see them in Hab uniforms during pre-season games this year.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The success Pacioretty has achieved has been with Desharnais, not with any other center. Erik Cole also had a productive season playing on DD's line. I suppose you might change your mind if Pacioretty were taken off DD's line and his scoring declined but I sense that you still wouldn't get over your disgruntlement.

As for keeping Price happy, what makes you think he would be unhappy if Budaj were traded? IMO it would have little effect on his morale, so it's not a valid point at all.

Hum... Reading 101?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Isn't he rumored to have terrible work ethic? If it's the case then it shouldn't be surprising since his talent doesn't compensate for it.

Well you'd think that some kids understand that you have to take the 2nd chance. It's his 3rd now....already. I have no doubt this kid could be a AHL'er. Or maybe start him in the ECHL. But true that if he just doesn't feel like trying....he doesn't deserve to be anywhere. Yet....he had a pretty decent junior season last year. Can't believe that with his size and all, he just can't make the next step.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I just found that Tom Gilbert had more point then Markov last year at ES!

30th in the NHL last year among defenceman for ES with 22 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad