Proposal: 2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I disagree. He needs to be given a chance to work on his offence in ottawa. As the players love to say, he is griping his stick too tight right now. He's getting his chances, and once he s his first, I think the goals will start to come. We don't need him to be a top scorer right now anyways with the way he plays defensively for us

Well, I disagree with your disagreement.

He's in a developmental year. The WORST POSSIBLE THING to let a kid do in a developmental year in which he is trying to develop his offensive game is to let him play through those "gripping his stick too hard" moments.

"Let's take this year, in which you should be honing your offensive skill by being an offensive player, and teach you what it's like not to score ever by not giving you offensive minutes". How on earth does that make sense?

Shouldn't be on the team.

It makes no sense that Lazar was kept up whike Pageau was sent back down.

Agreed.

I mean, it seemed easy enough: the guy who is NHL ready and WILL overcook if you keep him down too long gets sent down, and the guy who needs further development and WON'T overcook in Junior gets kept up? What?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Methot for Perron is a win.

Perron - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson
Michalek - Smith - Neil
Greening, Condra

Sick forward group.

Just need to find a way to get rid of Michalek and Greening.

Our biggest problem is defense. We have other internal solutions I believe we could look at. Why not call up Puempel who had a very good camp?

Perron is soft as butter. He can put up points and I'd gladly take him on the team but trading Methot who is our best true Dman when we sorely need him for more offense is not making us better. It makes us better in offense but substantially weaker on defense.

If Murray can somehow grab Perron + something interesting for Methot + Smith it would be more enticing but a Perron for Methot isn't what we need I believe

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Our biggest problem is defense. We have other internal solutions I believe we could look at. Why not call up Puempel who had a very good camp?

defense -> internal solutions -> Puempel

This.. does not make sense.

Puemps has just found his scoring touch this year. Leave him down there for a while.

Lazar to junior after the WJC, Pageau up. Simple.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind moving Andy if it's part of a package for a young elite (and I stress elite) forward if we're doing the purge thing.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
defense -> internal solutions -> Puempel

This.. does not make sense.

Puemps has just found his scoring touch this year. Leave him down there for a while.

If Lazar is up here, I have no clue why Puempel couldn't. He had a great preseason and showed what he can do. Why not give him a shot, doesn't have to be 60 games either... Just to see what he can bring. He is likely to be on the team next year and I think it would be good to give him a shot while he's doing very well.

The defense part was about trading Methot for a winger?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
methot isnt getting Perron + .....he is a UFA

Draisaitl would be amazing but unrealistic imo

Stewart is probably likely

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011

If we get Stewart for Meth I'm going to barf.

Because that'll mean we traded Foligno for Stewart. And that's sickening.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
If we get Stewart for Meth I'm going to barf.

Because that'll mean we traded Foligno for Stewart. And that's sickening.
i doubt we trade methot for stewart

doesn't really help buffalo cause i doubt Methot is eager to sign there

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I would be pretty disappointed for a Methot / Stewart trade. Never understood the hype nor fascination with him

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.

I'd be willing to add if it means we could snag Draisaitl. I would include any of:
2015 2nds (Either or both)
Chiasson
Smith
I'm sure a package could be worked out around that.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I would be pretty disappointed for a Methot / Stewart trade. Never understood the hype nor fascination with him

again no one said Methot for Stewart and that doesn't make sense for Buffalo unless he is willing to sign with the worst team in the league

they probably want a prospect

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
What's the scouting report on Draisaitl?

Assets: A top offensive forward, he excels at playmaking and puck distribution (but he can also finish off plays himself). Is obsessed with getting better in his overall game and plays with passion. Is a great passer.

Flaws: At times, his exuberance gets him into trouble on the ice. Therefore, he needs to become more disciplined in order to maximize his vast offensive talent. Also, he needs to work on his consistency.

Career Potential: Talented playmaker with big upside.

His skating isn't that great but he has good size for a center..slower but better passing zibby

I can't see edm giving him up without us giving them some really solid piece like lehner

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
again no one said Methot for Stewart and that doesn't make sense for Buffalo unless he is willing to sign with the worst team in the league

they probably want a prospect

Half of my point still stands. Never understood the hype for him

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Draisatl is their best center most nights. He's no Nuge long term, but I don't think he's in play from their end.

I do think we could get a conversation started on Nurse and Perron and a mid-pick if we moved Meth and Smith.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Assets: A top offensive forward, he excels at playmaking and puck distribution (but he can also finish off plays himself). Is obsessed with getting better in his overall game and plays with passion. Is a great passer.

Flaws: At times, his exuberance gets him into trouble on the ice. Therefore, he needs to become more disciplined in order to maximize his vast offensive talent. Also, he needs to work on his consistency.

Career Potential: Talented playmaker with big upside.

His skating isn't that great but he has good size for a center..slower but better passing zibby

I can't see edm giving him up without us giving them some really solid piece like lehner

Sounds like a good prospect and an expensive one to obtain in terms of assets

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Draisatl is their best center most nights. He's no Nuge long term, but I don't think he's in play from their end.

I do think we could get a conversation started on Nurse and Perron and a mid-pick if we moved Meth and Smith.

to get nurse and perron i think it will atleast cost Anderson + Methot +pick (depending on if methot signs)

even then they are really high on nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad