2014-15 Training Camp Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
A 178lbs DMan? No thanks. We have Weaver. Our quota for smallish DMen is full.

Weaver? He's gone next year and we don't have an small defenceman in our pipelines. Did I say that we need to sign him? no, i'm just wondering why Baker deserve an invitation at the main over Beaudoin.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Outrage over a camp invitee? Only in Montreal.

:laugh:
Rookie Camp controversy.
It is all so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Honestly the Big Camp is affording two spots at best to maybe 5 players at most.
Based on the veterans and returning players remaining healthy.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

What? None of those guys are auditionning for an NHL job anytime soon. I don't really get what Beaudoin has to do with Weaver in any way. One is going back to junior and the other won't be here in a year.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
What? None of those guys are auditionning for an NHL job anytime soon. I don't really get what Beaudoin has to do with Weaver in any way. One is going back to junior and the other won't be here in a year.

Then let him go back to Junior quietly and let him in camp when he resembles a grown man.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Then let him go back to Junior quietly and let him in camp when he resembles a grown man.

I have no problem letting him go to the Voltigeurs (?), despite him being one of the best d-man at the rookie camp with Bennett. I just don't get what Weaver has to do with this.

Anyway on topic, that's a pretty big list of players. I wonder if they'll just cut more player in the first wave of spread it out (as in more players being dressed in pre-season or the same as last year).

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The breaking camp with 3 goalies doesn't really appeal to me.
We have so few spots available on our 23 man roster that using one to carry a 3rd doesn't make sense.
We don't really owe PB anything Tokarski gets my nod. I think we can build him up into something very marketable while continuing to develop in Ham. This is far more logical than keeping an aging Budaj.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think Eberle is either gonna be one of the final cuts or gets a contract, he has the energy of Gallagher, just not the skill.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
has anyone noticed Evan Wardley in rookie camp? I saw hes been now moved onto main camp. He was a camp invite. Ive seen him a lot in past few years in WHL and hes one of the more intimidating dman in the league that hits a ton and fights. Skates pretty well too... Habs obviously like what they see... what a huge blow to the Seattle Thunderbirds if Wardley earns a AHL deal

TroyM

Jan 23, 2004
I noticed him for sure, throwing his weight around often and seeking to do so. To be honest that is my main notice of him, he was trying to be physical for sure and succeeded a few times. Didn't notice anything terrible or amazing other than that. Much more interesting to see if he can hold his own with the 'big boys'.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Krug would be a top-4 in our team.
He was third in TOI among Bruins d-men.

I know Chara compensate for him and Seidenberg was injured. But him and Bartkowski did it.

Now we do have better options: Nygren is the one that makes me wonder. I think he is more ready at 24 years old and with three years at top of SHL than Beaulieu/Tinordi/Pateryn.

We do have RHD that are ready: Nygren and Pateryn.
Obviously, Nygren is chasing after Gilbert's spots while Pateryn is going after Weaver spots.

Nygren was the best offensive d-men in SHL, he can play in NHL.
He will be able to challenge Gilbert for a top-4 spot.
I think he can fight for a bottom-6 spot with Weaver if he can improve his defence.
BTW, what is the cost of Nygren/Weaver/Gilbert/Pateryn?

I think that Weaver is going to help improve our defence and will help Pateryn and Nygren. One of those two will be bottom-6 by the end of the season.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
What's the deal with Goulet?

48 points in 66 games in the Q.

Nevins had 48 points in 64 games in the Q and gets dogged for that.

Help me understand why you are constantly pumping Goulet.

Goulet was a 17 year old rookie while Nevins was 20. It's about context.

The biggest? maybe but what the *** is Justin Baker doing there?????

It's actually very simple, he's probably vying for an AHL/ECHL contract and their camp only starts in 2 weeks, that's why all the pro guys are in Habs camp. The guys sent home are the ones still in junior.

Weaver? He's gone next year and we don't have an small defenceman in our pipelines. Did I say that we need to sign him? no, i'm just wondering why Baker deserve an invitation at the main over Beaudoin.

See above, they probably brought in Baker to compete for an AHL/ECHL gig, their camp only starts in 2 weeks. Beaudoin was the last guy invited, it's good that he played well, but obviously they didn't like him enough to keep him longer, don't see the problem.

Personally I would have liked him to stay longer, but won't lose sleep over it.

BigFatPapa

Oct 7, 2003
Ah ah. Link?

So Gaboury has ethics problems after scoring 19G in 20GP with Drouin and Ehlers...

What are ethics problems?

Work ethic problems maybe? If that's what 25get means, it should be noted that Gadoury didn't pass his medicals because he was injured, not because he was out of shape so I don't see the issue

Or maybe he's just ethically dubious, like he doesn't pay his taxes or something

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Work ethic problems maybe? If that's what 25get means, it should be noted that Gadoury didn't pass his medicals because he was injured, not because he was out of shape so I don't see the issue

Or maybe he's just ethically dubious, like he doesn't pay his taxes or something

Dubious ethics at that age?
Caught cheating at CEGEP?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I don't see any defenceman other than Beaulieu, Tinordi and Pateryn earning a chance to play in the NHL. Maybe they give Bennett an extra look and that's it. He's making a strong case for fourth in the Montreal prospect d chart.

At forward, it's Sekac's spot to lose and I don't see him losing it.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
The breaking camp with 3 goalies doesn't really appeal to me.
We have so few spots available on our 23 man roster that using one to carry a 3rd doesn't make sense.
We don't really owe PB anything Tokarski gets my nod. I think we can build him up into something very marketable while continuing to develop in Ham. This is far more logical than keeping an aging Budaj.

Tokarski gotta go thru waiver if he goes back to Hamilton, you really think no one is claiming him!!?? That forces you to take a decision before the season get started!!

PricePkPatch*

Isnt there dedicated Gentlemen posters who write articles about the training camp?

PricePkPatch*

It was pretty much underwhelming..

Awwww

All right then. Can you then report tabloid-style? Which players gravitate around Patch, which gravitate around PK?

That way, we will invent a divide in our locker room and give airs of Leadership Fight!!!!!!

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Tokarski gotta go thru waiver if he goes back to Hamilton, you really think no one is claiming him!!??

There is a marked discrepency every year between the number of players HF Boards think have 'no chance' of passing through waivers unclaimed and the number that actually get claimed.

Most (if not every) team will already have two NHL goaltenders set. Team with an injury problem might claim Tokarski, but he's no certainty to get claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad