Proposal: 2014-15 Season Trade Rumours/Proposals thread vol. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Trading Methot unless getting a significant return would be stupid. He is our best true defensemen and the only one who can play on a first pairing with Karlsson. If we trade him we need another top pairing guy to play with Karlsson and that will definately cost us north of 5M if we get a UFA

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
No clue. I'm just speculating as to why they don't want him. If they really liked him as a person and player you'd think they'd be able to bridge the gap and get a deal done

I really don't believe thats the case. He is from Ottawa and lives it here. I think maybe Murray wanted to play hardball with him since he thought Methot would take a hometown discount but it looks like he wants to cash in and that's normal. He never really had a big contract yet and he's in his prime so it's now or never for him.

And from the last months or so, probably Murray not being to reassured about his back issues. I wouldn't gamble signing this guy long term having such problems especially with Horton's situation going on.

I wonder what's his value. He'll be one of the best defensemen available until the deadline but a team has to be sure he's healthy before giving up assets and how do you know it doesn't come back? Back issues are bad

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Eklund (lol):

On Marc Methot...

The Oilers and Sens have had discussions regarding a deal that would send Marc Methot to the Oilers for Dave Perron plus a pick and a prospect. The Sens have talked about upping the deal and would like Draisaitl, but for now word is the Oilers are not looking to move him. The Stars and Kings have also asked about Methot...the Sens may be interested in the King's offering more than the Star's as of now...

Perron and Nurse would do it for me just fine, they can keep the pick.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I would do Draistle straight up for Methot, don't think the oilers would do it, and its most likely ******** for Eklund

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
David Perron?

No thanks.

This team doesn't need another 20-ish goal 2nd line winger.

We need some 1st line skill.

Where the hell we are gonna find that, who knows.

Last edited:

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Off ice issues such as...?

He goes to the bars which is what people tend to reference but I don't really see how that's an issue. It would be naive to think that every player in the league doesn't hit the sauce every once in a while.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Methot for Perron is a win.

Perron - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson
Michalek - Smith - Neil
Greening, Condra

Sick forward group.

Just need to find a way to get rid of Michalek and Greening.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I like Methot, just not sure about giving him a big money, long-term deal at his age with his recent injuries. If I remember correctly we let Volchenkov go for the same reasons and it worked out pretty well for us.

Perron would be a solid return. Even the Oilers couldn't stop him from putting up 25G and 55P last season. On pace for 40+ points in an embarrasingly bad start for the team this season. He's a 50+ point forward in a normal season.

If we can find a way to get rid of Greening in the deal, and maybe pick up an asset in the deal as well, it should be a no brainer:

Methot + Greening for Perron + 3rd.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Methot for Perron is a win.

Perron - Zibanejad - Ryan
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Legwand - Chiasson
Michalek - Smith - Neil
Greening, Condra

Sick forward group.

Just need to find a way to get rid of Michalek and Greening.

I don't think its a win.
Id much rather have a re-signed methot over perron, and i like perron and want him on our team.

Also no Laser in your lineup.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I like Methot, just not sure about giving him a big money, long-term deal at his age with his recent injuries. If I remember correctly we let Volchenkov go for the same reasons and it worked out pretty well for us.

Perron would be a solid return. Even the Oilers couldn't stop him from putting up 25G and 55P last season. On pace for 40+ points in an embarrasingly bad start for the team this season. He's a 50+ point forward in a normal season.

If we can find a way to get rid of Greening in the deal, and maybe pick up an asset in the deal as well, it should be a no brainer:

Methot + Greening for Perron + 3rd.

Agreed.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Lazar needs to get back to junior ASAP.

We already know he can play a gritty bottom-6 role in the NHL, he needs to work on his offence, and he's not getting any development in Ottawa in that regard.

It makes no sense that Lazar was kept up whike Pageau was sent back down.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Lazar needs to get back to junior ASAP.

We already know he can play a gritty bottom-6 role in the NHL, he needs to work on his offence, and he's not getting any development in Ottawa in that regard.

I disagree. He needs to be given a chance to work on his offence in ottawa. As the players love to say, he is griping his stick too tight right now. He's getting his chances, and once he s his first, I think the goals will start to come. We don't need him to be a top scorer right now anyways with the way he plays defensively for us

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Some Garrioch trade tidbits:

The changes may not stop with coaching. The Senators have been shopping forwards Erik Condra and Colin Greening along with defenceman Patrick Wiercioch. They are also listening on centre Zack Smith, who has seen his role slipped and struggled mightily.

There is also speculation the club may try to use its strength in net to get an impact player. Goaltenders Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner are both under contract long-term. Both could be valuable commodities in a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad